Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/9/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/9/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/9/12
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/18/13
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/9/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/9/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/9/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/20/13 at 5:59am in High-end Audio Forum
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Selling off my IEMs, looking for a good full size can replacement Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 141post #2101 of 47131/2/13 at 6:52pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2102 of 47131/2/13 at 6:58pmpost #2103 of 47131/2/13 at 8:33pmThread Starterpost #2104 of 47131/2/13 at 8:46pmpost #2105 of 47131/2/13 at 8:50pmThread Starterpost #2106 of 47131/2/13 at 9:39pmpost #2107 of 47131/3/13 at 12:29am
Great review ! I would like to know if your ranking holds good regardless of whether the music source was desktop or portable. For example, would you rate the LCD-3s at #8 for both sources of music ?post #2108 of 47131/3/13 at 12:35am
HI David! I have been reading this forum for many years now and reading different topics about my favorite hobby. I never bothered to register until today just to thank you for your extraordinary effort and great reviews! Thanks.
Edited by muxamed - 1/3/13 at 12:38ampost #2109 of 47131/3/13 at 2:18amQuote:Not overkill at all. It's many ways to have the B22 configured. You may want a 2 channel..
It's a 4 channel balanced ;)Quote:The HD800 are like a pet.... the more you love them, the more they love you back......
@DavidMahler : my 2 cents about the SR507. I have paired it with a SR007t, It tends to be bit cold. It beats the HD800 non amped. When I want to sell it, it was connected to the normal connector, but I have found that it must connected to a pro connector. The difference was immediatly here, more weight and bass slam. For electronic music it is great because it offers a very fast decay with clarity and detail...it is more fun to listen than a HD800 but can be fatiguing for long session and it doesn't provide the HD800's comfort.
Well it's not a fair game because the HD800 is not amped, we will see if my first impression is okay. But I believe that have the same ears and taste because when I read your comparison it's so similar to what I think.
Edited by Hun7er - 1/3/13 at 2:37ampost #2110 of 47131/3/13 at 4:39am
That's what I have my gain is set to 8X . Who was the builder? That amp is one of the best all around amps out there. Pairs well with just about anything..post #2111 of 47131/3/13 at 5:22ampost #2112 of 47131/3/13 at 5:29ampost #2113 of 47131/3/13 at 5:42ampost #2114 of 47131/3/13 at 5:44am
reminds me of this other really cool looking beta 22 that sold last year.post #2115 of 47131/3/13 at 5:52amThread StarterHey everyone. I haven't had the chance to respond to recent comments (I will) but I wanted to comment that several of the headphones have the wrong photo assigned to them right now. I am not certain as to why as I haven't edited anything recently. I will fix this when I'm by a computer
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 10 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Appreciation Thread. :) 33 seconds ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 1 minute ago
- › Akg Q701 or Grado RS-2i 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic t50p 4 minutes ago
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi