Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 90

post #1336 of 4939

Sincerely mr.dave what headphones is the best for movie?

post #1337 of 4939

Man...every time I look at the beginning of the post and see this picture :

 

I start drooling.

 

I propose a new smiley for audiophile drooling :)) :

 

 

700

 

Atistatic, I loved the hd800 with movies, better than my lcd2 actually. Also the hd650 were great for movies, but with HD800 it was like you were there.


Edited by dan.gheorghe - 11/26/12 at 6:47am
post #1338 of 4939
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by atistatic View Post

Sincerely mr.dave what headphones is the best for movie?

For movies, if you're going with a sizeable setup, the HD800 is great as is the HD650.  The D7000 (if you can find it used) is very well-liked (and is closed back) or the TH900.  The LCD-2 and LCD-3 are also excellent choices, but the comfort level isn't as good.  Also, the DT990 is a good choice. 

If you're looking for a more on-the-go kinda thing then in-ears will do well also.... the Westone 4 is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post


700

 

Hahaha!

post #1339 of 4939
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post

For movies, if you're going with a sizeable setup, the HD800 is great as is the HD650.  The D7000 (if you can find it used) is very well-liked (and is closed back) or the TH900.  The LCD-2 and LCD-3 are also excellent choices, but the comfort level isn't as good.  Also, the DT990 is a good choice. 

If you're looking for a more on-the-go kinda thing then in-ears will do well also.... the Westone 4 is good.

Hahaha!

 

Hi David!

 

I am also looking for an all-round headphone, for music gaming and movies.

I was hoping the HIFIman HE-500 (or the slightly different) HE-5LEs would be nice :/ (Perhaps even the HE-6 later on)

 

Why dont you recommend them for movies?

And how about for gaming?

 

Thanks!

Best regards, Luke

post #1340 of 4939
The dt990s have got to be one of the worst headphones I have ever heard. My ears cant stand even 5 seconds of their sound before they start to ring. I literally get tinnitus after listening to a few seconds of the dt990s. the irony is that my current favorite is also a beyer... The DT250-250.
post #1341 of 4939
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

 

Hi David!

 

I am also looking for an all-round headphone, for music gaming and movies.

I was hoping the HIFIman HE-500 (or the slightly different) HE-5LEs would be nice :/ (Perhaps even the HE-6 later on)

 

Why dont you recommend them for movies?

And how about for gaming?

 

Thanks!

Best regards, Luke

The HE500 is good too.  These are all good headphones.  :)

post #1342 of 4939
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post

 

So you're also a car guy, i'm curious to know then, as to  wich headphones would best represent my Acura RSX Type-S wink.gif

thats a hard one biggrin.gif ..in the past i used to own a tuned nissan 200sx (silvia) from 1997 and a tuned viper green honda del sol from 1992, a tuned subaru impreza STI and a tuned EVO 7.. i think ur acura (2006?) falls in same category..an agressive sounding and driving car who gives u a big smile on corners...mmmmm maybe a fostex TH900?  wink.gif


Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/26/12 at 11:41am
post #1343 of 4939
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post

The dt990s have got to be one of the worst headphones I have ever heard. My ears cant stand even 5 seconds of their sound before they start to ring. I literally get tinnitus after listening to a few seconds of the dt990s. the irony is that my current favorite is also a beyer... The DT250-250.


They certainly are very colored

post #1344 of 4939
Thread Starter 

I'm burning in the next headphone for the review.  I will spoil the surprise on one of them.  The HE-400 will be one of the next two headphones added to the review:)

post #1345 of 4939

Here's an unorthodox question for you David:

 

Which of your reviewed headphones have the nicest case/box?

post #1346 of 4939
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Here's an unorthodox question for you David:

 

Which of your reviewed headphones have the nicest case/box?

 

400

 

I want to know too just for kicks and giggles.

post #1347 of 4939
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Here's an unorthodox question for you David:

 

Which of your reviewed headphones have the nicest case/box?

In my opinion... R10:)

 

followed by:

 

HE90

SR-009

Edition 10

Edition 8 Limited Edition

Jade

 

probably in that order


Edited by DavidMahler - 11/26/12 at 6:15pm
post #1348 of 4939
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post

I'm burning in the next headphone for the review.  I will spoil the surprise on one of them.  The HE-400 will be one of the next two headphones added to the review:)

 

Looking forward to your thoughts on the HE400.  When you do critically compare David, if you can also compare the HD600 and HE400 side by side at some stage it would be appreciated.  As they are in similar price brackets, there has often been questions about the two.  I'd be very interested in your thoughts.

post #1349 of 4939
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

 

Looking forward to your thoughts on the HE400.  When you do critically compare David, if you can also compare the HD600 and HE400 side by side at some stage it would be appreciated.  As they are in similar price brackets, there has often been questions about the two.  I'd be very interested in your thoughts.

Definitely will do!  I'll probably directtly compare them against all the hifimans, Audeze and Sennheisers on my list, and then I will probably take out the SR-009, the T1, DT880, R10 bass light and heavy and TH900.  If the comparisons start to yield very strange results, I may end up having to compare them to a lot more too.


Edited by DavidMahler - 11/26/12 at 6:18pm
post #1350 of 4939
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

thats a hard one biggrin.gif ..in the past i used to own a tuned nissan 200sx (silvia) from 1997 and a tuned viper green honda del sol from 1992, a tuned subaru impreza STI and a tuned EVO 7.. i think ur acura (2006?) falls in same category..an agressive sounding and driving car who gives u a big smile on corners...mmmmm maybe a fostex TH900?  wink.gif

 

Beeing both audiophiles and car guys, something tells me you and i would definately have a lot to talk about i we'd ever meet, you have owned some very nice cars, and yes it's a 2006 and it only has 33 000 miles on it, by the way, i've never heard the fostex TH900, and since i'm a Grado fan, i'd say that the SR80is would best represent my car, they both sit in the lower part of their respective food chains, and they both have a pretty good price vs fun factor.


Edited by stacker45 - 11/26/12 at 8:42pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)