Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 81

post #1201 of 4937
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post

Wow. Thanks for taking time to write such detailed reviews.

 

Definitely helping a lot with choosing between headphones smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!:)

post #1202 of 4937

I'm 95% sure what one of those two headphones will be (coughoneoftheheadphonesinmysignaturecough), no idea what the other one may be though.

post #1203 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

I'm 95% sure what one of those two headphones will be (coughoneoftheheadphonesinmysignaturecough), no idea what the other one may be though.

 

He-400? I would rather Audio-technica W1000X, Sennheiser HD598 or maybe Fostex T50RP paradox...

post #1204 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHOE View Post

 

He-400? I would rather Audio-technica W1000X, Sennheiser HD598 or maybe Fostex T50RP paradox...

 

Why not the HE-400s?  How do they measure?

 

It seems to be an overwhelming amount of people really liking the HE-400s for some reason.

post #1205 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

Why not the HE-400s?  How do they measure?

 

It seems to be an overwhelming amount of people really liking the HE-400s for some reason.

 

Just because I would gladly recommend anyone to go for HE-500 or HE-6... Especially HE-500 are very very good for their price and could be available used for small amount of money (relatively).

 

How do they measure? Not near HE-500 or HE-6 in terms of balance and technical ability...


Edited by MHOE - 11/24/12 at 10:49am
post #1206 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHOE View Post

 

Just because I would gladly recommend anyone to go for HE-500 or HE-6...

 

 

I understand.  But do they measure bad or something?

post #1207 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHOE View Post

 

Just because I would gladly recommend anyone to go for HE-500 or HE-6... Especially HE-500 are very very good for their price and could be available used for very affordable price.

 

I'm sorry but that's not a valid argument at all. HE400 is $400 (and $360 on certain websites quite often), while HE500 is always always $700, almost double the cost of HE400s. And HE6 is $1200!

 

They are in entirely different price ranges, maybe cost doesn't matter much to you, but they matter a whole lot to most people in this hobby.  If someone can spend to upwards of $400, are you going to recommend HE500s to them?

post #1208 of 4937

wink.gif

 

Their measurements are atrocious!  I'd never recommend them.

post #1209 of 4937

I think it'd be interesting to put the HE-400 in to see how they measure up against the high end stuff, seeing as they seem to be a popular choice for mid-range buys. tongue.gif

post #1210 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post

I think it'd be interesting to put the HE-400 in to see how they measure up against the high end stuff, seeing as they seem to be a popular choice for mid-range buys. tongue.gif

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE400.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE500.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE6.pdf

post #1211 of 4937

He meant measure as in, fair against sonically.  Not how they literally measure up.

post #1212 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

They are in entirely different price ranges, maybe cost doesn't matter much to you, but they matter a whole lot to most people in this hobby.  If someone can spend to upwards of $400, are you going to recommend HE500s to them?

 

Valid point... Up to $400? 

 

I would personally recommend HD600, HD650 or modded T50RP... But I am sure they are head-fiers who have much better knowledge in this area. But IMHO, HD600 or HD650. It depends on prefered music of course... But overally and for long-term quality, these two.

post #1213 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

He meant measure as in, fair against sonically.  Not how they literally measure up.

 

Haha, sry darthsmile.gif

post #1214 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

I understand.  But do they measure bad or something?

 

Not badly but I would rather get something else for the price of 400USD... But, for 700USD, HE-500 for sure.

post #1215 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHOE View Post

 

Valid point... Up to $400? 

 

I would personally recommend HD600, HD650 or modded T50RP... But I am sure they are head-fiers who have much better knowledge in this area. But IMHO, HD600 or HD650. It depends on prefered music of course... But overally and for long-term quality, these two.

 

 

Now, have you heard the HE-400?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)