Quick question: how much have you spent on all audio-related gear so far? 0.0
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/9/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/9/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/9/12
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/18/13
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/9/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/9/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/9/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/20/13 at 5:59am in High-end Audio Forum
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Selling off my IEMs, looking for a good full size can replacement Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 471411/1/12 at 3:39ampost #123 of 471411/1/12 at 3:40ampost #124 of 471411/1/12 at 3:42ampost #125 of 471411/1/12 at 3:46ampost #126 of 471411/1/12 at 3:48ampost #127 of 471411/1/12 at 3:52am
Outstanding David. This is the best work I have seen to date on headfi or anywhere . Your effort and commitment is to be admired. I really enjoyed the read/post #128 of 471411/1/12 at 3:55ampost #129 of 471411/1/12 at 3:58am
Massive! Would love to hear your opinion on the AKG K550 with that setup and compared to your other headphones (although they are not "flagship" of "ultra hi-fi" at all).post #130 of 471411/1/12 at 3:58am
Thank you David for your hard work. This is a piece of gem!! While I'm sure everyone has their own top 10 ranking headphone, you have provided us unbiased information of all headphones you reviewed. Thank you.
Just a note on the HD800, I have serviced the headphone in Sennheiser Singapore, and I have replaced the headband, ear pads as well as the outer plastic cover of those drivers. So yeah they are replaceable.
K702 finally got out of your top 20 list hahaha!
Just a small comment I do however prefer the old way how you put percentage according to genre. Nevertheless this is the most comprehensive reviewed I have ever seen!! Hope this work will continue to update for many months / years to come.post #131 of 471411/1/12 at 4:17ampost #132 of 471411/1/12 at 4:19ampost #133 of 471411/1/12 at 4:24am
Finally had the chance to read most of the write up. Really well done, well organised and written. Masterful.
However i was slightly disappointed the HE-400 wasn't on the list. I would have liked to see how it stacks up to the big boys.post #134 of 471411/1/12 at 4:26am
Best comparison I've seen online for sure. Something of this content belongs featured in a magazine.
I think we can all agree this will be used as a reference for a long time to come!
Well done indeed.post #135 of 471411/1/12 at 4:38amQuote:
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › SR60-Mod part II 32 seconds ago
- › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM 35 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 45 seconds ago
- › Review: SPL Auditor 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › need help upgrading USB cable 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 5 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 6 minutes ago
- › $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be... 7 minutes ago
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi