WOW. Crazy review....when I saw the picture of those headphones.... holyy shiz nickles
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/9/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/9/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/9/12
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/18/13
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by System, 11/9/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/9/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/9/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/9/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/20/13 at 5:59am in High-end Audio Forum
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Selling off my IEMs, looking for a good full size can replacement Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 8post #106 of 471211/1/12 at 1:53am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 471211/1/12 at 2:14ampost #108 of 471211/1/12 at 2:19ampost #109 of 471211/1/12 at 2:37ampost #110 of 471211/1/12 at 2:39ampost #111 of 471211/1/12 at 2:44ampost #112 of 471211/1/12 at 2:44ampost #113 of 471211/1/12 at 2:44am
I am not that surprise when you placed W5000 on the bottom of the list. To me, W5000 has it's own unique "flagship" sounding and only fit only a handful music genres. It may not be the best technical headphone for the asking price but it is considered "special" in my collections :)post #114 of 471211/1/12 at 2:46ampost #115 of 471211/1/12 at 2:48am16 months! Very well done indeed, this will be a reference for years to come
You have truly surpassed even yourself David, as I still associate you with another epic post from a few years past: your painstakingly detailed Front Row-based music server system for selecting iTunes music files with the Apple remote control.
Do you still use that system, most likely in a legacy configuration? It may still be possible to run it under Lion.
Sorry for the OT, and thanks again for this epic comparison; permanently bookmarked!
Edited by grokit - 11/1/12 at 3:45pmpost #116 of 471211/1/12 at 2:49am
I'll have to admit, this comparison is sheer awesomeness on a whole new level, a giant leap for manki... I mean, for the Head-Fi community worldwide. Kudos!
However, I personally cannot agree that the HD800 was ranked higher than the LCD-3 or the HE-6, while the TH900 was ranked lower than the HD600.
Having heard (and owned) several flagship headphones myself, I prefer TH900 > LCD-3 > HE-6 > LCD-2 > HE-500 > HD800 in this order. Just my two cents.
Edited by songmic - 11/1/12 at 2:51ampost #117 of 471211/1/12 at 3:13ampost #118 of 471211/1/12 at 3:14ampost #119 of 471211/1/12 at 3:19am
Told ya there would be some buying started by this review! And so it begins! What are we most tempted to try??????
I'm going with the Orpheus due to them being so reasonably priced and easy to source.
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 47 seconds ago
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 2 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, January 18, 2014 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe