New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I NEED HELP

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 

I want a pair of Custom IEM's and i really need help with what brand to choose, is 1964any good  my price range is 600 and under, i would like 3 or 4 armature drivers! Help please:)

post #2 of 20

What sound signature do you like?  Bassy or bass light?  Clear mids for rock and metal or is that not an issue?  Is hearing cymbals and chimes in music more critical than kick drum?

 

I would take a look at joker's master IEM list here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-262-iems-compared-ultimate-ears-ue-900-added-10-28-12


Edited by NA Blur - 10/31/12 at 1:44pm
post #3 of 20

I will recommend to buy the used highend custom IEMs like JH13Pro, Westone ES5, UM Miracle from here and remold them from UM (they willbe fantastic value) and if not then UM Mage, 1664 Quad, Heir Audio 4A are great buy.

post #4 of 20
Thread Starter 

I really like heavy metal so i would like heightened mids but i also like bass so i would like a balance! I would like them to be accurate. I'm really new to this but music is my life so i thought it'd be a great investment

post #5 of 20
Thread Starter 

Are customs a lot better than Universal?

post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDGD View Post

Are customs a lot better than Universal?


In every single way IMHO. They are made for your ears, they are made in colors designs etc that you choose. Biggest thing for me, never having to worry about tips ever again.

post #7 of 20

Ears never stop growing. Don't customs need to be refit every few years?

post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatManWithAC2 View Post

Ears never stop growing. Don't customs need to be refit every few years?


Maybe if you buy them when you are 5 years old. biggrin.gif

post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post


Maybe if you buy them when you are 5 years old. biggrin.gif

Ears never stop growing. The question was serious and did not need your flippant reply.

post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatManWithAC2 View Post

Ears never stop growing. The question was serious and did not need your flippant reply.


I am aware of the fact ears continue to grow, like I said, its not an issue unless you are really young.

post #11 of 20
Thread Starter 

i'm 16 and just would really like some super nice IEM's right now i'm looking at 1964 Quad custom! anything else i should look at?

post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post


I am aware of the fact ears continue to grow, like I said, its not an issue unless you are really young.


When you get them fit at age 25, your ears will continue to grow but they are still the same size? How do you figure that out? Besides, why are there companies that will refit customs if it isn't necessary?

post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatManWithAC2 View Post


When you get them fit at age 25, your ears will continue to grow but they are still the same size? How do you figure that out? Besides, why are there companies that will refit customs if it isn't necessary?


Sigh, ears can grow without the canal changing. As for places refitting customs, think about it. People might just want to change the look, people might buy a custom to get whats inside to save some money, then have them made to fit their ears.

post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post


Sigh, ears can grow without the canal changing. As for places refitting customs, think about it. People might just want to change the look, people might buy a custom to get whats inside to save some money, then have them made to fit their ears.


Your reply is filled with lots of conditionals like can and might. Do you have any science that shows as ears grow ear canals stay the same? And please save your sighs. They make you sound extremely condescending.

post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatManWithAC2 View Post


Your reply is filled with lots of conditionals like can and might. Do you have any science that shows as ears grow ear canals stay the same? And please save your sighs. They make you sound extremely condescending.


Listen, I am done trying to help you. Feel free to go search the internet and make your own conclusion. I own customs, so I might know something about them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: