I want a pair of Custom IEM's and i really need help with what brand to choose, is 1964any good my price range is 600 and under, i would like 3 or 4 armature drivers! Help please:)
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 11/2/12
- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 11/2/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 11/2/12
- productHeir Audio 4 Atagged by System, 11/2/12
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 11/2/12
- productUnique Melody Magetagged by System, 11/2/12
- productUnique Melody Miracletagged by System, 11/2/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- CIEM(s) with CK10-Type Sound Signature? Last post on 6/12/12 at 8:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UM Miracle or JH13 Last post on 10/8/11 at 8:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Custom IEM period? Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- First custom IEM - recommendations? Last post on 7/18/11 at 10:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- We got ljokerl a UM Miracle! Last post on 7/31/11 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
I NEED HELP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What sound signature do you like? Bassy or bass light? Clear mids for rock and metal or is that not an issue? Is hearing cymbals and chimes in music more critical than kick drum?
I would take a look at joker's master IEM list here:
Edited by NA Blur - 10/31/12 at 1:44pm
I will recommend to buy the used highend custom IEMs like JH13Pro, Westone ES5, UM Miracle from here and remold them from UM (they willbe fantastic value) and if not then UM Mage, 1664 Quad, Heir Audio 4A are great buy.
I really like heavy metal so i would like heightened mids but i also like bass so i would like a balance! I would like them to be accurate. I'm really new to this but music is my life so i thought it'd be a great investment
In every single way IMHO. They are made for your ears, they are made in colors designs etc that you choose. Biggest thing for me, never having to worry about tips ever again.
I am aware of the fact ears continue to grow, like I said, its not an issue unless you are really young.
When you get them fit at age 25, your ears will continue to grow but they are still the same size? How do you figure that out? Besides, why are there companies that will refit customs if it isn't necessary?
Sigh, ears can grow without the canal changing. As for places refitting customs, think about it. People might just want to change the look, people might buy a custom to get whats inside to save some money, then have them made to fit their ears.
Your reply is filled with lots of conditionals like can and might. Do you have any science that shows as ears grow ear canals stay the same? And please save your sighs. They make you sound extremely condescending.
Listen, I am done trying to help you. Feel free to go search the internet and make your own conclusion. I own customs, so I might know something about them.
- I NEED HELP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 3 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 10 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 26 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 32 seconds ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 43 seconds ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [Help] Mad Dog Pro vs. Alpha Dog 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)