Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!! - Page 3  

post #31 of 99
Thread Starter 

the mids might not be particularly forward, but its not a tad bit recessed ... i think its near perfect. 

 

for mid centric sets the bass compliments the dominant mids,

for technical sets too, the bass is just there and dont show any particular body or decay..

 

but for the MH1c  the bass and mids compliment each other to form a near perfect balance!!

once amped ... i would call the bass-mids balance to be  very much like a dt 990 pro! superb!   

post #32 of 99

Hey guys,

 

How do these compare to various VSonics (GR99/GR02/GR04)? Also, are they comfortable?

 

Thanks!

post #33 of 99

Personally I find that over the ear iems are more comfortable, these are comfortable though for a cable down design. 

post #34 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammlied69 View Post

I find mine pair up well with the fiio e11. was listening lastnite while at work lol thru a ZuneHD plus E11.The comfort on these are outstanding too even after 6hrs!!!i would not say they are balanced tho imho its more of a warm V shape. in fact after switching between BrainwavzR1 and MH1C i find R1 sound sig. is midfreq more forward.But MHC1 is a bang for$$$ for sure got mine for $ 19.90 with free prime shipping @ amazon.com!!!cant explain it but this earphone just sounds so right ymmv!

woah. woah. woah.
did you just say r1's mids are more forward than mh1c?
You sure your fit is perfect?
I challenge you to move the mh1c around a bit in your ear.
Sometimes our earshape keeps certain sounds from reaching the eardrum.

I think the only thing the r1 have the mh1c beat in is soundstage. and even my opinion on that is starting to change.
BUT.
In comparison the the mh1, r1 mids are definitely recessed.
Edited by atomikn00b - 11/4/12 at 6:18pm
post #35 of 99
What i was trying say was how the two differ in mid freq presentation ymmv!!!to my ears R1 presents the vocals at eye levelwhere as the sony is at my chin level i dont hear any lack of mids with the sony just different presentation!!! I thought you said in another post you were gonna give the R1 away lol maybe i am wrongconfusing you another poster idk
post #36 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammlied69 View Post

What i was trying say was how the two differ in mid freq presentation ymmv!!!to my ears R1 presents the vocals at eye levelwhere as the sony is at my chin level i dont hear any lack of mids with the sony just different presentation!!! I thought you said in another post you were gonna give the R1 away lol maybe i am wrongconfusing you another poster idk

lol. you're probably not.
I've already packed it up and put it up for sale in the appropriate head-fi section.
I'm also ready to simply return it if it doesn't sell in time.

But still. hmmmm.
For me the mids were the reverse.
To use your style of description, r1 mids at chin and mh1c mids at maybe nose.
post #37 of 99
Thread Starter 
Quote:

Hey guys,

 

How do these compare to various VSonics (GR99/GR02/GR04)? Also, are they comfortable?

 

Thanks!

 

 

hey, this thread is not looked up much as most of the talks and impressions of the mh1c is still going on the Clieos thread here :

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret/585#post_8841615

 

besides the fact that I've not heard any of the Vsonics, Im sorry I can't be of much help. 

 

but Clieos or other headfier's in the thread above might be of help 

post #38 of 99

To give more detail, with R1 not using supplied stock tips but am using dbl flange atrio tips size large i think,also have used shure silicon tip size large as well both gave me a good seal with noise isolation so i could use them at work . .think smaller bore tip on R1 gives more focus in mid to high frq as well as shaping bass frq. more to my liking!!!also have used triple flange with good luck but not as quite comfortable over longer period listening.Tip selection with R1 is critical imho!!!however i dont like foam tips on them as i feel it sucks all the mids and highs out leaving  bloated bass sq.In fact only iem i can use foam tips on are the ClarityOne iem cuz mids and highs are bordering shrill!!!!!Any luck selling R1?I have 2 pr. thats how well i like them lol.Also ordered back up pr. Sony mhc1 !!!!!the wife would kill me if she new she thinks i have earbud fetish as it is lol

post #39 of 99
Thread Starter 

also Linked down is the Clieos review of the vsonics you mentioned :

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607075/review-vsonic-gr01-gr02-bass-edition-gr06-and-gr99-v-for-value

 

 

and the SONY mh1c

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret

 

 

cheers 

post #40 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammlied69 View Post

To give more detail, with R1 not using supplied stock tips but am using dbl flange atrio tips size large i think,also have used shure silicon tip size large as well both gave me a good seal with noise isolation so i could use them at work . .think smaller bore tip on R1 gives more focus in mid to high frq as well as shaping bass frq. more to my liking!!!also have used triple flange with good luck but not as quite comfortable over longer period listening.Tip selection with R1 is critical imho!!!however i dont like foam tips on them as i feel it sucks all the mids and highs out leaving  bloated bass sq.In fact only iem i can use foam tips on are the ClarityOne iem cuz mids and highs are bordering shrill!!!!!Any luck selling R1?I have 2 pr. thats how well i like them lol.Also ordered back up pr. Sony mhc1 !!!!!the wife would kill me if she new she thinks i have earbud fetish as it is lol


You brought up a point,

I haven't tried changing tips with the r1

post #41 of 99
How warm do these sound? I'm looking for something with more midrange than the r1 but I want them to be warmer than say the re-zero
post #42 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhima View Post

How warm do these sound? I'm looking for something with more midrange than the r1 but I want them to be warmer than say the re-zero


This is it.

post #43 of 99
Finally got mine from China today. At first I was not overly impressed playing them with poweramp on my note 2. I decided to throw them on my clip zip for some burnin. Then I read they sound better with shallow insert and I retried them and I agree they sound great. I think I am a little sensitive to treble so these are perfect for me. I love the tips and how I barely have to push them in and I get a great seal.
Edited by Spider fan - 11/5/12 at 5:27pm
post #44 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider fan View Post

Finally got mine from China today. At first I was not overly impressed playing them with poweramp on my note 2. I decided to throw them on my clip zip for some burnin. Then I read they sound better with shallow insert and I retried them and I agree they sound great. I think I am a little sensitive to treble so these are perfect for me. I love the tips and how I barely have to push them in and I get a great seal.

Hey Spider, I see you have ckm500's.  How do they compare to the Sonys?

post #45 of 99
I am not the best at comparison but the obvious to me is the mh1c is alot more balanced. The CMs seem to have alot more going on in the high frequencies so mids sound not as prevelant. To me its more of a lush full fun sound not better different. The sonys are clearer, more balanced also isolate better and are much lighter and smaller. I enjoy both in different ways. I would certainly prefer to have 2 pairs of MH1Cs or say a pair of MH1Cs and a pair of JVC HA-400s than 1 pair of CMs for the same price or cheaper.
Edited by Spider fan - 11/5/12 at 6:28pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!!