what does it mean when you guys say "Roll off" ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by System, 11/2/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 11/2/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4r vs Shure SE535 ( L.E. RED ) VS Regular Shure 535 REQ:( best Punchy bass ) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4r vs Shure se535 (Bass only) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Soundmagic E10 as a backup for the Shure SE535 and UE900? Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best custom earpieces. Last post on 4/4/14 at 2:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Shure se535 Bronze vs Ultimate Ears UE900 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The expression stems from the notion of plotting the audio frequency range of a component in the form of a graph.
You place the audio frequency range along the horizontal axis and the output along the vertical in decibels (db's).
Ideally the component should not exhibit a deviation in its output from the lowest to the highest frequencies. When plotted this is said to be a 'flat response' but this does not always occur, particularly with transducers and when you plot this you'll see a 'roll off' where the response ceases to be 'flat'.
In such instances there is therefore less of the particular frequencies being reproduced.
The steepness of the roll-off plays an important role too.
Generally it's is held a flat response from 20hz to 20khz is desirable for HiFI components.
Does that help?
also could be said in terms of extension, ie: highs dont extend to a certain frequency or extend to only a certain frequency but not any higher.
also could be thought of as decay, roll off would mean the decay happens faster not allowing full representation of say a cymbal crash
these are just terms and explanations that come to mind when thinking of the 535. i thought it was really crappy that shure decided to do this with the 535 and not give full extension to the highs. its said higher entension could be had with different nozzle filters. and you might be able to improve the extension of the highs, but that really depends on weather or not you want to fool with the nozzle and fool with the filters.
- Shure se535 Bronze vs Ultimate Ears UE900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 3 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio or New Schiit? 21 seconds ago
- › ie8 with upgraded cable 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › IEM around $200-300 2 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › ELEKIT Vacuum Tube Hybrid Portable Headphone Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Indonesia gold mine for social networking
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3