what does it mean when you guys say "Roll off" ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by System, 11/2/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 11/2/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4r vs Shure SE535 ( L.E. RED ) VS Regular Shure 535 REQ:( best Punchy bass ) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4r vs Shure se535 (Bass only) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Soundmagic E10 as a backup for the Shure SE535 and UE900? Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best custom earpieces. Last post on 4/4/14 at 2:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
Shure se535 Bronze vs Ultimate Ears UE900 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The expression stems from the notion of plotting the audio frequency range of a component in the form of a graph.
You place the audio frequency range along the horizontal axis and the output along the vertical in decibels (db's).
Ideally the component should not exhibit a deviation in its output from the lowest to the highest frequencies. When plotted this is said to be a 'flat response' but this does not always occur, particularly with transducers and when you plot this you'll see a 'roll off' where the response ceases to be 'flat'.
In such instances there is therefore less of the particular frequencies being reproduced.
The steepness of the roll-off plays an important role too.
Generally it's is held a flat response from 20hz to 20khz is desirable for HiFI components.
Does that help?
also could be said in terms of extension, ie: highs dont extend to a certain frequency or extend to only a certain frequency but not any higher.
also could be thought of as decay, roll off would mean the decay happens faster not allowing full representation of say a cymbal crash
these are just terms and explanations that come to mind when thinking of the 535. i thought it was really crappy that shure decided to do this with the 535 and not give full extension to the highs. its said higher entension could be had with different nozzle filters. and you might be able to improve the extension of the highs, but that really depends on weather or not you want to fool with the nozzle and fool with the filters.
- Shure se535 Bronze vs Ultimate Ears UE900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 11 seconds ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 44 seconds ago
- › Help on choosing an IEM 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 Tokyo Fujiya Avic Spring Headphone Festival Report 2 minutes ago
- › Ditch the Essence STX and get a Xonar DG? 3 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3