what does it mean when you guys say "Roll off" ?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by System, 11/2/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 11/2/12
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4r vs Shure SE535 ( L.E. RED ) VS Regular Shure 535 REQ:( best Punchy bass ) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4r vs Shure se535 (Bass only) Last post on 11/28/12 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Soundmagic E10 as a backup for the Shure SE535 and UE900? Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:49pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best custom earpieces. Last post on 4/4/14 at 2:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 4/13/15
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
Hello, I owned a J3 32GB player for 2 or three years, so I got to know all it's advantages and disadvantages. The good This thing has much more output power than most non-audiophile...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Shure se535 Bronze vs Ultimate Ears UE900 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The expression stems from the notion of plotting the audio frequency range of a component in the form of a graph.
You place the audio frequency range along the horizontal axis and the output along the vertical in decibels (db's).
Ideally the component should not exhibit a deviation in its output from the lowest to the highest frequencies. When plotted this is said to be a 'flat response' but this does not always occur, particularly with transducers and when you plot this you'll see a 'roll off' where the response ceases to be 'flat'.
In such instances there is therefore less of the particular frequencies being reproduced.
The steepness of the roll-off plays an important role too.
Generally it's is held a flat response from 20hz to 20khz is desirable for HiFI components.
Does that help?
also could be said in terms of extension, ie: highs dont extend to a certain frequency or extend to only a certain frequency but not any higher.
also could be thought of as decay, roll off would mean the decay happens faster not allowing full representation of say a cymbal crash
these are just terms and explanations that come to mind when thinking of the 535. i thought it was really crappy that shure decided to do this with the 535 and not give full extension to the highs. its said higher entension could be had with different nozzle filters. and you might be able to improve the extension of the highs, but that really depends on weather or not you want to fool with the nozzle and fool with the filters.
- Shure se535 Bronze vs Ultimate Ears UE900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 1 minute ago
- › Star Wars Battlefront 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2