or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post) - Page 44

post #646 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirmalanow View Post


Thanks, I have tried orthos in the past (LCD2 and HE400) and found they were too heavy to be comfortable for me. Sounds like these are in the same ball park when it comes to weight.

I owned both the LCD2 and HE400. The Paradox feels lighter and more comfortable than both of them.
post #647 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by zowki View Post


I owned both the LCD2 and HE400. The Paradox feels lighter and more comfortable than both of them.

+1

I owned HE-500 and Paradox is WAY lighter than HiFiMan

post #648 of 744
post #649 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentinHogea View Post

You guys might want to check this thread:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/679643/referencesounds-lffs-moded-he-5-code-x-appreciation-thread

 

:)

Oh my... by HE-5...do you mean the discontinued(?) planar from Hifiman?

post #650 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentinHogea View Post

You guys might want to check this thread:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/679643/referencesounds-lffs-moded-he-5-code-x-appreciation-thread

 

:)

Oh my... by HE-5...do you mean the discontinued(?) planar from Hifiman?

Yes.

post #651 of 744

How does LFF plan on modding more of them if they're discontinued?

post #652 of 744

He must bought them all :).

Well, LFF said that it is a limited edition.

post #653 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post

How does LFF plan on modding more of them if they're discontinued?

If you look on Reference Sounds, he can perform the mod on other headphones in the series, including HE400, HE500, HE6. I can't tell you whether there are significant differences between each model, you'd have to ask LFF himself. 

post #654 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_One411 View Post

If you look on Reference Sounds, he can perform the mod on other headphones in the series, including HE400, HE500, HE6. I can't tell you whether there are significant differences between each model, you'd have to ask LFF himself. 

Do you know if anyone has actually done that apart from the guy with the HE-5?

post #655 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post

Do you know if anyone has actually done that apart from the guy with the HE-5?

Sorry, I don't know if anyone else has asked LFF to mod their Hifiman. Most of the people, including me redface.gif, contact him for Paradox headphones.

 

You should shoot him a PM if you're interested. He's a great guy to talk to, and he'll definitely be the one to answer your questions.

post #656 of 744

OK thanks!

post #657 of 744
Only HE-5 works for sound modding. The rest of them

HE-4/400
HE-5LE/500
HE-6

Only aesthetic/comfort-mods...
post #658 of 744

that sucks. why would they only mod the HE-5?

post #659 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post

that sucks. why would they only mod the HE-5?

Because it's one of the few diaphragms in commercial headphones that can be modified to give a fantastic result.

 

One other being the Fostex T50RP.

 

If it would have been possible with HE500, HE-6, LCD-2 etc you can be sure that they would have done it.

 

(Trust me I asked... several times)

post #660 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentinHogea View Post

Because it's one of the few diaphragms in commercial headphones that can be modified to give a fantastic result.

 

One other being the Fostex T50RP.

 

If it would have been possible with HE500, HE-6, LCD-2 etc you can be sure that they would have done it.

 

(Trust me I asked... several times)

Thanks for answering my question. Did you post your impressions about the modded HE-5s yet?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)