Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post) - Page 42

post #616 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Well there aren't many possibilities to guess from. It is probably planar magnetic, and the stock unit is probably well under $700 in costs. That leaves T50RP and HE400, pretty much.


Since they are called "paradox slants" and cost only about $50 more than the custom "paradox" (which is a t50rp), my guess is that it is essentially the same thing as the classic paradox but with earpads and/or modifications to give the drivers the angle to mimic a two speaker stereo system for improved imaging.

post #617 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab initio View Post


Since they are called "paradox slants" and cost only about $50 more than the custom "paradox" (which is a t50rp), my guess is that it is essentially the same thing as the classic paradox but with earpads and/or modifications to give the drivers the angle to mimic a two speaker stereo system for improved imaging.

Ah you are right, I missed that it is identical to the customized Paradox in specifications. Yeah it's most likely a Paradox with damping scheme and pads that tilt the drivers then.

post #618 of 744

I hope I didn't accidentally ruin any big surprises cool.gif

 

How expensive and what size are the LCD2 pads that have the slant? Would the paradox innards have to be modded differently from the traditional paradox to get the same flat freq response if the pads are changed?

 

Cheers!

post #619 of 744

Here's hoping I see a few original Paradoxes in the F/S thread here as soon as the new Slants launch... evil_smiley.gif

post #620 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post

Here's hoping I see a few original Paradoxes in the F/S thread here as soon as the new Slants launch... evil_smiley.gif

Are you going to buy one? 

post #621 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Are you going to buy one? 


Oh no wolftan44 eek.gif Are you going to defect?

 

wink.gif

 

Cheers!

post #622 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab initio View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Are you going to buy one? 


Oh no wolftan44 eek.gif Are you going to defect?

 

wink.gif

 

Cheers!

Nah.

post #623 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab initio View Post

I hope I didn't accidentally ruin any big surprises cool.gif

How expensive and what size are the LCD2 pads that have the slant? Would the paradox innards have to be modded differently from the traditional paradox to get the same flat freq response if the pads are changed?

Cheers!

You just ruined Christmas...
post #624 of 744

Would any of these fit on a T50RP?
 

post #625 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Are you going to buy one? 

 

Definitely considering it. Made a couple of offers to people over the last few months, but they were always already sold. Why, you know where to find a good deal on a pair? wink.gif

post #626 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

Are you going to buy one? 

 

Definitely considering it. Made a couple of offers to people over the last few months, but they were always already sold. Why, you know where to find a good deal on a pair? wink.gif

Nah, was just wondering.beerchug.gif

post #627 of 744

My understanding is that the custom paint on the headphones is the same as automotive paint. Does that mean I should use car wax on the headphone to keep them shiny looking?

 

Cheers
 

post #628 of 744
Any news of the new Paradox Slant yet? I sold my original Paradox in anticipation that it will sound a lot better.
post #629 of 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by zowki View Post

Any news of the new Paradox Slant yet? I sold my original Paradox in anticipation that it will sound a lot better.

According to my partner, the modified cups will be on their way over sometime next week. 

 

Then I can begin the final modding/building process. 

 

My other new ortho will be available soon too on a limited basis. 

 

 

 

Also, I would like to extend a formal Thank You to all of those who reviewed the Paradox on this un-authorized tour by Flysweep. 

 

He believed these were worthy to be shared with people and he did so out of his own good will and love for the community. THANKS FLYSWEEP! 

 

Also, a big thank you to all of you for taking care of his Paradox Headphones. They are now in my custody and don't need ANY repairs after having traveled hundreds of miles and been through several environments!

post #630 of 744
What changes to sound should be expect?smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)