Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post) - Page 5

post #61 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPFG View Post

Okay, now I'm really intrigued. For those of you comparing the Paradox and Lambda series:

 

-What about comfort? If there's one thing I really like about a vintage Lambda, it's the very light clamping force. Could wear them for hours on end because of that...but I still haven't tried a stock T50RP, let alone the Paradox. (Yet.)

 

-How about soundstage and imaging? I know that's a Lambda series strong suit, but I don't know if the Paradox can compare there just because of the T50RP housing it's still using, which doesn't seem too open. (I just want it to be spacious and "3D" enough to bring out the cues with CMSS-3D Headphone, Dolby Headphone, etc. so that it feels like I'm there.)

 

-Have any of you had experience with the Normal bias SR-Lambda in addition to the Lambda Pro when making your Paradox comparisons? The latter's said to have more bass and treble extension, but a really recessed midrange, and I wouldn't like it if it's anything like the SR-202 where the vocals suddenly start taking a back seat.

I disagree about the imaging.  I never found the Lambda to have great imaging for an open headphone.  It was weird, it was like each instrument was a very wide pinpoint.  Kind of hard to describe, but each instrument was too diffuse to really call it a strong suit.  It also had a very wide soundstage, but the depth had a lot to be desired.  Sennheiser's audiophile range excels at depth, so that probably doesn't help.

post #62 of 732

I have found that the Paradox sound a little weak on the bottom end until they are turned up a bit. 

On the 02 Amp I have, I listen to the paradox at 60%-70% volume with the gain activated.

Do not be scared to turn them up, you wont hurt anything!

I will give my full impressions on the Paradox some day. Until then, I will say... I LOVE the paradox.


Edited by pwnm30rdi3 - 11/5/12 at 6:03pm
post #63 of 732

Linux, perhaps you could comment on what pwnm30rdi3 said?

 

Also, just ordered a Paradox, kinda psyched and looking to see the impressions of others!
 

post #64 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrewwye View Post

Linux, perhaps you could comment on what pwnm30rdi3 said?

 

Also, just ordered a Paradox, kinda psyched and looking to see the impressions of others!
 

Everything's OK with the bass, I listened to Infected Mushroom, Pendulum, etc. just to be sure - all sounded great, definitely NOT lacking bass. All "problems" with the bass are connected to overall bright and airy sound of these headphones, especially when compared to LCDs, HE-500 etc.

post #65 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilio View Post

Everything's OK with the bass, I listened to Infected Mushroom, Pendulum, etc. just to be sure - all sounded great, definitely NOT lacking bass. All "problems" with the bass are connected to overall bright and airy sound of these headphones, especially when compared to LCDs, HE-500 etc.


Note: This will probably sound noobish, so don't shoot me

 

Coming from the SRH940, I only wonder if these will sound bright (SRH940s aren't overly bright to me though).  Though the stock T50RP's mids has seduced me to be VERY interested in orthos.  I just hope my current DACport can drive these although I know it isn't ideal.

 

How is the Schiit stack working out though Remilio?

post #66 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrewwye View Post


Note: This will probably sound noobish, so don't shoot me

 

Coming from the SRH940, I only wonder if these will sound bright (SRH940s aren't overly bright to me though).  Though the stock T50RP's mids has seduced me to be VERY interested in orthos.  I just hope my current DACport can drive these although I know it isn't ideal.

 

How is the Schiit stack working out though Remilio?

Sorry, I can't say anything about Shures or stock T50RP's, because I didn't listen them. I think schiit stack is ok, but I'm pretty sure that my future Anedio D2 will be BIG improvement over it (damn russian post - too slow :(( )

post #67 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilio View Post

Everything's OK with the bass, I listened to Infected Mushroom, Pendulum, etc. just to be sure - all sounded great, definitely NOT lacking bass. All "problems" with the bass are connected to overall bright and airy sound of these headphones, especially when compared to LCDs, HE-500 etc.

 

Disagree. Totally disagree that they don't lack bass. They lack both extension and impact in my opinion, the extension being the more troubling of the two. You shouldn't have to strain to hear the low end of your music, and you shouldn't have to turn it up louder than you'd like to listen.

*edit*

LOLOLOLOL. I hate myself. Basically, the paradox has plenty of bass extension, and impact when the song calls for it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrewwye View Post

Linux, perhaps you could comment on what pwnm30rdi3 said?

 

Also, just ordered a Paradox, kinda psyched and looking to see the impressions of others!
 

linux listens to his headphones -cranked-, at least in comparison to how I listen to them. In fact, that could be why he gave them a better review.

*edit*

linux still listens to his headphones cranked :D But, I do find myself feeling comfortable turning up the paradox...


Edited by chrislangley4253 - 11/9/12 at 1:55pm
post #68 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislangley4253 View Post

 

Disagree. Totally disagree that they don't lack bass. They lack both extension and impact in my opinion, the extension being the more troubling of the two. You shouldn't have to strain to hear the low end of your music, and you shouldn't have to turn it up louder than you'd like to listen.

 

linux listens to his headphones -cranked-, at least in comparison to how I listen to them. In fact, that could be why he gave them a better review.

I'm not trying to convince anybody - I say what I hear (just as you do ;) ). I agree that there could be more impact and amount of bass, but that's IMHO a matter of preference, but extension... What's wrong with the extension? I don't strain to hear the lowest bass and I listen at the same volume as I always do. If there's a big amount of high freq. in the track - yes, there will be no badaboom bass, but it will be there and there's no problem for me to hear it in the mix. Can you please type the names of some tracks you listened through paradox, and where you experienced lack of bass? I'm just curious...

post #69 of 732

The volume at which you listen will make A LOT of difference for the amount of bass you perceive. 

Look up Fletcher Munson curve. A simple explanation can be found here for instance.

post #70 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilio View Post

I'm not trying to convince anybody - I say what I hear (just as you do ;) ). I agree that there could be more impact and amount of bass, but that's IMHO a matter of preference, but extension... What's wrong with the extension? I don't strain to hear the lowest bass and I listen at the same volume as I always do. If there's a big amount of high freq. in the track - yes, there will be no badaboom bass, but it will be there and there's no problem for me to hear it in the mix. Can you please type the names of some tracks you listened through paradox, and where you experienced lack of bass? I'm just curious...

*shrugs* 

when I get the paradox back, I'll try running some test tones, like LFF does.

post #71 of 732

LFF, you always have great test tracks.  Which tracks in particular do you test for the lowest bass notes with plenty of information in the 16hz range? 

post #72 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

LFF, you always have great test tracks.  Which tracks in particular do you test for the lowest bass notes with plenty of information in the 16hz range? 


I actually use a recording of a car engine and a recording of a thunderstorm. Both have bass that goes down to 1Hz.

 

For music, it's harder.

 

In general, if you are looking for bass in the 16-18Hz region, a pipe organ recording would be the best best. Unfortunately, many pipe organ recordings aren't mastered as well as they should and get a lot of the sub bass removed.

 

I would recommend this one, even though it's getting harder and harder to find (AND it's in true binaural sound!!):

 

Joyce Jones - At the Organ of Cadet Chapel, West Point.

post #73 of 732

Any particular reason for acoustic recordings over electronic ones for low bass, since electronic bass can be generated as low as the creator intended?  The thunderstorm recording sounds sweet.

post #74 of 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

Any particular reason for acoustic recordings over electronic ones for low bass, since electronic bass can be generated as low as the creator intended?  The thunderstorm recording sounds sweet.


No reason. It's just the type of music I usually listen to.

 

The argument you make for electronic music is a compelling one. However, rarely do electronic artists take advantage of the full spectrum. Infected Mushroom creates their drum beats precisely at 50Hz and that's usually the lowest note you'll get on their songs. I have heard some use some cool sweeps but the sweeps are fast and only go down to 20Hz and the 20Hz part if very, very brief.

post #75 of 732

LFF,

 

What amps do you use for your testing?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)