or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post) - Page 30

post #436 of 750

By any chance, has anyone been able to compare these to the Sony MDR-7250 or MDR-Z1000 headphones? They are both closed and have a strong studio background, so I'm just curious about how they might compare and contrast. Thanks in advance to anyone with comments!!

post #437 of 750

subbed and interested and to theogenes, i have the z1000, just dont have the paradox, m13 should have both z1000 and 7520 if i remember right, and if hes indeed buying the paradox then you can ask him for comparison

post #438 of 750
Awesome, thanks for the heads-up man!
post #439 of 750

no problem, even im interested to see his comparison, it will be easier for me to imagine how the paradox sounds if he compares to the z1000 because i already have the z1000 wink.gif

post #440 of 750

i find the soundstage of the z1000 kinda funneled when i had it...how do u find yours? 

post #441 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

i find the soundstage of the z1000 kinda funneled when i had it...how do u find yours? 

 

 

 

i havent used it for a while and just use crappy internal laptop speakers since my dx100 had to be sent back but now i just got it back. what i remember was it sounds more closed in than my dt990 though im not really a soundstage guy

post #442 of 750

I already mentioned how wonderful the Paradox sounds driven by the 30 watt/channel TBI Millenia amplifier, via the interface resistor box that Jan at TBI came up with. I am now using an external 12 volt battery supply which Jan recommended. This lowers the overall output of the amp somewhat, but that is not an issue for the Paradox. This takes the Paradox up at least another notch in terms of effortless transparency. 

post #443 of 750

Interesting! May I ask what power supply you're referring to? 

post #444 of 750
post #445 of 750

Awesome, thanks man!!

post #446 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG52 View Post

I already mentioned how wonderful the Paradox sounds driven by the 30 watt/channel TBI Millenia amplifier, via the interface resistor box that Jan at TBI came up with. I am now using an external 12 volt battery supply which Jan recommended. This lowers the overall output of the amp somewhat, but that is not an issue for the Paradox. This takes the Paradox up at least another notch in terms of effortless transparency. 

Thanks for the information. I am still trying to get clean sound out of the Millenia to my headphones with no luck. Using the resistor adapter that Jan recommended I get constant clear noise out of my Fostex T20.

About the 12V battery supply that Jan recommended you, what would be the difference with the internal battery supply which should be around those 12V? I thought that it would only make sense to go for an external battery supply if it had 24V to get all the power that the Millenia can get.
post #447 of 750

In all honesty, I have not gone back and forth between the internal batteries and the 12 volt external battery supply with critical A/Bing. Once I realized I preferred the amp driven by battery power over ac, I decided to go the external battery route. In the longer run, I don't need to be concerned about the batteries losing power over time, nor the cost of replacement ($14 at least per replacement). The external 12 volt battery is easy to recharge. But apart from that, the internal batteries (as long as they are the better, albeit costlier lithium batteries) should work fine.

 

Sorry you are not having such good luck with your headphones via the Millenia. Maybe, as with other situations, it's somewhat headphone dependent. The resistor network Jan came up with for me was with my particular headphones in mind (Paradox). I assume you have contacted Jan. He has always been very helpful to me.

post #448 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG52 View Post

In all honesty, I have not gone back and forth between the internal batteries and the 12 volt external battery supply with critical A/Bing. Once I realized I preferred the amp driven by battery power over ac, I decided to go the external battery route. In the longer run, I don't need to be concerned about the batteries losing power over time, nor the cost of replacement ($14 at least per replacement). The external 12 volt battery is easy to recharge. But apart from that, the internal batteries (as long as they are the better, albeit costlier lithium batteries) should work fine.

 

Fair enough.

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG52 View Post

Sorry you are not having such good luck with your headphones via the Millenia. Maybe, as with other situations, it's somewhat headphone dependent. The resistor network Jan came up with for me was with my particular headphones in mind (Paradox). I assume you have contacted Jan. He has always been very helpful to me.

 

 

It is Ok, I still have high hopes. I should get a pair of Paradox and HE-6 soon enough and these are the headphones that I want to make really work with the Millenia. Still I thought that the Fostex T20 would behave similar to the Paradox.... 
 
Anyway, like you said, Jan has always been really nice and helpful at all times and I just did not want to bother him more until I get my new headphones.
 
Cheers
post #449 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorcc View Post
I should get a pair of Paradox and HE-6 soon enough and these are the headphones that I want to make really work with the Millenia.

Don't forget to compare HE-6 and Paradox and write about the sound biggrin.gif Personally I preferred Paradox to HE-6's little brother - HE-500 wink_face.gif

post #450 of 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilio View Post

Don't forget to compare HE-6 and Paradox and write about the sound biggrin.gif Personally I preferred Paradox to HE-6's little brother - HE-500 wink_face.gif

 

I will do it as soon as I can!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)