Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Anyone from the Philippines here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone from the Philippines here? - Page 24

post #346 of 360

I want to go but I don't know what to expect. Is the event relatively noob-friendly? haha

I only have one friend who is into this kind of stuff but he's not available this weekend, so most likely I'd be coming alone.

post #347 of 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudm View Post
 

I want to go but I don't know what to expect. Is the event relatively noob-friendly? haha

I only have one friend who is into this kind of stuff but he's not available this weekend, so most likely I'd be coming alone.

 

Just be polite and don't just touch anything, and if the doors are closed assume it's either jam-packed or someone looking to actually purchase something is listening.

post #348 of 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudm View Post
 

I want to go but I don't know what to expect. Is the event relatively noob-friendly? haha

I only have one friend who is into this kind of stuff but he's not available this weekend, so most likely I'd be coming alone.

 

It can be pretty intimidating at first but once you get to know a few guys it'll be fine. Come by the egghead booth/room! Look for us and we'll help you out :)

post #349 of 360

Wow...the meet is only 2-3 hours away from here (Batangas). Sadly, I can't get to go...

post #350 of 360
Ended up listening to $120,000 speakers at the show. Beautiful!
post #351 of 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudm View Post
 

Magandang araw sa lahat! New member here.

 

I'm currently modding my headphones, Shure SRH440. Anyone knows where to buy cables and connectors for DIY-ing? I'm not keen on buying absurdly expensive pre-made cables. Kailangan ko lang ng matinong cable--quality cable (shielded), at matino yung termination.

 

For the connectors, I'm looking for a straight (not L-shaped) 3.5mm TRS connector and a straight 2.5mm TRS connector. May 3.5mm TRS connector sa Audiophile (Neutrik NTP3RC) pero L-shaped kasi ito. Wala pa akong nahahanap na matinong 2.5mm connector.

 

For the cable, preferably yung pwedeng i-braid (para mas cool tignan, hehe), pero okay lang din kung may jacket basta 3-conductor (or 4) cable siya.

 

Maraming salamat! :atsmile: 

 

Bro try mo sa Makati Cinema Square sa what hi fi alam ko meron sila cable dun

post #352 of 360

Hope you guys from PI are alright. That Hagupit typhoon is nasty.

post #353 of 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuwhere View Post
 

Hope you guys from PI are alright. That Hagupit typhoon is nasty.

 

Yeah this damn thing is kind of psychotic, like it purposely slowed down so it can enjoy it. Incidentally, I was watching 300 on HBO last night, and I couldn't help but hear one of the lines as, "this will not be over quickly, you will not enjoy this; I am not your weather system."

I'm just hoping the generators in the central islands don't get damaged; we just got new ones from Croatia last year, express delivered by an Antonov to boot.

post #354 of 360

anyone here insterested to buy my new UE 900s limited stocks only very rush price..? msg me for more info.. or reply to this thread..

post #355 of 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirovskie View Post
 

anyone here insterested to buy my new UE 900s limited stocks only very rush price..? msg me for more info.. or reply to this thread..

 

Bro..when I said check this thread, I meant "ask here where else you might post your items for sale," not post the ad here. 

post #356 of 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post
 

 

Bro..when I said check this thread, I meant "ask here where else you might post your items for sale," not post the ad here. 

owh okay sorry about that.. i was looking forward on how to post on the selling section it seems like since i am a new member it needs more posts i think.. thanks anyway.. 

post #357 of 360

I'm Filipino but totally US born. I don't understand our language and only been to Philippines once. I still listen to OPM though. X)

post #358 of 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjisleeps View Post
 

I'm Filipino but totally US born. I don't understand our language and only been to Philippines once. I still listen to OPM though. X)

 

Do you listen to Wolfgang and Greyhoundz? No need for translations for most of the songs - 75% (guesstimate) of their songs are in English. 

post #359 of 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtegeManiac View Post
 

 

Do you listen to Wolfgang and Greyhoundz? No need for translations for most of the songs - 75% (guesstimate) of their songs are in English. 

I've heard of Greyhoundz but didn't listen to them. I usually listen to Gloc 9, parokya ni edgar, mymp, and Southborder. But as of right now the people I'm listening to today are Christian Bautista, Jose Mari Chan, and the Forevermore song by Side A.

post #360 of 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjisleeps View Post
 

I've heard of Greyhoundz but didn't listen to them. I usually listen to Gloc 9, parokya ni edgar, mymp, and Southborder. But as of right now the people I'm listening to today are Christian Bautista, Jose Mari Chan, and the Forevermore song by Side A.

 

Oh I thought you listened to harder music - I missed out on the Iron Maidens (the all-female cover band, not the British guys) in Long Beach two years ago when I drove up California but when I got to San Francisco my friends surprised me with a Greyhoudz concert.

 

Also here's one of Wolfgang's Tagalog songs, one of my favorites actually. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYvFpI_T8EM

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Anyone from the Philippines here?