New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earmolds or reshell ?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Hi 

 

I really like my westone 4 but i would like they would be more confortable and with a permanent good fit

 

so i would like to know what will be the better solution between a reshelling and some earmolds.

 

the earmolds can give me a possibility to change my IEM not the reshelling

 

Can i have some problems with earmolds and what can they are ?

 

thanks for your opinion 

post #2 of 9

Because comfort is a concern I think having your Westone 4 reshelled into a custom in ear mold is going to be your best solution.  You can read more about that process here:

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/canjam-rmaf-2012-1964-ears-custom-iems-and-remolding-service

 

Depending upon where you live the costs for the remolding ( Audiologist ) and reshelling ( 1964 Ears ) will be around $300.

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Thanks for your answer

There is a big price difference between the two so i Would Like to Know what kind of pb can happen with earmolds ?
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Blur View Post

Because comfort is a concern I think having your Westone 4 reshelled into a custom in ear mold is going to be your best solution.  You can read more about that process here:

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/canjam-rmaf-2012-1964-ears-custom-iems-and-remolding-service

 

Depending upon where you live the costs for the remolding ( Audiologist ) and reshelling ( 1964 Ears ) will be around $300.

 

300?! Jebus re-shelling is that expensive nowadays? I got my UM re-shelled for less than $150 4 years ago

post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
With unique melody the price is 160 USD but you have to pay Also for a cable and the audiologist too

With earmolds the price Will be about 110 USD + audiologist ( earsonics by exemple)
post #6 of 9
Hi guys, I recently purchased a pair if Sony xba-3, I felt that the stock tips fit ok. Is it really worth the $140 bucks(I called an audiologist in Toronto) to make custom tips?
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ay416 View Post

Hi guys, I recently purchased a pair if Sony xba-3, I felt that the stock tips fit ok. Is it really worth the $140 bucks(I called an audiologist in Toronto) to make custom tips?

 

If I were going to pay that much, I would think it's much more cost effective to get a full re-shell. That way, you get an almost perfect fit of a CIEM, increased durability, and a socket now for replaceable cables. Not to mention they looks awesome now. But with that said, that's going to cost you a bit more, but if you're planning on spending $140+ for TIPS only, why not go the full deal?

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by planx View Post

If I were going to pay that much, I would think it's much more cost effective to get a full re-shell. That way, you get an almost perfect fit of a CIEM, increased durability, and a socket now for replaceable cables. Not to mention they looks awesome now. But with that said, that's going to cost you a bit more, but if you're planning on spending $140+ for TIPS only, why not go the full deal?

http://www.heartoronto.ca/custom_sleeves.aspx

This is the only site in my area that does it.
For the $140 Canadian
I get the impression, the custom sleeves and the fitting appointment, with the custom sleeve the cables aren't removable though

In your opinion, should I just ask the audiologist to make the impressions and not hav them make the sleeve and I should just send th impression and iem off to like InEars or something to reshell?
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ay416 View Post


http://www.heartoronto.ca/custom_sleeves.aspx
This is the only site in my area that does it.
For the $140 Canadian
I get the impression, the custom sleeves and the fitting appointment, with the custom sleeve the cables aren't removable though
In your opinion, should I just ask the audiologist to make the impressions and not hav them make the sleeve and I should just send th impression and iem off to like InEars or something to reshell?

 

I would think that is the more "cost" effective solution IMO if I had the money. InEarz is cheap, but if you want really good quality, I suggest Heir or Unique Melody highly. InEarz is pretty much you get what you pay for and Heir and UM are flawless works of art IMO.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: