Hopefully, this is the right place to post such requests.
I'm looking for a pair of on-the-go headphones. I'd consider over-the-ear or in-ear, although the second category usually (from what I've seen) comes with a thin, thin, not-so-sturdy cable. here's what I'm looking for in a pair:
- Awesome, clear, detailed sound. I'm no bass-head, and will prefer details over excessive volume in that area, especially if that would be a trade-of in the mid-range and trebles
- Should be a good overall pair, genre-wise. They're going to go through electronica, rock, pop, jazz, soundtracks, bluegrass, ambiance and about everything else I might encounter
- Relatively low resistance. Should be able to get a decent amount of juice from an iPhone without an amp
- Sturdy. Preferably, with a separable cable - one that you plug into the headphones, not an integral one (as with the Goldring DR150)
- Mobile. Should be at least foldable into an ~A5 notebook-sized messenger bag
- Insulating to some degree. Mainly as a consideration of the people around me
- At the $75-$175 range
So far I've had the pleasure to have a Grado SR-80i, a Goldring DR150 and a Hifiman Re-Zero, all of which I vastly enjoyed. Anything at their level or sound characteristics could be nice, especially of any of the first two.
Thank you very, very much,