- 9,794 Posts. Joined 12/2007
- Location: Barsoom
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandALO Audiotagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandAudezetagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandCavalli Audiotagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandGradotagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 11/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandQ Audiotagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandRay Samuelstagged by System, 11/12/12
- topicShip Globaltagged by System, 11/12/12More
- brandWyred4Soundtagged by System, 11/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Full size cans for Metal? Last post on 9/6/10 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Etymotic 4p vs. Grado SR325 Last post on 9/6/10 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 7/10/14
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
MADE IN THE USA - Any advise - Page 2post #16 of 2910/29/12 at 8:58amGrado (I don't know about IEMs, and iGrado aren't), Koss (not all, but the ESP are, and the higher-up dynamics are (PRO4 and kin)), Woo Audio, CI Audio, PS Audio (afaik universally), Boulder Amps, Aude'z'e, Schiit, Kimber, Cardas (iirc), Wilson, MartinLogan (iirc - headphones likely aren't but idk), McIntosh, MacCormack (iirc), Magnepan, and probably some others that aren't coming to mind (there's probably a ton more speaker companies that I'm not thinking of).
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 2910/29/12 at 9:05ampost #18 of 2910/29/12 at 9:10amAren't most of the higher-up IEMs US made, at least the "traditional" brands? Just thinking about it:
- JH Audio
- Ultimate Ears
Also, isn't Jerry Harvey in one way or another related to most of those too?post #19 of 2910/29/12 at 9:22ampost #20 of 2910/29/12 at 12:50pmThread Starter
Think my post was sent a couple of times..... sorry ALL
Not SPAM..... sincerely looking for advise here.
I may have clicked the post a couple of times because it didnt show first (or even second time) that it posted.....
Only realized it posted more than once when I saw an email.
this is my first posting on the forum and love the response so far..... been keeping me busy with my research..... keep the advise coming.....post #21 of 2911/3/12 at 7:27pmpost #22 of 2911/3/12 at 8:04pm
with a Lavry source to top it off, you'd have an excellent rig indeed!
I actually had a DA11-->GilmoreLiteLE-->LCD-2 rig, and it was the second best headphone system I've ever owned (and I've owned a LOT)post #23 of 2911/3/12 at 10:06pm
The DA11 is a pretty good source for the price range :) I would personally recommend the Wyred4Sound DAC-2 in the low-$1000 range, followed by the PerfectWave DAC II and Berkeley Alpha.
I would recommend in investing in a good amp and pair of headphones before spending too much on a source, though. A used AMB gamma2 is a great place to start, can be found between $150-200 on the marketplace, and has a respectable headphone out.post #24 of 2911/6/12 at 5:02pmpost #25 of 2911/7/12 at 6:37amQuote:
so gilmore lite can drive lcd-2 to its glory ? I have Glite lying around collecting dust, but thats the only dynamic amp i own and not looking to sell it. just want to make good use of itpost #26 of 2911/7/12 at 7:32am
I felt that the LCD-2/GLite combo was a little too dry sounding. One of the trademarks of the LCD-2's is it's "wet" and "thick" sound signature and I felt that the GLite took too much away from that. But then again, some may find that more balanced and less coloured, so YMMV.post #27 of 2911/7/12 at 8:19ampost #28 of 294/1/13 at 12:25ampost #29 of 294/2/13 at 12:57pm
The less expensive PS Audio products, including the GCHA, are/were made in China. So are all their cables.
If it's made in Boulder, like the Perfect Wave Series, they'll mention it in the product description and print "assembled in Boulder" on the back.
If it doesn't say where it's made, PS Audio likely outsourced/imported it.
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 16 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 18 seconds ago
- › NEW! Bose QC25 2014 35 seconds ago
- › Lepai LP-2020A for the ath-esw9's? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Whisky-fi 3 minutes ago
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)