- 9,794 Posts. Joined 12/2007
- Location: Barsoom
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandALO Audiotagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandAudezetagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandCavalli Audiotagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandGradotagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 11/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandQ Audiotagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandRay Samuelstagged by System, 11/12/12
- topicShip Globaltagged by System, 11/12/12More
- brandWyred4Soundtagged by System, 11/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Grado evolving too slowly? Last post on 5/23/13 at 9:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Full size cans for Metal? Last post on 9/6/10 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Etymotic 4p vs. Grado SR325 Last post on 9/6/10 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/26/13
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
MADE IN THE USA - Any advise - Page 2post #16 of 2910/29/12 at 8:58amGrado (I don't know about IEMs, and iGrado aren't), Koss (not all, but the ESP are, and the higher-up dynamics are (PRO4 and kin)), Woo Audio, CI Audio, PS Audio (afaik universally), Boulder Amps, Aude'z'e, Schiit, Kimber, Cardas (iirc), Wilson, MartinLogan (iirc - headphones likely aren't but idk), McIntosh, MacCormack (iirc), Magnepan, and probably some others that aren't coming to mind (there's probably a ton more speaker companies that I'm not thinking of).
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 2910/29/12 at 9:05ampost #18 of 2910/29/12 at 9:10amAren't most of the higher-up IEMs US made, at least the "traditional" brands? Just thinking about it:
- JH Audio
- Ultimate Ears
Also, isn't Jerry Harvey in one way or another related to most of those too?post #19 of 2910/29/12 at 9:22ampost #20 of 2910/29/12 at 12:50pmThread Starter
Think my post was sent a couple of times..... sorry ALL
Not SPAM..... sincerely looking for advise here.
I may have clicked the post a couple of times because it didnt show first (or even second time) that it posted.....
Only realized it posted more than once when I saw an email.
this is my first posting on the forum and love the response so far..... been keeping me busy with my research..... keep the advise coming.....post #21 of 2911/3/12 at 7:27pmpost #22 of 2911/3/12 at 8:04pm
with a Lavry source to top it off, you'd have an excellent rig indeed!
I actually had a DA11-->GilmoreLiteLE-->LCD-2 rig, and it was the second best headphone system I've ever owned (and I've owned a LOT)post #23 of 2911/3/12 at 10:06pm
The DA11 is a pretty good source for the price range :) I would personally recommend the Wyred4Sound DAC-2 in the low-$1000 range, followed by the PerfectWave DAC II and Berkeley Alpha.
I would recommend in investing in a good amp and pair of headphones before spending too much on a source, though. A used AMB gamma2 is a great place to start, can be found between $150-200 on the marketplace, and has a respectable headphone out.post #24 of 2911/6/12 at 5:02pmpost #25 of 2911/7/12 at 6:37amQuote:
so gilmore lite can drive lcd-2 to its glory ? I have Glite lying around collecting dust, but thats the only dynamic amp i own and not looking to sell it. just want to make good use of itpost #26 of 2911/7/12 at 7:32am
I felt that the LCD-2/GLite combo was a little too dry sounding. One of the trademarks of the LCD-2's is it's "wet" and "thick" sound signature and I felt that the GLite took too much away from that. But then again, some may find that more balanced and less coloured, so YMMV.post #27 of 2911/7/12 at 8:19ampost #28 of 294/1/13 at 12:25ampost #29 of 294/2/13 at 12:57pm
The less expensive PS Audio products, including the GCHA, are/were made in China. So are all their cables.
If it's made in Boulder, like the Perfect Wave Series, they'll mention it in the product description and print "assembled in Boulder" on the back.
If it doesn't say where it's made, PS Audio likely outsourced/imported it.
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Ocharaku Flat - 4 : Sui earphone 6 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › [Multi-Review] Hifiman HM901, Fiio X5, Sony ZX1, Hisound Studio 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Neutrality/Fidelity 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD600/650 vs HiFiMan HE400 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 3 minutes ago
- › Need recommendation for in-ears to use with LG G2 phone 3 minutes ago
- › Want To Know Your Opinion About Getting 1000 $ IEM. 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › iFi iDAC DAC / headphone Amplifier by Faber65
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob