- 10,480 Posts. Joined 12/2007
- Location: Barsoom
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandALO Audiotagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandAudezetagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandCavalli Audiotagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandGradotagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandHeadAmptagged by System, 11/12/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandQ Audiotagged by System, 11/12/12
- brandRay Samuelstagged by System, 11/12/12
- topicShip Globaltagged by System, 11/12/12More
- brandWyred4Soundtagged by System, 11/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Full size cans for Metal? Last post on 9/6/10 at 3:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Etymotic 4p vs. Grado SR325 Last post on 9/6/10 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ray Samuels Dark Star vs Cavalli Liquid Gold Last post on 5/8/16 at 1:41am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/30/15
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
MADE IN THE USA - Any advise - Page 2post #16 of 2910/29/12 at 8:58amGrado (I don't know about IEMs, and iGrado aren't), Koss (not all, but the ESP are, and the higher-up dynamics are (PRO4 and kin)), Woo Audio, CI Audio, PS Audio (afaik universally), Boulder Amps, Aude'z'e, Schiit, Kimber, Cardas (iirc), Wilson, MartinLogan (iirc - headphones likely aren't but idk), McIntosh, MacCormack (iirc), Magnepan, and probably some others that aren't coming to mind (there's probably a ton more speaker companies that I'm not thinking of).
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 2910/29/12 at 9:05ampost #18 of 2910/29/12 at 9:10amAren't most of the higher-up IEMs US made, at least the "traditional" brands? Just thinking about it:
- JH Audio
- Ultimate Ears
Also, isn't Jerry Harvey in one way or another related to most of those too?post #19 of 2910/29/12 at 9:22ampost #20 of 2910/29/12 at 12:50pmThread Starter
Think my post was sent a couple of times..... sorry ALL
Not SPAM..... sincerely looking for advise here.
I may have clicked the post a couple of times because it didnt show first (or even second time) that it posted.....
Only realized it posted more than once when I saw an email.
this is my first posting on the forum and love the response so far..... been keeping me busy with my research..... keep the advise coming.....post #21 of 2911/3/12 at 7:27pmpost #22 of 2911/3/12 at 8:04pm
with a Lavry source to top it off, you'd have an excellent rig indeed!
I actually had a DA11-->GilmoreLiteLE-->LCD-2 rig, and it was the second best headphone system I've ever owned (and I've owned a LOT)post #23 of 2911/3/12 at 10:06pm
The DA11 is a pretty good source for the price range :) I would personally recommend the Wyred4Sound DAC-2 in the low-$1000 range, followed by the PerfectWave DAC II and Berkeley Alpha.
I would recommend in investing in a good amp and pair of headphones before spending too much on a source, though. A used AMB gamma2 is a great place to start, can be found between $150-200 on the marketplace, and has a respectable headphone out.post #24 of 2911/6/12 at 5:02pmpost #25 of 2911/7/12 at 6:37amQuote:
so gilmore lite can drive lcd-2 to its glory ? I have Glite lying around collecting dust, but thats the only dynamic amp i own and not looking to sell it. just want to make good use of itpost #26 of 2911/7/12 at 7:32am
I felt that the LCD-2/GLite combo was a little too dry sounding. One of the trademarks of the LCD-2's is it's "wet" and "thick" sound signature and I felt that the GLite took too much away from that. But then again, some may find that more balanced and less coloured, so YMMV.post #27 of 2911/7/12 at 8:19ampost #28 of 294/1/13 at 12:25ampost #29 of 294/2/13 at 12:57pm
The less expensive PS Audio products, including the GCHA, are/were made in China. So are all their cables.
If it's made in Boulder, like the Perfect Wave Series, they'll mention it in the product description and print "assembled in Boulder" on the back.
If it doesn't say where it's made, PS Audio likely outsourced/imported it.
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › New Tube DIY amp pics 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Several Headphones/IEMs to sell/trade - Make an offer 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: RHA MA750 - Flawless Victory! 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 7 minutes ago
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...