Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. - Page 53

post #781 of 1156
Can anyone comment on reshells of these?
post #782 of 1156

Does anyone use an amp with their XBA-30?  Never tried using one with an IEM before and was consdierng a Pico Slim or RSA Shadow.  Does it make a difference?

post #783 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinque View Post

Does anyone use an amp with their XBA-30?  Never tried using one with an IEM before and was consdierng a Pico Slim or RSA Shadow.  Does it make a difference?

I use a FiiO E11 to smoothen the highs a bit. Also works really well if your source has >3 Zout. The E11 has Zout of 1 and it doesn't make the highs peak more on the xba3.
post #784 of 1156

Is it really big difference in sound between 3 and 30? 

I have ordered xba3 and still don't know did I do right or not?

post #785 of 1156

There is a difference in the highs....

The 30's are less sibilant fresh out of the box than the xba-3......

I found them to have a better lower end as well than a xba-3 right out of the box.....

But having said all of this after over a 100 hours of use my xba-3 sounds just like a xba-30 out of the box.....

But no matter which you bought you would be satisfied..........

I have fallen in love with mine......

post #786 of 1156

great.thx

post #787 of 1156

So I'm trying to decide on a mid-priced dual or triple BA type of IEM for extreme metal. For comparison, the best IEM I own both in tone and EQ shape is the Vsonic GR99. A very mild V shape, or balanced tone that extends completely through the subbass so that the bass drum in blast beats sound right is necessary. In comparison, the JVC FX40 is the worst I've ever owned or used because of the excessive V shape kills the guitars and vocals. The Monoprice 8320 and Phillips 3590 I have are not bad.
 

So given this would the XBA-3/30 or XBA-2/20 be good to appreciate screams over blast beats?

post #788 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonh View Post

So I'm trying to decide on a mid-priced dual or triple BA type of IEM for extreme metal. For comparison, the best IEM I own both in tone and EQ shape is the Vsonic GR99. A very mild V shape, or balanced tone that extends completely through the subbass so that the bass drum in blast beats sound right is necessary. In comparison, the JVC FX40 is the worst I've ever owned or used because of the excessive V shape kills the guitars and vocals. The Monoprice 8320 and Phillips 3590 I have are not bad.

 
So given this would the XBA-3/30 or XBA-2/20 be good to appreciate screams over blast beats?
They are reasonably fast, fairly detailed and well extended for the most part. I think they'll work well for you! Though for more sub-bass, I know the Shure SE-535 (I believe is the model) is highly rated, and uses two woofers and a tweeter instead of the woofer, mid and tweeter setup the XBA-3 uses. It depends on your budget really, as well as your preference for flat or slight V
Edited by Zoomer13 - 7/17/13 at 7:35pm
post #789 of 1156

I agree for a better lower end I would get the 535....

post #790 of 1156

I just gotta say,

Been using these iems for a month or so daily for travel.

I use them with the white silicone tips from my s3 galaxy, The stock tips are rubbish imo, all of them.

The sound these produce still leaves my jaw dropped at points, For 75 dollars It's outstanding the detail and clarity I get out of them. Hell I would pay 150 for them.
 

post #791 of 1156

For anybody interested, I have 2 pairs for sale. One new, the other very briefly auditioned. They are good, just not quite as good

as my TF10's.
 

post #792 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by sven993 View Post

For anybody interested, I have 2 pairs for sale. One new, the other very briefly auditioned. They are good, just not quite as good

as my TF10's.
 

Just ordered what i believe to be the last pair from sven993. I cant wait to get them and hear the pure bliss from these! I got rid of my x10's because i hated them! The x10's are one of those headphones where you dont believe the hype. Now the EPH-100sl is totally different story. Im ordering those tomorrow! 

post #793 of 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomer13 View Post


They are reasonably fast, fairly detailed and well extended for the most part. I think they'll work well for you! Though for more sub-bass, I know the Shure SE-535 (I believe is the model) is highly rated, and uses two woofers and a tweeter instead of the woofer, mid and tweeter setup the XBA-3 uses. It depends on your budget really, as well as your preference for flat or slight V

I ended up deciding on the Philips Fidelo S1 over the XBA-3. Hopefully still what I'm looking for.

post #794 of 1156

I love the way these sound.. but they just don't agree with my ear canals comfort wise (don't like the hybrid tips at all).

 

Sucks none of my current comply tips fit them.

 

I'm bout to order the T-200's right now... has anyone had comfort issues with these? Does comply help yall out?

post #795 of 1156

I'm using TSX-200, and they are comfy.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread.