Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. - Page 13

post #181 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post


what the?

whereabouts? North or south island?

 

hmm gonna take a wild guess I say Nanaimo area.

 

Sheesh - you might as well post a google street view shot of my house while you're at it! wink.gif

 

Quote:
I changed my profile as soon as I materialized from Cygnus-a. Gotta keep on top of that stuff.

 

I see that! I think you should change your location to just "Earth" though lol.

post #182 of 1160
devgru send me a pm please. i just bought a pair from Futureshop 2 hours ago, compared them for to my Etymotics for 5 minutes and decided I do not want them. They have the bass I want, but at the expense of the clarity of my Etymotics. Thus i will continue to wait for my 1964 v6s. I was going to return them but if I can hekp a fellow Headfiier out that is better.
post #183 of 1160
Also I forgot to say that I also bought the XBA-1ip and for $39 they are pretty good. Not sure if I'll return them when I pick up the XBA-3. Also bought the JVC FTX90 last month for $80 and they are very good too. tongue.gif. too many IEM'S that I neglect my full size phones.

PS: my new portable rig consists of Samsung S3 > OTG > UD100 DAC > iBasso PB1 > earphones ( XBA-3, FTX-90, eQ5, RE-262 ). biggrin.gif. Very happy with the sound.
Edited by Twinster - 11/10/12 at 7:30pm
post #184 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzkammer View Post

devgru send me a pm please. i just bought a pair from Futureshop 2 hours ago, compared them for to my Etymotics for 5 minutes and decided I do not want them. They have the bass I want, but at the expense of the clarity of my Etymotics. Thus i will continue to wait for my 1964 v6s. I was going to return them but if I can hekp a fellow Headfiier out that is better.

 

Just curious... which Etymotics? Also, did you try wider bore tips on the xba3?

post #185 of 1160
Etymotic HF5s. Also, I only tried the stock tips that come on the XBAs right out of the package. They achieved a good seal for me so I did not see the need to try different tips. Does that make a difference for the mids/treble? cause the bass sounded great
post #186 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzkammer View Post

Etymotic HF5s. Also, I only tried the stock tips that come on the XBAs right out of the package. They achieved a good seal for me so I did not see the need to try different tips. Does that make a difference for the mids/treble? cause the bass sounded great

 

I think that wider bore tips do make a difference. I just did some switching between some of the supplied stock tips and the wider bore tips that I've been using, and to me, the wider bore tips do indeed make the mids and treble have more presence, clarity and transparency (ha - look at this newbie throwing around the jargon lol!).

 

This is dsnuts talking a bit about different tips for the xba3:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633755/xba-3-overlooked-the-appreciation-thread/105#post_8839434

 

Fyi, here is an interesting comparison of the HF3's and the XBA3's by eke2k6:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/631704/double-review-etymotic-hf3-sony-xba-3-with-appearances-from-the-vsonic-gr07-mkii

post #187 of 1160
Think to mod detacable of my XBA 4... Hahahaha...
post #188 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofreakie View Post

Think to mod detacable of my XBA 4... Hahahaha...

Same biggrin.gif
post #189 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzkammer View Post

Etymotic HF5s. Also, I only tried the stock tips that come on the XBAs right out of the package. They achieved a good seal for me so I did not see the need to try different tips. Does that make a difference for the mids/treble? cause the bass sounded great

I will second Waynenumm's post about a wider bore tip. I like the comfort of the Sony tip so initially never tried another tip either but when I switched I haven't gone back.

I also own a pair of HFx IEM's and I don't think you will ever achieve the detail retrieval they have in the upper mids and treble with the XBA3 but you will a lot more than your getting now. I actually prefer the well rounded signature of the XBA3 over the my HF3 for most listening though.
post #190 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzkammer View Post

Etymotic HF5s. Also, I only tried the stock tips that come on the XBAs right out of the package. They achieved a good seal for me so I did not see the need to try different tips. Does that make a difference for the mids/treble? cause the bass sounded great

They usually make the difference as I did that on the cks77s, and the mids that i used to despise were better than stock tips. I used meleecs's tips
post #191 of 1160
I am not at home to.check, but can you guys tell mewhere I can buy these wide-bore tips? Or do they come with XBA3?
post #192 of 1160
If your in the US the Auveo tips at Radio Shack are like a wide bore version of the Sony hybrid tips. If not I am using the tips made by Jays and like them a lot. If you have any other IEM's clicking around see if they are wider bore than the Sony hybrid tips that came with the XBA3 and if so ensure they fit and give them a try.
post #193 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

If your in the US the Auveo tips at Radio Shack are like a wide bore version of the Sony hybrid tips. If not I am using the tips made by Jays and like them a lot. If you have any other IEM's clicking around see if they are wider bore than the Sony hybrid tips that came with the XBA3 and if so ensure they fit and give them a try.
These Auveo tips.
Do they come separate? Or will I have to buy them with the earphones like these?
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16579776&retainProdsInSession=1
post #194 of 1160
These were my first truly expensive set of earphones (S$418, shortly after launch) and my first set of armature earphones. It was illuminating, I love these. I really do.
post #195 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomikn00b View Post


These Auveo tips.
Do they come separate? Or will I have to buy them with the earphones like these?
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=16579776&retainProdsInSession=1

You can buy the tips without the IEM.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread.