Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. - Page 9

post #121 of 1168

Mine arrived today.. Listening to it right now... Very first tune: Bach Violin Concerto No.2, 1st movement by Hilary Hahn.

 

My jaw literally dropped to the floor. I listen to this particular piece almost everyday for last 6 months with following IEMS in the order of playing time: ASG-1(EQd), B2, FXT-90, S500, IE80, HD381F, etc. and I never experience such well rounded soundstaging + clear instrumental separation. ASG-1 comes close with size of soundstage width and depth, B2 has similar treble clarity but I think XBA-3 does everything better.

 

just quick initial impression, but wow this thing sound lot better than $129 I paid for. Dsnuts, I don't hate you anymore bigsmile_face.gif


Edited by tgx78 - 11/6/12 at 4:18pm
post #122 of 1168
Thread Starter 

What I say.wink_face.gif ya and wait till you get a nicer tip on there that opens the sound up even more so than hybrids. Then you will get that out of head sound. People will probably think I am smoking something when I say this but the imagery is so great I can see the performance with my minds eye hovering around me. There is no other way to describe it. I loved the imagery on my FXD80 but these Sonys take that to a whole new outwardly level. It is like going from a 3D tv at your house to a 3D imax screen..The scary thing is it can only get better and better for you too.. I guarantee the more you listen to them the more you will neglect your others.

 

Absolutely the biggest surprise for me this year by far.


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/6/12 at 4:42pm
post #123 of 1168

Holy smokes. As mentioned earlier, I'm using the R1's double flanged tips because they open up the sound much more than the tips that came with the xba3. But, I don't think that I had really achieved a deep enough insertion or a good enough seal before, because I just pushed them in a bit farther than usual, and whoa, what a beautiful, engaging sound. I didn't think these xba3's could be taken to another level, but indeed they are there now. Wow.

 

I also want to do a shout-out to dannybai who is hooking me up with some spare auvio tips that he has. Quite the guy! Those will be very handy, because I'll probably be returning the R1's (and therefore the tips I'm currently using). Thanks Danny!

post #124 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

Holy smokes. As mentioned earlier, I'm using the R1's double flanged tips because they open up the sound much more than the tips that came with the xba3. But, I don't think that I had really achieved a deep enough insertion or a good enough seal before, because I just pushed them in a bit farther than usual, and whoa, what a beautiful, engaging sound. I didn't think these xba3's could be taken to another level, but indeed they are there now. Wow.

 

I also want to do a shout-out to dannybai who is hooking me up with some spare auvio tips that he has. Quite the guy! Those will be very handy, because I'll probably be returning the R1's (and therefore the tips I'm currently using). Thanks Danny!

It's my pleasure sir.  

By the way, it was posted yesterday!!

Happy listening Wayne.  

post #125 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

What I say.wink_face.gif ya and wait till you get a nicer tip on there that opens the sound up even more so than hybrids. Then you will get that out of head sound. People will probably think I am smoking something when I say this but the imagery is so great I can see the performance with my minds eye hovering around me. There is no other way to describe it. I loved the imagery on my FXD80 but these Sonys take that to a whole new outwardly level. It is like going from a 3D tv at your house to a 3D imax screen..The scary thing is it can only get better and better for you too.. I guarantee the more you listen to them the more you will neglect your others.

 

Absolutely the biggest surprise for me this year by far.

 

I know what you're talking about Ds. The XBA-4 are the best IEMs I've heard when it comes to separation and imaging. Seems like the XBA-3 are the same.

post #126 of 1168

Can these be worn over the ear ? If so, does it affect comfort or sound quality in anyway ?

post #127 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by aras View Post

Can these be worn over the ear ? If so, does it affect comfort or sound quality in anyway ?

 

Yes you can, however strain relief is quite long and stiff, meaning cord doesn't stay around your ear for long time..

somehow I get better seal when I wear it over the ears though.

post #128 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by aras View Post

Can these be worn over the ear ? If so, does it affect comfort or sound quality in anyway ?

 

I personally haven't had much luck wearing them over the ears - the cable keep slipping off around my ears. But I am actually quite happy with them down - they fit in my ears very well and stay in very nicely. I did though have to snag a clip from my other iem's and clip the cable (just below where the two sides are connected) to my shirt (without the clip, there was too much tugging going on out of my left ear). They really should have supplied a clip with the xba3's I think.


Edited by waynes world - 11/7/12 at 3:38pm
post #129 of 1168
X2 on the clip, also stole one from another IEM for the same reason.
post #130 of 1168

Btw dsnuts, thanks for persuading me to get the xba3's. I didn't want to spend what I considered to be so much money on iem's (especially after spontaneously buying 3 other pairs of iems lol!), but they are obviously awesome, and I'm pretty sure that they will stop you from persuading me from getting anything else - at least for a while! I don't even care if you and Currawong go ape-poop nuts over the new jvc's - I am so satisfied with the xba3's that I'm sure that I will be immune. Well, pretty sure LOL!

post #131 of 1168

Love the xba-3's. Have to pull out my xba-4's to compare (got a great price on the 4's when they came out, bought here on the forum's).

 

Anyway, using these tips, with great sauces:

 


http://www.ebay.com/itm/320951392885?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

post #132 of 1168
Thread Starter 

I was wondering when you was gonna get your pair Carlsan. Good to see you got them. Those tips looks just like my FX40 tips.

 

Oh by the way I figured out a way to make the tips stay on the XBA-3. I did the donut cut mod for the stem of the tips using some soft ear tips. Same mod I did with my MP8320 back in the day. Now it keeps the tip in place. I will post a pic of what I did tomorrow.


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/7/12 at 6:53pm
post #133 of 1168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

Btw dsnuts, thanks for persuading me to get the xba3's. I didn't want to spend what I considered to be so much money on iem's (especially after spontaneously buying 3 other pairs of iems lol!), but they are obviously awesome, and I'm pretty sure that they will stop you from persuading me from getting anything else - at least for a while! I don't even care if you and Currawong go ape-poop nuts over the new jvc's - I am so satisfied with the xba3's that I'm sure that I will be immune. Well, pretty sure LOL!


We will see about this when the FXZ100 and the FXZ200 hit. All I am saying is. Start saving your cash.. Lol.

post #134 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Start saving your cash.. Lol.

 

So says the guy who just made me spend all of my cash lol!

post #135 of 1168
Hello guys .....i received my xba-3 week ago...but for me they are bit sibilant and soundstage is not as wide....my previous iem was dba 02....So guys any special type of tips needed for them?? i have tried tips with larger hole but no benefit....any ideas??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread.