Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. - Page 73

post #1081 of 1150

yup u never expect tips to change sound so much but they do!!

 

no idea why but it just happens

post #1082 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 

yup u never expect tips to change sound so much but they do!!

 

no idea why but it just happens

+1 These change in tips has elevated my FXT90 to a place where I didn't think they could go. Spatially, there was this change for the better, and the aggressive mids that always make the CNT tech so fatiguing has been smoothed out to the point where it's almost not existent anymore. Now they're my second best IEM behind my TF 10 (unfortunately my UE 700, which have served me faithfully for two years now have a short in the jack, and even with electrical tape, are on their last leg). WOW! thank you VSonic. 

post #1083 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

+1 These change in tips has elevated my FXT90 to a place where I didn't think they could go. Spatially, there was this change for the better, and the aggressive mids that always make the CNT tech so fatiguing has been smoothed out to the point where it's almost not existent anymore. Now they're my second best IEM behind my TF 10 (unfortunately my UE 700, which have served me faithfully for two years now have a short in the jack, and even with electrical tape, are on their last leg). WOW! thank you VSonic. 


even the initial treble i had with my brand new gr07 mk2 is tamed by using the foam filled tips,,,,incredible!!

 

so do u suggest the memory tips from comply??they advertise good filter for more balanced sound and ****

post #1084 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


even the initial treble i had with my brand new gr07 mk2 is tamed by using the foam filled tips,,,,incredible!!

 

so do u suggest the memory tips from comply??they advertise good filter for more balanced sound and ****

I don't use the memory tips. I use comply olives for my UE 700 (brings the bass forward in an otherwise lacking area) and my TF 10. The memory tips aren't big enough for my ears, and tend to have too much leakage for me. Comply olives and hybrids with foam for me. They are wonderful. 

post #1085 of 1150

after spending some time with mine, and someone correct me if im wrong, i think they are bassier than the original xba3. the warmth takes away that airy feel, but the highs are much smoother. reminds me of the xba40 smoothness, only that as times the xba40 felt too warm, like it was trying to the a dynamic when it wasnt.

 

mids are laid back, but only in comparing to the more balanced M200, or the ie800. I have been considering getting the tf10 again for some time now and do some proper comparisons myself.

post #1086 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post


Glad to know someone still enjoys them just like I do... I've kept mine despite finding a few upgrades.

I'm looking into the KEF M200. How do the stack up against the other IEM's you own? I'm also looking into the ATH-IM70 and Meelectronics M-Duo.

post #1087 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post
 

after spending some time with mine, and someone correct me if im wrong, i think they are bassier than the original xba3. the warmth takes away that airy feel, but the highs are much smoother. reminds me of the xba40 smoothness, only that as times the xba40 felt too warm, like it was trying to the a dynamic when it wasnt.

 

mids are laid back, but only in comparing to the more balanced M200, or the ie800. I have been considering getting the tf10 again for some time now and do some proper comparisons myself.

this guy plagiarized my review of the XBA-30's from amazon. He wouldn't know the difference. As for the difference between the TF 10 AND THE xba-30, I was going off memory when I originally wrote this review, since I had sold my TF10's a bit earlier. Now that I've since repurchased TF10's, I can confidently say that they are superior to the XBA-30 in all ways except for the lack of sibilance in the top end of the XBA-30's v.s. the slight sibilance you can get in the top end of the TF10 on certain tracks, and more forward mids. Aside from that, from separation to imaging to bass quality to clarity to timbre to treble quality, the TF 10's are better. Still, the XBA-30's are a solid performer and have better fit than the TF10, and to certain people, they are a great IEM, and that's cool too. 

post #1088 of 1150

sony needs to get its act together seriously.

 

u will see in a couple of months h10,h20 and h30 after h1,2 and 3.

this is just harsh on the consumers who are spending heavy money on these iem's

post #1089 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

I'm looking into the KEF M200. How do the stack up against the other IEM's you own? I'm also looking into the ATH-IM70 and Meelectronics M-Duo.

They are quite impressive! Best dynamics I've heard so far. Even holds its own against my hybrids, just falling a bit short in clarity but detail is superb.
post #1090 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post


They are quite impressive! Best dynamics I've heard so far. Even holds its own against my hybrids, just falling a bit short in clarity but detail is superb.


i had never heard of these,look prety good but that ear hook looks uncomfortable!!

 

how would u stack these against gr07 k2 and tf10's??

post #1091 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post


They are quite impressive! Best dynamics I've heard so far. Even holds its own against my hybrids, just falling a bit short in clarity but detail is superb.

Thanks! Based on your comments and the reviews I've read, I think the KEF M200 will be my next purchase and last purchase for the year? They just sound like they will fit right in there with my TF10's for quality and be the best option for my go to dynamic. 

post #1092 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

Thanks! Based on your comments and the reviews I've read, I think the KEF M200 will be my next purchase and last purchase for the year? They just sound like they will fit right in there with my TF10's for quality and be the best option for my go to dynamic.

 

Just one thing to take note of: a few people have had issues with the fit either because of the size of the nozzles/tips and/or the ear hooks. If you get past those issues, they are stellar! I still have to do a review of those so stay tuned... My M200 is currently on loan to another headfier.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


i had never heard of these,look prety good but that ear hook looks uncomfortable!!

 

how would u stack these against gr07 k2 and tf10's??

 

Sorry, haven't tried those IEMs. Didn't bother getting the tf10 despite its popularity because I just felt they're already outdated... just my personal opinion. As for the Vsonic, I'm quite sensitive to sibilance and rough sounding treble so I kinda stayed away from them.


Edited by d marc0 - 12/16/13 at 4:36am
post #1093 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

this guy plagiarized my review of the XBA-30's from amazon. He wouldn't know the difference. As for the difference between the TF 10 AND THE xba-30, I was going off memory when I originally wrote this review, since I had sold my TF10's a bit earlier. Now that I've since repurchased TF10's, I can confidently say that they are superior to the XBA-30 in all ways except for the lack of sibilance in the top end of the XBA-30's v.s. the slight sibilance you can get in the top end of the TF10 on certain tracks, and more forward mids. Aside from that, from separation to imaging to bass quality to clarity to timbre to treble quality, the TF 10's are better. Still, the XBA-30's are a solid performer and have better fit than the TF10, and to certain people, they are a great IEM, and that's cool too. 

ummm... dont be so quick to point fingers. i didnt even make comparisons to the tf10 (now i have a pair on the way), it was compared to the xba3, NOT the tf10, which after looking up your review was only a comparison between those two. no mention of the tdk ie800 or the m200.

 

an apology is in order

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

Thanks! Based on your comments and the reviews I've read, I think the KEF M200 will be my next purchase and last purchase for the year? They just sound like they will fit right in there with my TF10's for quality and be the best option for my go to dynamic. 

if you go for them you will have to be ready to play with many tips, comfort is the worst of any pair... most end up selling them off. you just need the right tips


Edited by daveyostrow - 12/17/13 at 3:15pm
post #1094 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post
 

ummm... dont be so quick to point fingers. i didnt even make comparisons to the tf10 (now i have a pair on the way), it was compared to the xba3, NOT the tf10, which after looking up your review was only a comparison between those two. no mention of the tdk ie800 or the m200.

 

an apology is in order

 

if you go for them you will have to be ready to play with many tips, comfort is the worst of any pair... most end up selling them off. you just need the right tips

I didn't mean you, i meant the guy who originally posted that comment. He stole that entire review/commentary from my amazon review. I wasn't meaning you. 

post #1095 of 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

I didn't mean you, i meant the guy who originally posted that comment. He stole that entire review/commentary from my amazon review. I wasn't meaning you. 

I hear you, but i dont know what comment you are referring to.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevms89 View Post

Ok so I got the 40's finally, been listening to them and here are my thoughts.

Compared to the 3 I notice a wider soundstage, bigger and nicer bass that does not bleed into the rest of the sounds.

Instrument seperation is insane, I mean wow! Its like I can hear all the different instruments clearly which I could on the xba3 but this is crazy.

As far as that mettalic thing, I cant say, I didnt notice anything on the 3 and on here either, obviously it didnt bother me if it was present in the 3 so no comment.

Fit and isolation are awesome, how the hell are these like 3 times the size of the 1 and it fits me perfectly and without any trouble whatsoever? Lol

Overall these are the best iems I have ever had, thats not saying much considering I have not had much but these are better than the XBA3 and XBAH1 that I had, the xba1 isnt even a contest in any aspect,

Very clear with big bass and soundstage but the detail is still in there, the seperation in particular is crazy, its like I can hear the guy right next to me playing the guitar very clearly and the other guy playing the drums on the other side very clearly.

Overall I love these, I cant see me wanting anything else from headphones, amazing IMO, whats cool is that they took the 3 which had great clear sound with nice bass and soundstage but made them even bigger and better without sacrificing clarity and detail, I was scared that these would sound a bit muddy like the H1 did but these are much better; the H1 was similar to the xba3 but had slightly better bass and a bigger soundstage but were not as clear as the 3, these are the best of both, big bass and soundstage mixed with great detail and clarity.

So yea thats my impressions, Im not the most technical with it but I can say that these are great especially after using the 3 for like a year staright.

These are being user on an iPhone 5 as were the others, also these go loud just as the H1 which went higher than the xba3.

the xba40 are great, but the bass can distort when it tries to reach what it cant. that and the source dependency threw me off.

xba30 are much closer to the xba40 than the xba3 were from what i remember.

FYI, the H1 has the best mids of them all.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread.