Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. - Page 69

post #1021 of 1168
Its so funny I had to go back to the XBA1 until my 40's arrive and they sound so tiny compared to the big luscious sound of the xba3, the 1 isnt bad but it certainly cant compete with them.

Cant wait to get my 40's.
post #1022 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevms89 View Post

Its so funny I had to go back to the XBA1 until my 40's arrive and they sound so tiny compared to the big luscious sound of the xba3, the 1 isnt bad but it certainly cant compete with them.

Cant wait to get my 40's.

See now I didn't like the sound of the XBA-1 at all. Owned them TWICE, and though the mids were so buttery smooth and there was nice nice sparkle in the top end, the so anemic bass was a complete turn off. EQ'd the bass just got unruly and sometimes distorted, so I lost patience twice. Lots of head-fiers like the XBA-1 though.

post #1023 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

See now I didn't like the sound of the XBA-1 at all. Owned them TWICE, and though the mids were so buttery smooth and there was nice nice sparkle in the top end, the so anemic bass was a complete turn off. EQ'd the bass just got unruly and sometimes distorted, so I lost patience twice. Lots of head-fiers like the XBA-1 though.

I'll agree, the XBA-1 is a poor performer, XBA-40 isn't that great either but much better. EQ works well with the 40s, but not in the 1s because the driver of the 1s is simply too limited in bandwidth. 

post #1024 of 1168
Hmm Im no basshead so I cant say it bothered me but when I use the 3 its like my music comes alive, it sounds such much more clear to my ears.

Also I cant get them to fit well for me, for most its tge opposite.
post #1025 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post
 

I'll agree, the XBA-1 is a poor performer, XBA-40 isn't that great either but much better. EQ works well with the 40s, but not in the 1s because the driver of the 1s is simply too limited in bandwidth. 

Inks, what about the XBA-10?? Is it an improvement bass wise and SQ wise than the 1?

post #1026 of 1168

It's not that much different, smoother treble that's it, I wouldn't expect too much from a single BA from Sony, the C10 is better than both but also lacks bass and treble extension. 

post #1027 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post
 

It's not that much different, smoother treble that's it, I wouldn't expect too much from a single BA from Sony, the C10 is better than both but also lacks bass and treble extension. 

Thanks. I'll steer clear. 

post #1028 of 1168

I prefer XBA-1 over XBA-30 though :L3000: 

 

XBA-1, fitted with V-Moda's  vibrato medium tips

 

- Isolates greater than XBA-30 due to barrel shape which allows deep fit. 

- non-fatiguing sound and sounds great at lower volume due to high isolation

- bass is still punchy despite weak.

- inoffensive treble and still crisp.

- non-distracting sound; perfect when I'm studying.

- importantly, can be worn over the ear

- light yet comfortable.

 

XBA-30, fitted with GR07's large hybrid tips (the only tips besides T & S comply that isolates better and reduces harsh treble)

 

- shallow fit ( so it does not isolate as much)

- bulky and heavy

- microphic because it can be only worn down

- when worn over the ear, ears get hurt quickly.

 

Although XBA-30 sounds var greater than XBA-1, XBA-1 wins for long-term use and convenience. Yet whenever I commute, I prefer XBA-1 over all of my IEMs due to its comfort and easy-going sound :> 


Edited by Gandasaputra - 12/8/13 at 11:07pm
post #1029 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandasaputra View Post
 

I prefer XBA-1 over XBA-30 though :L3000: 

 

XBA-1, fitted with V-Moda's  vibrato medium tips

 

- Isolates greater than XBA-30 due to barrel shape which allows deep fit. 

- non-fatiguing sound and sounds great at lower volume due to high isolation

- bass is still punchy despite weak.

- inoffensive treble and still crisp.

- non-distracting sound; perfect when I'm studying.

- importantly, can be worn over the ear

- light yet comfortable.

 

XBA-30, fitted with GR07's large hybrid tips (the only tips besides T & S comply that isolates better and reduces harsh treble)

 

- shallow fit ( so it does not isolate as much)

- bulky and heavy

- microphic because it can be only worn down

- when worn over the ear, ears get hurt quickly.

 

Although XBA-30 sounds var greater than XBA-1, XBA-1 wins for long-term use and convenience. Yet whenever I commute, I prefer XBA-1 over all of my IEMs due to its comfort and easy-going sound :> 

i know what you mean by enjoying an iem that might not be on par with something else you have. Though I've really enjoyed what I've heard from my week with my VSD1S, at the end of the day I just keep reaching for my JVC FXT90's. i also really dig the sound from my Audio Technica EP1. I have the Fidelio S2's coming in tomorrow and reordered my UE TF 10's, which should be here by next friday, so who know how long this will last, but like your love for the XBA-1, I love my JVC's, even though I have much better technical iem's. 


Edited by IEMagnet01 - 12/8/13 at 11:36pm
post #1030 of 1168
Im actuallr gonna buy the c10 to workout and use for situations where my headphones could get messed up or something, dont wanna put my 40's at risk.

I think they will be a nice compliment.
post #1031 of 1168
Interesting...

These just came out in Japan in the summer, have a mic and are dynamic.

http://bit.ly/1br0dhC

I dont have much experience with dynamic sound so I have been curious to see how they differ, I might just pick this up instead of the c10.
post #1032 of 1168
Got my Fidelio S2's and T-PEOS H100's today, and so far it's a toss up for sheer disappointment. I'm trying to keep an open mind as they both burn in, but they both are making me yearn for the end of the week when my TF10's arrive.
post #1033 of 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

Got my Fidelio S2's and T-PEOS H100's today, and so far it's a toss up for sheer disappointment. I'm trying to keep an open mind as they both burn in, but they both are making me yearn for the end of the week when my TF10's arrive.

 

Are you amping the S2's at all? My understanding is that they scale nicely to amping.

post #1034 of 1168

How does the t-peos and the philips sound?:blink: or is it because they don't fit to your ear?

post #1035 of 1168

Yeah. I started using my E11 with the Philips, and you're right. The sound does scale up. They synergize with my E11 better than my E6. They have aggressive upper mids. Reminds me of my JVC FXT90's in sound. The FXT's are slightly thicker note wise, but not by much. Clarity is right up there too, but there's that slight grain in the upper mids where you find them in the 90's. The S2's aren't a smooth iem. Not like the VSONIC or the TDK IE800.

 

Right now the T-PEOS is pretty much winning the disappointment war. These may be the worst mid level iem i've ever purchased. Strong clear bass, and crystal clear highs...but where's the effin MIDS?! The mids are so distant and hollow, these aren't v shaped, they are cavernous shaped. Amping doesn't help either. EQ'ing offers little help either, because if you EQ the mids up, then you start getting sibilant highs. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread.