The white prong in one of the cables for my HiFiman HE-400's broke. I tried to contact them and ask them which ones to get as a replacement, as I've only had them for 5 days, but they haven't responded. What is a good replacement cable for he HE-400's and how much will it cost? I really don't want an expensive replacement cable as I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on them.
Related Forum Threads
- UE900 with box, most acessories (used some tips) for HE-400 or other full sized cans Last post on 5/21/13 at 10:46pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMan HE-400 Last post on 5/21/13 at 11:34am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Hifiman HE-400 Last post on 5/20/13 at 11:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Good quality portable amp for HE-400 Last post on 5/20/13 at 12:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- WTB: AKG K702 65th Anniversary ( Possibly HD650, HD600, or HE-400 ) Last post on Yesterday at 9:22 am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Diy Beginners GuideEdited on 11/14/12
- Hi End CablesEdited on 1/8/12
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Who/what? I'd like to thank Rhapsodio for sending the 2v1 our way for a tour, along with the Shozy amp. Australia isn't exactly a hot electronics place First off - Rhapsodio is a young IEM...
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
HiFiman HE-400 Replacement cable?post #1 of 410/27/12 at 3:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 411/2/12 at 10:21am
Don't go out and buy a cable for your headphones unless you want to spend the money on a custom cable.
Contact customer service at Head Direct. CustomerService@head-direct.com and if you have some document to show that you purchased the headphones in the last 12 months they are pretty good about standing behind their products.
I have a pair of HE400 and the cable had an issue after I had it a couple months. I did not buy them from their online store Head Direct, I got them on Amazon actually.... But customer service at Head Direct just asked for a receipt, or a serial number or warranty number .... something to substantiate that they were still under warranty.... and 3 days later I had a brand new replacement cable.
If you want to spend the money, by all means you can goto BTG Audio or Toxic Cables and get something for a decent price that looks cool, but if you just want your headphones working again, give Head Direct a chance to remedy the situation.
I'd send them an email and call customer service 1-718-766-0560...post #3 of 411/2/12 at 12:37pmThread Starter
I already got a replacement cable. Hurrdurrcane Sandy killed my electricity and power so I couldn't respond. HiFiman already sent me a new cable. Thanks to everyone that answered. Their customer support really is top notch.Return Home
- HiFiman HE-400 Replacement cable?
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 10 seconds ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions and Appreciation Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Questions about cables for computer Hi-Fi system 1 minute ago
- › Mods for SR-009 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 2 minutes ago
- › Who has an end game setup? 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe