The white prong in one of the cables for my HiFiman HE-400's broke. I tried to contact them and ask them which ones to get as a replacement, as I've only had them for 5 days, but they haven't responded. What is a good replacement cable for he HE-400's and how much will it cost? I really don't want an expensive replacement cable as I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on them.
Related Forum Threads
- Open Headphones and Amp Advice Last post on 8/17/14 at 5:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT770 vs DT880 vs M100 vs D600 vs Q40 vs HFI580 vs HE400 vs UE6000 Last post on 8/9/14 at 10:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Amp for Hifiman HE-400 Last post on 6/22/14 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Hifiman HE-400 with a PA2v2? Last post on 6/15/14 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
HiFiman HE-400 Replacement cable?post #1 of 410/27/12 at 3:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 411/2/12 at 10:21am
Don't go out and buy a cable for your headphones unless you want to spend the money on a custom cable.
Contact customer service at Head Direct. CustomerService@head-direct.com and if you have some document to show that you purchased the headphones in the last 12 months they are pretty good about standing behind their products.
I have a pair of HE400 and the cable had an issue after I had it a couple months. I did not buy them from their online store Head Direct, I got them on Amazon actually.... But customer service at Head Direct just asked for a receipt, or a serial number or warranty number .... something to substantiate that they were still under warranty.... and 3 days later I had a brand new replacement cable.
If you want to spend the money, by all means you can goto BTG Audio or Toxic Cables and get something for a decent price that looks cool, but if you just want your headphones working again, give Head Direct a chance to remedy the situation.
I'd send them an email and call customer service 1-718-766-0560...post #3 of 411/2/12 at 12:37pmThread Starter
I already got a replacement cable. Hurrdurrcane Sandy killed my electricity and power so I couldn't respond. HiFiman already sent me a new cable. Thanks to everyone that answered. Their customer support really is top notch.Return Home
- HiFiman HE-400 Replacement cable?
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 52 seconds ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT1350 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds for 60$? 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. 3 minutes ago
- › After you buy a headphone what is most important to you? 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › DAC disconnects / pops from PC when mains switch or boiler is... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)