The white prong in one of the cables for my HiFiman HE-400's broke. I tried to contact them and ask them which ones to get as a replacement, as I've only had them for 5 days, but they haven't responded. What is a good replacement cable for he HE-400's and how much will it cost? I really don't want an expensive replacement cable as I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on them.
Related Forum Threads
- Worth experimenting with ZxR + O2+ODAC? Last post on 9/15/14 at 9:29am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on Yesterday at 3:15 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ideal set-up for classical under $450? (Beyerdynamic dt880 vs HiFiMan HE-400 Last post on 9/10/14 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones do you listen to for movies? Last post on 9/10/14 at 5:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- buying a 2nd pair of $500 headphones? Last post on 9/13/14 at 10:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
HiFiman HE-400 Replacement cable?post #1 of 410/27/12 at 3:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 411/2/12 at 10:21am
Don't go out and buy a cable for your headphones unless you want to spend the money on a custom cable.
Contact customer service at Head Direct. CustomerService@head-direct.com and if you have some document to show that you purchased the headphones in the last 12 months they are pretty good about standing behind their products.
I have a pair of HE400 and the cable had an issue after I had it a couple months. I did not buy them from their online store Head Direct, I got them on Amazon actually.... But customer service at Head Direct just asked for a receipt, or a serial number or warranty number .... something to substantiate that they were still under warranty.... and 3 days later I had a brand new replacement cable.
If you want to spend the money, by all means you can goto BTG Audio or Toxic Cables and get something for a decent price that looks cool, but if you just want your headphones working again, give Head Direct a chance to remedy the situation.
I'd send them an email and call customer service 1-718-766-0560...post #3 of 411/2/12 at 12:37pmThread Starter
I already got a replacement cable. Hurrdurrcane Sandy killed my electricity and power so I couldn't respond. HiFiman already sent me a new cable. Thanks to everyone that answered. Their customer support really is top notch.Return Home
- HiFiman HE-400 Replacement cable?
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 10 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 43 seconds ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 56 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 2 minutes ago
- › X5, X1, or DX90 for my 1964 ears v6's 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit Classic First Look - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)