The white prong in one of the cables for my HiFiman HE-400's broke. I tried to contact them and ask them which ones to get as a replacement, as I've only had them for 5 days, but they haven't responded. What is a good replacement cable for he HE-400's and how much will it cost? I really don't want an expensive replacement cable as I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on them.
Related Forum Threads
- The best headphones that give you a real fun experience when listening to music... Last post on 10/6/14 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- he 400 Last post on 9/25/14 at 1:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE400+Magni/modi combo Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone own the he400 and have returned the he400i Last post on 9/21/14 at 11:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-560 VS Vmoda M100 Last post on 9/18/14 at 1:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Thanks guys for helping to get this review featured! The support I've gotten so far is amazing and I look forward to bringing more reviews to the Head-Fi community. AUDIO TECHNICA'S...
HiFiman HE-400 Replacement cable?post #1 of 410/27/12 at 3:14pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 411/2/12 at 10:21am
Don't go out and buy a cable for your headphones unless you want to spend the money on a custom cable.
Contact customer service at Head Direct. CustomerService@head-direct.com and if you have some document to show that you purchased the headphones in the last 12 months they are pretty good about standing behind their products.
I have a pair of HE400 and the cable had an issue after I had it a couple months. I did not buy them from their online store Head Direct, I got them on Amazon actually.... But customer service at Head Direct just asked for a receipt, or a serial number or warranty number .... something to substantiate that they were still under warranty.... and 3 days later I had a brand new replacement cable.
If you want to spend the money, by all means you can goto BTG Audio or Toxic Cables and get something for a decent price that looks cool, but if you just want your headphones working again, give Head Direct a chance to remedy the situation.
I'd send them an email and call customer service 1-718-766-0560...post #3 of 411/2/12 at 12:37pmThread Starter
I already got a replacement cable. Hurrdurrcane Sandy killed my electricity and power so I couldn't respond. HiFiman already sent me a new cable. Thanks to everyone that answered. Their customer support really is top notch.Return Home
- HiFiman HE-400 Replacement cable?
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › a few bugs on chrome and mobile chrome. 2 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-400i 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 4 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › Does the USB Cable Matter (USB DACS) 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Nokia Lumia 635 by mark2410
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)