- 8 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by System, 10/31/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/31/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 10/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/31/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B around $180 Last post on 3/27/13 at 7:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying new headphones, please help? Last post on 10/18/12 at 5:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These so far dethroned all my top headphones. Deeper more natural bass than the M50X, or the HE-400, better 3d imaging, and speed than the AD900x, better comfort than the DT990pro. Mine is...
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
This is by far the best sub i ever head and i got a lot of boom for the buck, i built my own enclosure out of 1.25" thick pulp wood and building your own box out of scrap wood is alot better than a...
What are my best options for headphones under 200?post #1 of 1010/27/12 at 8:23amThread StarterI've been looking at headphones for a few weeks now and i still can't make up my mind. I've looked at AKG, V-Moda, Sol Republic, Grado, Seinnhiser, and some Sonys. I don't know which will be best for the kind of music I listen to rock, blues, alternative, indie, and some rap. Can anyone help me make up my mind? I've never had good headphones and I want a upgrade from these white iPod ones. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/27/12 at 8:57ampost #3 of 1010/27/12 at 10:33amThread Starterpost #4 of 1010/27/12 at 10:37am
open has a generally more spacious and refined sound while closed generally provides more punchy bass and much better isolationpost #5 of 1010/27/12 at 10:51amThread Starterpost #6 of 1010/27/12 at 12:51pm
Well, since you want closed, I might recommend that you get the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros. They're kind of expensive for casual listeners, but I've heard that they've been getting a lot of good reviews. They are closed back headphones, but you can actually adjust the way the headphones respond to different sound frequencies, which means that *ding ding ding* they're good for a LOT of different types of music. They're also extremely customizable, so you can make them your own.post #7 of 1010/27/12 at 1:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by AgentCOPP1
Well, since you want closed, I might recommend that you get the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros. They're kind of expensive for casual listeners, but I've heard that they've been getting a lot of good reviews. They are closed back headphones, but you can actually adjust the way the headphones respond to different sound frequencies, which means that *ding ding ding* they're good for a LOT of different types of music. They're also extremely customizable, so you can make them your own.
This is a good suggestion, however from other reviews I have looked at, I would suggest the DT770 80 ohms with a fiio e11 portable amp and LOD. you can get them for about 150-160 on ebay right now and the amp is about 50 bucks.post #8 of 1010/27/12 at 4:22pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1010/27/12 at 7:25pmThread Starterpost #10 of 1010/28/12 at 10:50am
Hate to bump an old thread, but I just love helping people!
OP, here's the link to the Customs. You customize them by clicking on the "Accessories" link at the top and just buying the faceplate that you want. I suppose they just ship it to you after you buy it (I mean how else would they do it lol), but it looks like they have a pretty modest selection of them. I wish they would have more, but whatever. Maybe you can find more online somewhere.
Edited by AgentCOPP1 - 10/28/12 at 10:57am
- What are my best options for headphones under 200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 35 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 43 seconds ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Car audio 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse