- 8 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by System, 10/31/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/31/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 10/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/31/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B around $180 Last post on 3/27/13 at 7:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying new headphones, please help? Last post on 10/18/12 at 5:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
What are my best options for headphones under 200?post #1 of 1010/27/12 at 8:23amThread StarterI've been looking at headphones for a few weeks now and i still can't make up my mind. I've looked at AKG, V-Moda, Sol Republic, Grado, Seinnhiser, and some Sonys. I don't know which will be best for the kind of music I listen to rock, blues, alternative, indie, and some rap. Can anyone help me make up my mind? I've never had good headphones and I want a upgrade from these white iPod ones. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/27/12 at 8:57ampost #3 of 1010/27/12 at 10:33amThread Starterpost #4 of 1010/27/12 at 10:37am
open has a generally more spacious and refined sound while closed generally provides more punchy bass and much better isolationpost #5 of 1010/27/12 at 10:51amThread Starterpost #6 of 1010/27/12 at 12:51pm
Well, since you want closed, I might recommend that you get the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros. They're kind of expensive for casual listeners, but I've heard that they've been getting a lot of good reviews. They are closed back headphones, but you can actually adjust the way the headphones respond to different sound frequencies, which means that *ding ding ding* they're good for a LOT of different types of music. They're also extremely customizable, so you can make them your own.post #7 of 1010/27/12 at 1:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by AgentCOPP1
Well, since you want closed, I might recommend that you get the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros. They're kind of expensive for casual listeners, but I've heard that they've been getting a lot of good reviews. They are closed back headphones, but you can actually adjust the way the headphones respond to different sound frequencies, which means that *ding ding ding* they're good for a LOT of different types of music. They're also extremely customizable, so you can make them your own.
This is a good suggestion, however from other reviews I have looked at, I would suggest the DT770 80 ohms with a fiio e11 portable amp and LOD. you can get them for about 150-160 on ebay right now and the amp is about 50 bucks.post #8 of 1010/27/12 at 4:22pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1010/27/12 at 7:25pmThread Starterpost #10 of 1010/28/12 at 10:50am
Hate to bump an old thread, but I just love helping people!
OP, here's the link to the Customs. You customize them by clicking on the "Accessories" link at the top and just buying the faceplate that you want. I suppose they just ship it to you after you buy it (I mean how else would they do it lol), but it looks like they have a pretty modest selection of them. I wish they would have more, but whatever. Maybe you can find more online somewhere.
Edited by AgentCOPP1 - 10/28/12 at 10:57am
- What are my best options for headphones under 200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Android-fi! 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston 3 Review by mark2410 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Introducing Telos Acoustics 7 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 7 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH5pro thread 8 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 9 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3