- 8 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by System, 10/31/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/31/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 10/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/31/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B around $180 Last post on 3/27/13 at 7:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying new headphones, please help? Last post on 10/18/12 at 5:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Not as stylish as an A&K but very well built, apart from the flimsy wheel. Good materials and nice finishes and overall intiutive U.I. give a quite nice experience. First of, some APE and DSD...
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
What are my best options for headphones under 200?post #1 of 1010/27/12 at 8:23amThread StarterI've been looking at headphones for a few weeks now and i still can't make up my mind. I've looked at AKG, V-Moda, Sol Republic, Grado, Seinnhiser, and some Sonys. I don't know which will be best for the kind of music I listen to rock, blues, alternative, indie, and some rap. Can anyone help me make up my mind? I've never had good headphones and I want a upgrade from these white iPod ones. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/27/12 at 8:57ampost #3 of 1010/27/12 at 10:33amThread Starterpost #4 of 1010/27/12 at 10:37am
open has a generally more spacious and refined sound while closed generally provides more punchy bass and much better isolationpost #5 of 1010/27/12 at 10:51amThread Starterpost #6 of 1010/27/12 at 12:51pm
Well, since you want closed, I might recommend that you get the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros. They're kind of expensive for casual listeners, but I've heard that they've been getting a lot of good reviews. They are closed back headphones, but you can actually adjust the way the headphones respond to different sound frequencies, which means that *ding ding ding* they're good for a LOT of different types of music. They're also extremely customizable, so you can make them your own.post #7 of 1010/27/12 at 1:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by AgentCOPP1
Well, since you want closed, I might recommend that you get the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros. They're kind of expensive for casual listeners, but I've heard that they've been getting a lot of good reviews. They are closed back headphones, but you can actually adjust the way the headphones respond to different sound frequencies, which means that *ding ding ding* they're good for a LOT of different types of music. They're also extremely customizable, so you can make them your own.
This is a good suggestion, however from other reviews I have looked at, I would suggest the DT770 80 ohms with a fiio e11 portable amp and LOD. you can get them for about 150-160 on ebay right now and the amp is about 50 bucks.post #8 of 1010/27/12 at 4:22pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1010/27/12 at 7:25pmThread Starterpost #10 of 1010/28/12 at 10:50am
Hate to bump an old thread, but I just love helping people!
OP, here's the link to the Customs. You customize them by clicking on the "Accessories" link at the top and just buying the faceplate that you want. I suppose they just ship it to you after you buy it (I mean how else would they do it lol), but it looks like they have a pretty modest selection of them. I wish they would have more, but whatever. Maybe you can find more online somewhere.
Edited by AgentCOPP1 - 10/28/12 at 10:57am
- What are my best options for headphones under 200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › ric the 70s 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 3 minutes ago
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Mr Speakers Alpha Prime 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by flognarde
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2