- 8 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by System, 10/31/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 10/31/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 10/31/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/31/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/31/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B around $180 Last post on 3/27/13 at 7:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying new headphones, please help? Last post on 10/18/12 at 5:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
What are my best options for headphones under 200?post #1 of 1010/27/12 at 8:23amThread StarterI've been looking at headphones for a few weeks now and i still can't make up my mind. I've looked at AKG, V-Moda, Sol Republic, Grado, Seinnhiser, and some Sonys. I don't know which will be best for the kind of music I listen to rock, blues, alternative, indie, and some rap. Can anyone help me make up my mind? I've never had good headphones and I want a upgrade from these white iPod ones. Thanks!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/27/12 at 8:57ampost #3 of 1010/27/12 at 10:33amThread Starterpost #4 of 1010/27/12 at 10:37am
open has a generally more spacious and refined sound while closed generally provides more punchy bass and much better isolationpost #5 of 1010/27/12 at 10:51amThread Starterpost #6 of 1010/27/12 at 12:51pm
Well, since you want closed, I might recommend that you get the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros. They're kind of expensive for casual listeners, but I've heard that they've been getting a lot of good reviews. They are closed back headphones, but you can actually adjust the way the headphones respond to different sound frequencies, which means that *ding ding ding* they're good for a LOT of different types of music. They're also extremely customizable, so you can make them your own.post #7 of 1010/27/12 at 1:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by AgentCOPP1
Well, since you want closed, I might recommend that you get the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros. They're kind of expensive for casual listeners, but I've heard that they've been getting a lot of good reviews. They are closed back headphones, but you can actually adjust the way the headphones respond to different sound frequencies, which means that *ding ding ding* they're good for a LOT of different types of music. They're also extremely customizable, so you can make them your own.
This is a good suggestion, however from other reviews I have looked at, I would suggest the DT770 80 ohms with a fiio e11 portable amp and LOD. you can get them for about 150-160 on ebay right now and the amp is about 50 bucks.post #8 of 1010/27/12 at 4:22pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1010/27/12 at 7:25pmThread Starterpost #10 of 1010/28/12 at 10:50am
Hate to bump an old thread, but I just love helping people!
OP, here's the link to the Customs. You customize them by clicking on the "Accessories" link at the top and just buying the faceplate that you want. I suppose they just ship it to you after you buy it (I mean how else would they do it lol), but it looks like they have a pretty modest selection of them. I wish they would have more, but whatever. Maybe you can find more online somewhere.
Edited by AgentCOPP1 - 10/28/12 at 10:57am
- What are my best options for headphones under 200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 22 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 25 seconds ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 53 seconds ago
- › Win A FiiO DK1 (Multifunction Dock) with Your Comments---- A Harbor... 1 minute ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 2 minutes ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM650 Portable Music Player Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...