Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › best music player under $50
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

best music player under $50 - Page 2

post #16 of 24

The  Sandisk players have issues with some class 10 cards, so get a class 4 card to use with it.

post #17 of 24
I haven't had that experience. think it is just a matter of formatting properly. i formatted to fat in linux disc manager and have had zero problems with my 64gb or my 32gb microsdxc cards. one made by sandisk and one generic "team" brand.
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

I haven't had that experience. think it is just a matter of formatting properly. i formatted to fat in linux disc manager and have had zero problems with my 64gb or my 32gb microsdxc cards. one made by sandisk and one generic "team" brand.

The internal loading speed in the Clip+ is only around Class 2, so a faster SD card won't really do much apart from faster transfer speed of stuff into the card. The added capacity on SDXC is nice though, and like stated above, it really shouldn't have any problem when formatted properly. No idea what linux disc manager is, do you mean the default Gnome GUI, gparted, or just plain fdisk?

post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post

The  Sandisk players have issues with some class 10 cards, so get a class 4 card to use with it.

Not with Rockbox. wink_face.gif

post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Really? by gosh I never knew it supported FLAC on stock firmware! All this time!


Lol get with the times H20, that is so yesterday ;). All kidding aside, I think with the Rockbox firmware the battery life last longer on FLAC playback.

post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

The internal loading speed in the Clip+ is only around Class 2, so a faster SD card won't really do much apart from faster transfer speed of stuff into the card. The added capacity on SDXC is nice though, and like stated above, it really shouldn't have any problem when formatted properly. No idea what linux disc manager is, do you mean the default Gnome GUI, gparted, or just plain fdisk?

No it is not gparted it is in the utilities menu in mint. I could have the name wrong actually think it is disk utility. ya, sorry linux box is at work and i use win7 pc at home smily_headphones1.gif
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Lol get with the times H20, that is so yesterday ;). All kidding aside, I think with the Rockbox firmware the battery life last longer on FLAC playback.

 

You're absolutely right, it pretty much doubles the runtime with FLAC compared to the original firmware.

post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


No it is not gparted it is in the utilities menu in mint. I could have the name wrong actually think it is disk utility. ya, sorry linux box is at work and i use win7 pc at home smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, that's gnome-disk-utility.

...Wait, you get to use Mint at work?

post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post

The  Sandisk players have issues with some class 10 cards, so get a class 4 card to use with it.

I personally use nothing but team memory class 10, and i've yet to have one fail in any of my devices.

 

And i've been through most of the top brands, i find with most big brands their qc is questionable at times.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › best music player under $50