or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 51

post #751 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Silver +1%gold seems like my next cablesūüėČ

 

Sounds "Toxic" to me.

post #752 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Mmmmmmmūüėčsalt.....but yeah they are very wonderful oemūüėéūüėä get them before they are gone wayne:'(

I haven't heard anything back from Martin Logan reversing their intent to pull the Mikros 90.  Martin Logan is certainly big enough to absorb the loss--if there is/was one--with the 90, but I think it would be a shame and a real loss to the H-F world if that were to happen.  If ML were to retool and produce a full-size product (which I doubt, owing to the way that the Mikros 90 seemed to slip under almost everybody's radar), I would be one of the first in line for sure.  But for me, the Mikros 90 will be a very tough act to follow.  

 

But then again, would I have originally bought mine had the "shell-shocker" price not been so insanely affordable?  Some food for thought.


Edited by pataburd - 1/31/14 at 5:54pm
post #753 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

V,

What are your source and dac/amp?

I found that with my reference gear, the MLs' "scaling-up-well" factor also made differences easier to recognize.  When a/b-ing with the M500 on my lower end sources/amps the comparisons were closer.  But when linked up with what I consider my upper tier gear, fully tweaked out, the Mikros 90 showed appreciably larger sonic gains and the gap significantly widened. 

The Mikros 90 are rated at 26 ohms, but they can be pretty demanding.  My Bada usually sounds thin and edgy with low impedance loads, but the MLs feel right at home and blossom with this amp.

 

My sources:

1) clip zip

2) Colorfly C3 + C&C BH amp

3) laptop + HifimeDIY sabre dac + Fiio E12 (plenty of power)

 

Do you think that (2) or (3) would do the 90's justice?

post #754 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

I haven't heard anything back from Martin Logan reversing their intent to pull the Mikros 90.  Martin Logan is certainly big enough to absorb the loss--if there is/was one--with the 90, but I think it would be a shame and a real loss to the H-F world if that were to happen.  If ML were to retool and produce a full-size product (which I doubt, owing to the way that the Mikros 90 seemed to slip under almost everybody's radar), I would be one of the first in line for sure.  But for me, the Mikros 90 will be a very tough act to follow.  

 

But then again, would I have originally bought mine had the "shell-shocker" price not been so insanely affordable?  Some food for thought.

1)Computer's z77 motherboard sound system.

I have another source: Walkman Z1020

 

impressions were done on the computer at the moment.

 

2) Fiio E6

post #755 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

I haven't heard anything back from Martin Logan reversing their intent to pull the Mikros 90.  Martin Logan is certainly big enough to absorb the loss--if there is/was one--with the 90, but I think it would be a shame and a real loss to the H-F world if that were to happen.  If ML were to retool and produce a full-size product (which I doubt, owing to the way that the Mikros 90 seemed to slip under almost everybody's radar), I would be one of the first in line for sure.  But for me, the Mikros 90 will be a very tough act to follow.  

 

But then again, would I have originally bought mine had the "shell-shocker" price not been so insanely affordable?  Some food for thought.

 

Hmmm...by the time Headfiers realize what a great headphone this is, there might be none left to be had.

post #756 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

 

Hmmm...by the time Headfiers realize what a great headphone this is, there might be none left to be had.

Then we open our shell-shocker stockpiles and fleece them all at Black Market prices!  That'll teach 'em!  :deadhorse:

post #757 of 6492

a few stray tots...

 

we are no longer simply comparing cans to cans..the setup comes into play in most of these feedbacks;

.................think we need KRELL monoblocks.... :P

 

My mind is drifting back to the shure940 reading about the clarity of Mikros...and the tightness of the bass? 

 

Cant wait to get hold of my Mikros...arrghhh should be in my hands by next week, otherwise i am gonna shoot someone.

And the hunt for cables n krells begins....hehe...maybe mckintoshesss.

post #758 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

My sources:

1) clip zip

2) Colorfly C3 + C&C BH amp

3) laptop + HifimeDIY sabre dac + Fiio E12 (plenty of power)

 

Do you think that (2) or (3) would do the 90's justice?

Which of the two do you consider the better?  That one would more likely do the MLs justice.  

post #759 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Which of the two do you consider the better?  That one would more likely do the MLs justice.  

 

For my iems and closed headphones, I gravitate towards the C3/BH combo because it opens them up somewhat and increases the soundstage.

 

For my power hungry or open headphones, I use the HifimeDIY/E12 combo because of the power, and also because the E12 (version 1) has a really nice bass boost that doesn't exaggerate the bass, but nicely extends the sub-bass region.

 

I should probably just get the 90's and find out!

post #760 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

For my iems and closed headphones, I gravitate towards the C3/BH combo because it opens them up somewhat and increases the soundstage.

 

For my power hungry or open headphones, I use the HifimeDIY/E12 combo because of the power, and also because the E12 (version 1) has a really nice bass boost that doesn't exaggerate the bass, but nicely extends the sub-bass region.

 

I should probably just get the 90's and find out!

Whatever your final call on upstream gear and/or headphones, your upcoming sessions with the Mikros 90 (and the M500 :normal_smile :) should be time well spent.


Edited by pataburd - 1/31/14 at 7:22pm
post #761 of 6492

Mikros 5 hour burn-in

 

Vocal emotion

 

Mikros = Re700

 

Vocal clarity

Mikros>Re700

 

Vocal airiness

Re700>>Mikros

 

Just a quick update. Will get soundstage done soon.

post #762 of 6492

Am I the only one here that has been listening to his ML for 6 hours (since 4 o clock)?  LOL

post #763 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post
 

Am I the only one here that has been listening to his ML for 6 hours (since 4 o clock)?  LOL

If I didn't like the re700's vocals so much and bass quantity + quality, I would have been doing the same thing for the ML's all day, lol. not even 6 hours, probably 8.

post #764 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post
 

Am I the only one here that has been listening to his ML for 6 hours (since 4 o clock)?  LOL

 

Well, I listened to my pair for around 8 hours at work.   Do I beat your record?   If so, what's my prize?

 

I gotta admit that I'm listening to speakers now.  I hope that does not disqualify me.:o

post #765 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

a few stray tots...

 

we are no longer simply comparing cans to cans..the setup comes into play in most of these feedbacks;

.................think we need KRELL monoblocks.... :P

 

My mind is drifting back to the shure940 reading about the clarity of Mikros...and the tightness of the bass? 

 

Cant wait to get hold of my Mikros...arrghhh should be in my hands by next week, otherwise i am gonna shoot someone.

And the hunt for cables n krells begins....hehe...maybe mckintoshesss.

I'll take vintage Kora.  I almost bought a pair of the Cosmos to drive my (dear departed) HE-6.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones