or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 46

post #676 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Great job guys, this headphone deserves some hype. I didn't get mine yet, but I just finished ordering it and will get it tomorrow. Expect some harsh impressions (harsh because I will not give them burn-in), but I will give them the chance as I did with the re700s. It better wow me the first time i hear it though. ;)

No need for burn in.  The sound needs getting used to though.  You may hate them as I did out of the box!

post #677 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post
 

No need for burn in.  The sound needs getting used to though.  You may hate them as I did out of the box!

 

Burn in or mental burn in...who cares which one is real...the end result is the same. :tongue:

post #678 of 6486

I have received my second pair of Mikros 90. I will do a comparison with my original set and see if burn-in exists or matters?

post #679 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Hey guys!

Who can chime in on this one--maybe again?

From my experience/comparison, the Mikros 90 uniformly crushes the M500.  On the "sonic bang-for-the-buck" scale: MLs worth every penny at MSRP of $300.  KEFs worth maybe $99.  Paid $80 for my Mikros 90 and $250 for the M500.  Promptly sold the KEFs.

In all fairness, my outboard monitors are KEFs and my subwoofer is a Martin Logan.  :wink:

 

"Uniformly crushes"???  "KEFs worth maybe $99"???

 

Sigh. Seriously?

 

If you are being serious, then I gotta say you're M500 bashing is silly and you are quickly losing credibility with me. You said your piece before, so what's the point now?Just trolling to get some attention? 

 

If you are just joking around, then my apologies.

post #680 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

"Uniformly crushes"???  "KEFs worth maybe $99"???

 

Sigh. Seriously?

 

If you are being serious, then I gotta say you're M500 bashing is silly and you are quickly losing credibility with me. You said your piece before, so what's the point now?Just trolling to get some attention? 

 

 

 

Or maybe that's exactly how he hears things. 

post #681 of 6486

Hey guys.

I'm interested in Martin Logan Mikros 90. But I'm considering also the Sennheiser Amperior, do you know the differences? Which is better?

I owned only IEM before, and I want to make the jump to headphones!

Thank you all for attention :)

post #682 of 6486

WW:

If my impressions cost me credibility with you or anyone else, then so be it.  (Losing credibility with my wife, now that would matter to me.)

Read my review if you haven't already.  

Look at my signature.  I just sold the HE-6 because I strongly preferred the Mikros 90.  Does that make me a "HifiMAN basher"?

I am stating my perceptions/impressions/opinions.  They needn't be yours or anyone else's.

How about "For me, the Mikros 90 significantly better the M500 in virtually every critical aspect of listenability"? 

Some counter-weight to balance out the M500 trumpeteers, who are "trollers" in their own right. 


Edited by pataburd - 1/30/14 at 3:01pm
post #683 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

 

Or maybe that's exactly how he hears things. 

 

Maybe - we'll see. I'm not yet convinced he was being serious. If so, then imo it's just hyperbole.

 

Have you heard the M500's? And if so, do you feel the same way? I wonder if anyone other than pataburd thinks the M500's are worth "maybe $99". Lol.

 

Edit: I see now that pataburd was being serious. Sigh.

post #684 of 6486
All closed cans $300 should be $100. The KEF isn't even built as well as the ML.

The KEF wins in soundstage, very important.
post #685 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Maybe - we'll see. I'm not yet convinced he was being serious. If so, then imo it's just hyperbole.

 

Have you heard the M500's? And if so, do you feel the same way? I wonder if anyone other than pataburd thinks the M500's are worth "maybe $99". Lol.

 

Edit: I see now that pataburd was being serious. Sigh.


No, I have not heard the M500.  I don't know if the M500s are worth $300...and I don't know if they sound like $300 headphones.

 

I purchased the V-MODA M-80s when they were around $200 and I didn't think they were worth $10, yet some people love that model and would be willing to pay the full retail price.  Take everything with a grain of salt in this site since we all hear things differently and we all have different preferences.

 

The crazy thing is that the Mikros 90s goes for around $99 and they are definitely worth more.   


Edited by elvergun - 1/30/14 at 2:48pm
post #686 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

 

I purchased the V-MODA M-80s when they were around $200 and I didn't think they were worth $10, yet some people love that model and would be willing to pay the full retail price.  Take everything with a grain of salt in this site since we all hear things differently and we all have different preferences.  

 

Good advice. Everyone can voice their own opinion I know, but sometimes it seems done in a way to evoke controversy, and occassionally I get sucked in.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

 

The crazy thing is that the Mikros 90s goes for around $99 and they are definitely worth more.   

 

From everything I've read, I agree.  They sound like winners with a non-stock cable, and assuming that the clamping force can be lessened.

post #687 of 6486

FiiO RC MH1 on the way.  Scheduled to arrive next week.  : )

post #688 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

From everything I've read, I agree.  They sound like winners with a non-stock cable, and assuming that the clamping force can be lessened.

Not to mention, people will blame pataburd for stating such "lies". It's not a lie as there will be people who hear that, but there will be disappointed buyers that would have wanted the kefs instead, and will disregard pata's opinions later on. 

 

That's why I am conservative with my hype. 

post #689 of 6486

I had a couple of sessions with KEF, and I own Mikros 90. While I am not sure I would pay 300 for ML, I certainly wouldn't pay 300 for KEF, even at 99 I would be very hesitated. I have stated before, I have the same opinion regarding KEF M500, that is their emphasis on sound signature and the realization of that in the end product is just simple not on the same level. KEF sounds very good to a degree, it is something pleasing yet extremely boring, like all the "fun", "midfi" product.

 

As for the soundstage, Mikros 90 does it with so much elasticity in regard to different recordings, I can hardly give the edge to KEF here. It's like what they say about cans that have a big soundstage sometimes don't convey intimacy well. It could be a very tricky thing. 

post #690 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

WW:

If my impressions cost me credibility with you or anyone else, then so be it.  (Losing credibility with my wife, now that would matter to me.)

Read my review if you haven't already.  

Look at my signature.  I just sold the HE-6 because I strongly preferred the Mikros 90.  Does that make me a "HifiMAN basher"?

I am stating my perceptions/impressions/opinions.  They needn't be yours or anyone else's.

How about "For me, the Mikros 90 significantly better the M500 in virtually every critical aspect of listenability"? 

Some counter-weight to balance out the M500 trumpeteers, who are "trollers" in their own right. 

Im going to try the Mikros 90 one day but I highly highly doubt it can beat a properly amped HE-6. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones