Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 387

post #5791 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

That's a V-moda grey one. Unless you got something new.

 



You are correct my friend!


BTW pretty sure I saw them at Shoppers Drug Mart of all places so get out and try one. Do EEET

post #5792 of 5883

the 10foot vmoda cable i bought..slightly bright vs the stock...i stuck to the stock.

 

 

enjoy bros...!!

post #5793 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinki View Post
 

well ..and this is me so its subjective . i got 2 cables with my headphones ( and thanks to zomby :) ) . so i notice the variation . 

i also need a longer cable anyway .  so there is my problem .


I am interested that you heard a distinct difference in the cables...stock ML cable vs. modded cable.  Can you describe? 

post #5794 of 5883

well its subtle ..but i find the stock actually giving me a clearer sound..even though not by much . i got a very good hearing though so i doubt many people would notice that anyway . im just a "clear" audio fanatic every since i was younger .
that is one of the reasons why i want the other cable ..so i can know if its actually true or are these are just "voiced in my head " :) 

post #5795 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinki View Post
 

well its subtle ..but i find the stock actually giving me a clearer sound..even though not by much . i got a very good hearing though so i doubt many people would notice that anyway . im just a "clear" audio fanatic every since i was younger .
that is one of the reasons why i want the other cable ..so i can know if its actually true or are these are just "voiced in my head " :) 


I am certain that my hearing is less than perfect...to many Who concerts, no doubt.  Good like finding the "cable of your dreams."

post #5796 of 5883

well im gonna start small ..and since i need a longer cable anyway ill get a copper one with just a bit of silver plating . 

a full silver cable is a big if for now .

post #5797 of 5883

Had a grand listen to the Mikros 90 [Stock Pair #3 followed by the Spacey/Bassy modded pair] with Teds UPOCC copper litz cable.  

 

These are consistently stellar performers.  I took off the PM-1 after about a half hour and had the Mikros 90 on for the next two: stunningly clear, vibrant and brilliantly balanced.

 

Had me pining--again--for Martin Logan's return to the market with a full-sized TOTL offering.

post #5798 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Had a grand listen to the Mikros 90 [Stock Pair #3 followed by the Spacey/Bassy modded pair] with Teds UPOCC copper litz cable.  

 

These are consistently stellar performers.  I took off the PM-1 after about a half hour and had the Mikros 90 on for the next two: stunningly clear, vibrant and brilliantly balanced.

 

Had me pining--again--for Martin Logan's return to the market with a full-sized TOTL offering.

 

u have strayed away...slap your wrist. ( u can slap my butt :P )

I know u are sucked up to the PM-1...trying v hard to like it..for now..

but i still think u are a treblehead deep down lolz

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/720431/barely-used-upgraded-decware-csp3-with-extra-tubes-less-than-month-old-like-new-includes-shipping-price-drop

 

u keen on a superb pre-amp? 

post #5799 of 5883

[Yes.  Admittedly, I am a treble-head.  But I still really like the PM-1 for their delicately nuanced HF presentation.]

 

To the top for TEAM MARTIN LOGAN!!!

 

Nearly a year in my line-up, and the Mikros 90 are still at/near the top of my shortlist for TOTL--you heard right, Folks--cans!


Edited by pataburd - 8/19/14 at 8:17am
post #5800 of 5883
Hmph, same here!
post #5801 of 5883

MIKROS-wardance everybody...at least for a day, 

then off to our other trains. lolz

 

 

 

bought a doz of tubes all of a sudden,

it is a kind of seasonal fever..

i dun need them but they kept hounding me in the nite.

post #5802 of 5883

I have tried and/or bought quite a number of headphones over the last several months, the Mikros 90 is still my favorite headphone.  :)

post #5803 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

MIKROS-wardance everybody...at least for a day, 
then off to our other trains. lolz

Are you suggesting that I take off these M500's from my head while listening to trance??? You are???

Ok, done. Mikros 90's and trance ain't such a bad thang either :-)
post #5804 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post


Are you suggesting that I take off these M500's from my head while listening to trance??? You are???

Ok, done. Mikros 90's and trance ain't such a bad thang either :-)

M500s?

You still listening to those things?

post #5805 of 5883

my latest toy is the DT150...this can rocks for classicals.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones