Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 335

post #5011 of 5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MartinLogan-Mikros-90-Reference-On-Ear-Headphones-Black-/141257439205

 

anyone feeling lucky on easter?? make a bid

 

 

You make a bid.  You know you want another pair (admit it).

post #5012 of 5892

bz modding my dt770 using my Mikros recipe...sounds amayyyyzing. 

the drivers were revvverrbbberatinggg to the music of THE LAST SAMURAI.

 


Edited by Lorspeaker - 4/21/14 at 6:00pm
post #5013 of 5892
Sorry, im a bit too lazy... But can someone please direct me to the mod post? Thanks wink.gif
post #5014 of 5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post

Sorry, im a bit too lazy... But can someone please direct me to the mod post? Thanks wink.gif

post #1804

 

try this, n modify to your taste

post #5015 of 5892
My pair came in earlier today. Initial listening and I am impressed how the detail of the headphones gives such a natural 3D effect. Transients like pick use with a guitar are phenomenal. The bass is very extended with wonderful texture. I am flummoxed that anyone would say they are too light in the bass department. Now to fully burn them in.

I sent a pair to a family member as a gift. I am seriously considering buying a back up pair. But I have my Onkyos and they sound mighty fine...
Edited by H T T - 4/22/14 at 2:09pm
post #5016 of 5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by H T T View Post

My pair came in earlier today. Initial listening and I am impressed how the detail of the headphones gives such a natural 3D effect. Transients like pick use with a guitar are phenomenal. The bass is very extended with wonderful texture. I am flummoxed that anyone would say they are too light in the bass department. Now to fully burn them in.

I sent a pair to a family member as a gift. I am seriously considering buying a back up pair. But I have my Onkyos and they sound mighty fine...

 

Congratulation...glad you like them.

post #5017 of 5892
Give a comparison to the oinkyo when u r ready :-)
post #5018 of 5892
After being away from the mikros for a week,
Having tested half a dozen cans n some iems...
Can't help appreciating how good this mikros is.
For less than 80 bucks?
:-)

The hype train is under going servicing, enjoy the break:-)
Edited by Lorspeaker - 4/23/14 at 3:52am
post #5019 of 5892

After a few weeks, I have hooked up the beta 22 amp again.

I think i like this amp better than the Lehmann BCL.  The beta sounds more "natural" tonally, and there is generally better "bloom" and musical "presence".

Surprisingly, I am now enjoying the Mikros 90 with the beta 22--break-in, maybe [who knows?

I listened to all of my up-and-running pairs with the beta last night: bhazard Stock, second Stock, MikrosHypedBass Mod and SPACEY Mod.  They all sounded great.  I still prefer the SPACEY Mod overall.

Almost bought the AKG K550 on a whim.  Not sure how they would pair with any of the available amps, though.

post #5020 of 5892

cool neutrality aint all that fun huh...? u prefer natural musicality? 

i was auditioning the DT150, it has this cool dark neutrality that i tot has it's own seductiveness.

The BCL will click into it's place one day when u are in a sombre mood :P

post #5021 of 5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

After a few weeks, I have hooked up the beta 22 amp again.

I think i like this amp better than the Lehmann BCL.  The beta sounds more "natural" tonally, and there is generally better "bloom" and musical "presence".

Surprisingly, I am now enjoying the Mikros 90 with the beta 22--break-in, maybe [who knows?

I listened to all of my up-and-running pairs with the beta last night: bhazard Stock, second Stock, MikrosHypedBass Mod and SPACEY Mod.  They all sounded great.  I still prefer the SPACEY Mod overall.

Almost bought the AKG K550 on a whim.  Not sure how they would pair with any of the available amps, though.

 

The K550s are really good.  They are similar to the Mikros, but the K550's sound stage is much bigger. 

 

Give them a try...

post #5022 of 5892
K550 has a peak somewhere in somewhere tat makes vocals a razor..:-)
Classical is fine. (...on my setup then)
post #5023 of 5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

cool neutrality aint all that fun huh...? u prefer natural musicality? 

i was auditioning the DT150, it has this cool dark neutrality that i tot has it's own seductiveness.

The BCL will click into it's place one day when u are in a sombre mood :P

I still prefer the hybrid Bada PH-12 [that Fitz fixed up for me], even to the beta 22.

Almost had a third go-around with the HD650 to mate with either the Lehmann or the beta [or the Bada--but I already know from past experience that the HD650 sound exceptional with the Bada].

The BCL works well as a preamp, I think. 

post #5024 of 5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

K550 has a peak somewhere in somewhere tat makes vocals a razor..:-)
Classical is fine. (...on my setup then)

That's what drove me to relinquish the K701.

post #5025 of 5892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

After being away from the mikros for a week,
Having tested half a dozen cans n some iems...
Can't help appreciating how good this mikros is.
For less than 80 bucks?
:-)

The hype train is under going servicing, enjoy the break:-)

 

That was a good public service announcement! And I concur. I spend time with my other headphones and iems, but I am always happy to come back home to the mikros - they never disappoint!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones