or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 322

post #4816 of 6488

 

Goodjob SF...  put on your wateverMikros...and enjoy the shakkkkkking ! 

post #4817 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

Hey guys I know I have been absent from this thread for about 36pages lol..
But I like to share some usefull info...

I have been informed by a fellow modder a short time ago,
that "wool" is better than both fiberglass and cotton for sound properties in modding...

So I been looking around and came up with a great idea...
I have been cultivating some fresh white padding material that has very waterproof and insulating properties,
Very organic white "down"...

Take a look, see:


I will be shaving all this "sheeplike" white material off this week(!)

It is ready, due to what I would call, "natural knots" deep in the down material..

It will have excellent absorbtive properties!

So anyone want some, I should have enough material for about a hundred Mikros90..
Just PM me smily_headphones1.gif

Will you be including the fleas, or is that going to be extra? tongue.gif
post #4818 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

Will you be including the fleas, or is that going to be extra? tongue.gif
Oh!, Sorry there will be no live cultures involved.
All dead material to deaden the sound..
post #4819 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

Hey guys I know I have been absent from this thread for about 36pages lol..
But I like to share some usefull info...

I have been informed by a fellow modder a short time ago,
that "wool" is better than both fiberglass and cotton for sound properties in modding...

So I been looking around and came up with a great idea...
I have been cultivating some fresh white padding material that has very waterproof and insulating properties,
Very organic white "down"...

Take a look, see:


I will be shaving all this "sheeplike" white material off this week(!)

It is ready, due to what I would call, "natural knots" deep in the down material..

It will have excellent absorbtive properties!

So anyone want some, I should have enough material for about a hundred Mikros90..
Just PM me smily_headphones1.gif


^

... promise me no animals were harmed as the result of your mods. :triportsad:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

.... you for serious???

 

post #4820 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


Oh!, Sorry there will be no live cultures involved.
All dead material to deaden the sound..

 

 

 

pick your spot :P

post #4821 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehepro View Post
 

hahaha just found out the cable connected to the headphone was a bit dodge,when i push it fully in i only get sound on the leftside, but at 75% both side works, anyone else have the same problem? 

 

I've actually reported this problem as well (both in this forum and to Martin Logan themselves). The answer I received from the company was: "It sounds as though there may be an actual problem or short in your original cable. "

 

Anyway, a new cable is on its way. Great customer service experience.   

post #4822 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by niron View Post

I've actually reported this problem as well (both in this forum and to Martin Logan themselves). The answer I received from the company was: "It sounds as though there may be an actual problem or short in your original cable. "

Anyway, a new cable is on its way. Great customer service experience.   

Tell me how it goes, it's fine now plugged it in my iPad, I don't know if I can be bothered to call up customer service tho ( I'm in Australia )
post #4823 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehepro View Post


Tell me how it goes, it's fine now plugged it in my iPad, I don't know if I can be bothered to call up customer service tho ( I'm in Australia )

 

I emailed them :)

 

It works fine with iPod/iPad/iPhone devices, but sounds recessed and somewhat muffled whenever connected to pretty much everything else. To get it work the way it should, I had to push the microphone button (the mid-button on the remote). When I used about %50-%70 of the jack it was "fine" but felt really loose. 


Edited by niron - 4/8/14 at 12:53am
post #4824 of 6488
I will see tongue.gif my iPad is mainly where I play my music anyway so I'm not too worried ahhaha.
post #4825 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by niron View Post
 

 

I emailed them :)

 

It works fine with iPod/iPad/iPhone devices, but sounds recessed and somewhat muffled whenever connected to pretty much everything else. To get it work the way it should, I had to push the microphone button (the mid-button on the remote). When I used about %50-%70 of the jack it was "fine" but felt really loose. 

It has to do with devices that don't support a 3 point jack connector I think...

 

I have this on my amp (or possibly just my 6.3 to 3.5 adapter) on all my 3 point jack headphones. that is why 75% in semi works, it is because when you fully insert, you actually just have 1 of 2 headphone connectors contacting and 1 mic connector. Same thing happens when you insert a similar cable into most airplanes, as they don't support this either. This can possibly be fixed with an adaptor and definitely fixed by buying a splitter that splits the headphone output and the mic output up :)

 

Don't flame too much if I'm completely wrong, I don't have other science to back me up than personal experience and some good or bad logic :D:D

post #4826 of 6488
@Zombywoof: it took me some time to put the pads on (without the plastic plate of course). Very tight fit that took some stretching.

Impressions: the soundstage gets larger but not in a good way. The bass boosts, and the mids are recessed. Not a fan of it. It takes me out of the music.
post #4827 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ Should have just sent it without tracking and pocket the $15 for my self. hoho :veryevil:

 

Can't believe they charge an extra $15 just for lamo international tracking, and the dood got his set in already but tracking only show it has left LA international airport with no follow up. LMAO

 

Anywho here is half of the threads mods all listed by poster name.....

 

Inner Sonic Mods:


http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/1515#post_10272835

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/1620#post_10277566

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/1665#post_10280197

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/1725#post_10282712

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/1740#post_10283385

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/1785#post_10285535

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/1800#post_10285928

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/1800#post_10285994

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/1815#post_10286249

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/1830#post_10287214

 

Inner Mod impressions


@Maxx134

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/1950#post_10291560

 

@Lorspeaker

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/1965#post_10291830

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/2340#post_10309135

 

@pataburd

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/2325#post_10308769

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/2325#post_10308864

 

Pad mods


@Maxx134

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/1980#post_10292124

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/1995#post_10292210

 

@Lorspeaker

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/2070#post_10295938

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/2160#post_10300537

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/2175#post_10303085

 

@FajroMangxanto

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/2325#post_10308321

 

Inner Mods


@Lorspeaker

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/2400#post_10311462

 

Slacker...it was about time.  :beerchug:

 

No love for other headphones allowed.  :mad:

post #4828 of 6488

We all search for the Holy Grail of Bargains.  It's a wonderful thing about this hobby where music is part of your life.  Found a special not to long ago that IMO was a find.....Noontec Hammo, 50mm drivers, most comfortable over ear with case and folds up compact.  Just paired it with a Fiio X5/E12 combo and its wonderful. 

post #4829 of 6488

http://www.amazon.com/Noontec-HAMMO-BLK-Headphones-Advanced-Technique/dp/B00DTWNU8A

 

if it goes below 50bucks...i might do some transplantation on its carcass.  :P

post #4830 of 6488
Quote:
 if it goes below 50bucks...i might do some transplantation on its carcass.  :P

$73 for the blue Hammo on Amazon is a good price.  I  haven't seen it below $80 and I bought mine on Tanga a few months ago when there were only 2 colors available.  Amazon US is better than Tanga's price right now.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones