or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 302

post #4516 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by robakri View Post

Which is cheaper than probably half this thread got them for...

Yeah, I'm very happy with that price. Just waiting for some nice US headfier to help me out! ;p
post #4517 of 6488

todate on headfi....i had a fiasco from turkey.... but never missed a parcel from the US of A.......yet. 

But weather had been cranky lately...snow...flood...manSINKhole...humpfff.

 

Handmade Software, Inc. Image Alchemy v1.14


Edited by Lorspeaker - 3/31/14 at 6:02am
post #4518 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post


I think it's all part of the show. To paraphrase Epicletus, "You can't go to the bath-house and expect not to be splashed."

You reminded me of this quote (from the eminent French mathematician):

 

Bless yourself with holy water, have Masses said, and so on; by a simple and natural process this will make you believe, and will dull you — will quiet your proudly critical intellect.


Blaise Pascal


Edited by pataburd - 3/31/14 at 6:34am
post #4519 of 6488

This is the quote I just got for a 2.5 pound package, valued at $100 USD to AUS:

Note that insurance is not listed under "Extra Services".

 

Extra Services
Display as a Print Friendly page.

First-Class Package International, Parcel, weight 2 lb 8 oz (1.134 kg) to Australia

Extra Services Price Online Price
Certificate of MailingMore info about Certificate of Mailing
$1.30 Not available
Registered Mail™More info about Registered Mail™
$13.65 Not available
Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation InternationalMore info about Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International
Not available No charge
First-Class Package International Service™ $27.85 $25.07
Your Total $27.85 $25.07
 

 

So, we are looking at $81.85.

post #4520 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

todate on headfi....i had a fiasco from turkey.... but never missed a parcel from the US of A.......yet. 

But weather had been cranky lately...snow...flood...manSINKhole...humpfff.

 

Handmade Software, Inc. Image Alchemy v1.14

Lost a package shipped to GA last year [a pair of customized/recabled ATH-AD700].  Sent with Delivery Confirmation [DC], but no insurance [sigh!].  

 

USPS could not locate the package, even with DC--and the guy I called didn't really seem to give a darn that the US Postal Service had messed up, either.  

 

More like:

 

 

USPS lost any credibility they might have had with me up to that point.  

 

But, for International shipping, and certain package sizes/weights stateside, though, they are still the most reasonable.


Edited by pataburd - 3/31/14 at 6:30am
post #4521 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

Are u at the Vatican?

Wow new toys arriving your way,
I might want a cheapppp gud portable amp for my new android fone,
Dun see how I can connect an external dac.
:-):-)

No.  Not at the Vatican [haven't been there since Blessed John Paul II was Pontifex Maximus].

Have been very ill, for the first time in many years.

Illness: that distinct whiff of incontrovertible mortality.

post #4522 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

This is the quote I just got for a 2.5 pound package, valued at $100 USD to AUS:

Note that insurance is not listed under "Extra Services".

 

Extra Services
Display as a Print Friendly page.

First-Class Package International, Parcel, weight 2 lb 8 oz (1.134 kg) to Australia

Extra Services Price Online Price
Certificate of MailingMore info about Certificate of Mailing
$1.30 Not available
Registered Mail™More info about Registered Mail™
$13.65 Not available
Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation InternationalMore info about Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International
Not available No charge
First-Class Package International Service™ $27.85 $25.07
Your Total $27.85 $25.07
 

 

So, we are looking at $81.85.

 

WOW good price...my first can cost me ...wayyyyyyyyy more. 

 

And i gotten my d7000 on usps firstclass NAKED...purely out of innocence ...of a perfect world.

post #4523 of 6488
Bought Beats pads and QC3 pads. We'll see.
post #4524 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

Bought Beats pads and QC3 pads. We'll see.

Keep us posted, Trunksey.

I might try to mod/supplant the stock pads later.

post #4525 of 6488

So far I'm VERY pleased with my new pair of Martin Logan Mikros. Definitely my go-to headphones on-the-go: Amazing mid-range, highs and clarity. Brilliant separation with very accurate bass and tonality.

 

One issue that I'm having, though, is with the stock cable. Since this is an iphone compatible cable, the included remote is causing me some troubles. I'm playing my music through a Cowon device and apparently, it seems I can't make the sound work properly, unless I'm pushing the middle rounded button. I believe this is the mic, No? If I don't keep pushing it, the music will sound very recessed. However, when I do, this is where the things will start to open up a lot. Obviously, I can't keep pushing it all the time.

 

Anyone else got to deal with this problem? Any valid solution other than replacing the cable?


Edited by niron - 3/31/14 at 7:18am
post #4526 of 6488

have u tried inserting the jack about 80 to 90 % into the amp? see if u can get a full connect tat way

post #4527 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by niron View Post
 

So far I'm VERY pleased with my new pair of Martin Logan Mikros. Definitely my go-to headphones on-the-go: Amazing mid-range, highs and clarity. Brilliant separation with very accurate bass and tonality.

 

One issue that I'm having, though, is with the stock cable. Since this is an iphone compatible cable, the included remote is causing me some troubles. I'm playing my music through a Cowon device and apparently, it seems I can't make the sound work properly, unless I'm pushing the middle rounded button. I believe this is the mic, No? If I don't keep pushing it, the music will sound very recessed. However, when I do, this is where the things will start to open up a lot. Obviously, I can't keep pushing it all the time.

 

Anyone else got to deal with this problem? Any valid solution other than replacing the cable?

niron,

Had the same problem.

Inserted the stock cable jack into a 4-pole female plug [on my PC].  It worked fine.

Afterward, stock cable worked fine with 3-pole female plug to my headphone amp.

Go figure.

"Partial insertion" works, too, but the connection can be tenuous.


Edited by pataburd - 3/31/14 at 7:29am
post #4528 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

have u tried inserting the jack about 80 to 90 % into the amp? see if u can get a full connect tat way

 

Holy crap! It works, but only when I push the jack in at around 50% -- Thanks Lorspeaker, it's better than what I have now. Not sure this is the best solution for the long term, but for now it definitely is.  

post #4529 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post


Yeah, I'm very happy with that price. Just waiting for some nice US headfier to help me out! ;p

You've got the quote, Mate.

Your Mikros HYPE Customer Service Team is standing by.

As long as the Shell-Shocker supplies hold up [and the trollsaction fees stay down].

Caveat Emptor: You assume ALL Risks for USPS uninsured First Class International shipping.  [Package trackable with US Customs Declaration Number.]

:smile_phones: 


Edited by pataburd - 3/31/14 at 9:18am
post #4530 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

niron,

Had the same problem.

Inserted the stock cable jack into a 4-pole female plug [on my PC].  It worked fine.

Afterward, stock cable worked fine with 3-pole female plug to my headphone amp.

Go figure.

 

Just tried my PC. Works great at 70/80% but not when I push it all the way in. Weird, but am finally enjoying them without pushing this damn mic. 


Edited by niron - 3/31/14 at 7:33am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones