or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 301

post #4501 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

USPS first class..no insurance no tracking....risk is all on the buyer , type of shipment I think.biggrin.gif

You can add insurance. (I would.)
post #4502 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post


Can anyone in the USA order one and ship to me in Australia? I'll pay you via PayPal got the 54 USD + shipping cost..

I'm SERIOUS guys.. Anyone willing to help a fellow headfier out?

Thanks and pm me


I checked the US Postal Service web site and it would appear that the least expensive option is a First Class Package International service...US to Australia...$35-$40 for a 4 lb package (I guessed, but 4 lbs is the max for this service).  It is hard to tell if this price includes insurance but it may since they ask the value of the contents.  Also requires a customs form to be completed.  Doesn't look like a very good option.  Good luck. 

post #4503 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
 


I checked the US Postal Service web site and it would appear that the least expensive option is a First Class Package International service...US to Australia...$35-$40 for a 4 lb package (I guessed, but 4 lbs is the max for this service).  It is hard to tell if this price includes insurance but it may since they ask the value of the contents.  Also requires a customs form to be completed.  Doesn't look like a very good option.  Good luck. 


^ yeppp from personal experience that seems about right, cuz it already cost like $30 something just to ship something to Canada from the US, but that is with 6-10 days priority mail though, and the tracking number on the customs from seems to work flawlessly with the Canadian postage services as well.

 

Not sure about other countries that are farther away and if the tracking features still works or not though.

post #4504 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ yeppp from personal experience that seems about right, cuz it already cost like $30 something just to ship something to Canada from the US, but that is with 6-10 days priority mail though, and the tracking number on the customs from seems to work flawlessly with the Canadian postage services as well.

 

Not sure about other countries that are farther away and if the tracking features still works or not though.


I ship and receive samples of similar weight (2-4 lbs) to Tasmania from the office pretty frequently, and an express package (2-5 days) with insurance and tracking is $80-$110 depend in which service I use (Fed Ex, DHL, etc.).  So, yeah, this USPS rate seems about right.  I wouldn't expect better than 10 days, though, for the transit time.

post #4505 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post


You can add insurance. (I would.)

Not always with USPS First Class International.  Depends on the country of destination.  When shipping to Israel, for example, insured First Class shipping is not pssible.

post #4506 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Not always with USPS First Class International.  Depends on the country of destination.  When shipping to Israel, for example, insured First Class shipping is not pssible.


^ insurance for a $50 set of cans??? :rolleyes:

 

The cost of the insurance will probably cost more. LoL

post #4507 of 6486
post #4508 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post


Can anyone in the USA order one and ship to me in Australia? I'll pay you via PayPal got the 54 USD + shipping cost..

I'm SERIOUS guys.. Anyone willing to help a fellow headfier out?

Thanks and pm me


I got distracted working on something else around the house and forgot to buy them; I wonder how they keep coming up with new product to sell. 

post #4509 of 6486
Dang... Didn't think postage would be that high... Nevermind then...
post #4510 of 6486

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post

Dang... Didn't think postage would be that high... Nevermind then...

 

pull down the menu...and choose firstclass u will see this..

 

 

First-Class Package International Service™**

Expected Delivery Date:
Varies by destination
Price: $16.75
Online Price: $15.08

Value of contents can not exceed $400.00

Other than rolls: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"
Rolls: Max. length 36". Max length and twice the diameter combined 42"

 

 

 

==================================================

usps firstclass cheaper, no?


Edited by Lorspeaker - 3/31/14 at 5:20am
post #4511 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post


usps firstclass cheaper, no?

So 54+16=70 USD in total shipped to me?
post #4512 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post


So 54+16=70 USD in total shipped to me?

...plus starbucks breakfast + taxi fare to n fro postoffice + waiting time x  "X" per hour + packaging box + wrappingtape  

that would be a grand total of....

 

where is sfwalcer....???  

post #4513 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post


So 54+16=70 USD in total shipped to me?

Which is cheaper than probably half this thread got them for...

post #4514 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post

Dang... Didn't think postage would be that high... Nevermind then...

They [NewEgg Shell Shocker] would be about $100 80/shipped USPS, I would guess.  Still a very good deal for the Mikros 90 IMHO.  


Edited by pataburd - 3/31/14 at 6:05am
post #4515 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ insurance for a $50 set of cans??? :rolleyes:

 

The cost of the insurance will probably cost more. LoL

Not that much.

I have had USPS lose my [uninsured--sigh!] shipments before.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones