or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 278

post #4156 of 6492
My top eartip to eartip over the head.. is 13inches...reckon if yours is 12inch n less..then u will get a good fit on the CL.tongue.gif
Edited by Lorspeaker - 3/21/14 at 6:50am
post #4157 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
 

Just curious...anybody know anything about Logitech UE 4000 on ears?  $30 on Amazon...discontinued.

its a popish on ear....for casual listening...reasonably passable if u are not scrutinising your music.

but if u are looking for seperation n textured bass then No.

post #4158 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post

Just curious...anybody know anything about Logitech UE 4000 on ears?  $30 on Amazon...discontinued.
I have the UE6000. Too dark sounding, just kind of boring. Complete opposite of the Mikros/Grados.
post #4159 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
 

Just curious...anybody know anything about Logitech UE 4000 on ears?  $30 on Amazon...discontinued

UE4000 should be hoarded like mikros... Then make a huge favor to the mankind and burn all the UE4000's in the backyard. Terrible one note bass...I'ts like a parody version Sony mdr-xb series.

post #4160 of 6492

please go and corkchopped your mikros...holed or unholed...crazycrazygud.

post #4161 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

please go and corkchopped your mikros...holed or unholed...crazycrazygud.

Lors,

bhazard's former pair of Mikros 90 have just found their calling!  : )

I will only use cork from wine bottled in the  Côtes-du-Rhône Valley, though.

Actually, bhazard's stock pair are opening up nicely.  He let these go about 30 hours too soon.  Poor kid.

May do an intermediate stock v. stock a/b using this pair and another with about the same number of hours logged.

post #4162 of 6492

Hey Guys!

Hook your Mikros 90 up with your best gear, then we'll talk about TOTL competition.

Scale-Up, Baby!!

That's where the MLs leave their market "peers" in the proverbial dust.

post #4163 of 6492
Well said.
post #4164 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Lors,

bhazard's former pair of Mikros 90 have just found their calling!  : )

I will only use cork from wine bottled in the  Côtes-du-Rhône Valley, though.

Actually, bhazard's stock pair are opening up nicely.  He let these go about 30 hours too soon.  Poor kid.

May do an intermediate stock v. stock a/b using this pair and another with about the same number of hours logged.

 

gotta harvest from a few bottles of this glorious sheerahhh  to get enuf for my next half dozen mikros. :beerchug:

post #4165 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beocord View Post
 

UE4000 should be hoarded like mikros... Then make a huge favor to the mankind and burn all the UE4000's in the backyard. Terrible one note bass...I'ts like a parody version Sony mdr-xb series.


So, now tell us how you really feel about the UE 4000.

post #4166 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post


I have the UE6000. Too dark sounding, just kind of boring. Complete opposite of the Mikros/Grados.


I though it might be worth asking the question.  A lot of folks like the UE IEM's.  I have never had an opportunity to listen to any of their products.

post #4167 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
 


I though it might be worth asking the question.  A lot of folks like the UE IEM's.  I have never had an opportunity to listen to any of their products.

I owned and enjoyed the UE Super-fi 5Pro awhile back [w/the "flipside" mod).  They made a nice match at the time with my Meier Headfive.  More comfortable and easier to get a consistently good fit than my ER-4S.  Fun-sounding [not like the ER-4S, which were pretty neutral].


Edited by pataburd - 3/21/14 at 5:22pm
post #4168 of 6492
OK got the Mikros 90 and was mostly enjoying them but struggling a bit. Then grabbed my android cable from my M80's and HOLY CRAP did it change the sound off my phone!! Much better sounding more open and less restrained feeling.

Comfort is a bit better than I was afraid of. I have been wearing these for about an hour and half so far and only felt pain a few times. But I will always prefer over ear to in ear.

Isolation seems better than my K545. But the K545 goes deeper and is more pleasing in the bass. But I have a feeling the Mikros may have more detail or is at least a bit brighter making thetreble feel more detailed.

I think the Mikros are a killer deal for the US right now and even a good deal for Canadians from NewEgg Canada at $89. But the M80 cables improved it immensely as compared to the original cable so that also needs to be taken into consideration.
post #4169 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

OK got the Mikros 90 and was mostly enjoying them but struggling a bit. Then grabbed my android cable from my M80's and HOLY CRAP did it change the sound off my phone!! Much better sounding more open and less restrained feeling.

Comfort is a bit better than I was afraid of. I have been wearing these for about an hour and half so far and only felt pain a few times. But I will always prefer over ear to in ear.

Isolation seems better than my K545. But the K545 goes deeper and is more pleasing in the bass. But I have a feeling the Mikros may have more detail or is at least a bit brighter making thetreble feel more detailed.

I think the Mikros are a killer deal for the US right now and even a good deal for Canadians from NewEgg Canada at $89. But the M80 cables improved it immensely as compared to the original cable so that also needs to be taken into consideration.


^ Give them some time with proper burn-in/ break in cuz going back to the stock cable might surprise you after a good ol' fashion beat down. ;)

 

The effects of the V-Moda cable has already been documented here in this thread, and your findings is pretty similar ours. They make these Logans sound more "airy" is the best way to describe it.

 

Enjoy!!!

post #4170 of 6492
Since I am an android user I will probably only use the M80 cable anyway.

Really like their case BTW, the whole package is extremely posh. Unless they start to really bother my ears I think these will definitely be keepers. I can now comfortably ship my K545 to MH so he can review them in his portable shoot out.

Jazz sounds very nice on these BTW smily_headphones1.gif.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones