or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 268

post #4006 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post


Has anybody tried the HD25 or Amperior  pads?  These might work.
yes from my memory they seemed same size..hmmm
post #4007 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post


Hell no! The 1r looks to good to ruin. Now I might try the citiscape uptown's pads, or DT250 velour pads.

^ Welp you can always ASK Sony if they sell the pads individually no???

 

Sam goes for all most replaceable pads.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 


Has anybody tried the HD25 or Amperior  pads?  These might work.

 

^ ehhh but isn't the whole purpose of the mod is to get them to have bigger dougnut holes so they fit like full-size over the ears cans cuz bigger size pads increases the overall comfort vs. on-ears pads???

 

Think A LOT of the on-ear pads that are used for other cans might fit these Logans but that doesn't really increase the comfort for me since it's still on-ears. LoL

post #4008 of 6486

those uptown pads need to be rippppppppped off..its glued on i believe..unless u gotten the earliest version..?

 

==================

 

hey guys...if u are still using the stockpads...and u feel the pain of the clamp on your ears...

do this...if u are at home...

 

take two NEW kitchen sponge...double fold it if u must,

and slip it just above the cups between the frame n your skull.

 

BIG relief :P

 

==================

 

i am having a crazy time listening to 2012 soundtrack on the moddedMikros...

the drivers are shaking...pulverising the buildings...breaking those roads. arrghhhhh.

could easily passed off as an LCD2 on silver cable .

( the beauty of it all.....it is off an IPAD. :P dammmmmmmm..this is FUN !! )

 

==================

 

recently heard the Amperior again...tot the BASS wasnt textured enough...did i get it correct? 

mids n highs sounded quite like the Mikros.


Edited by Lorspeaker - 3/18/14 at 6:03pm
post #4009 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post


Has anybody tried the HD25 or Amperior  pads?  These might work.

I have a pair of HD25 velours somewhere, but I think the ear hole will be too small. I'll try my Shure velours (because I've already cut off the dust covers) when I get them back some time next week.
post #4010 of 6486

My pair just arrived today!

 

impressions:

The clamp force is pretty tight, yeah. It's not uncomfortable though. I've been wearing mine for an hour or two already (but maybe I just have a small head? And maybe my head's built resistance from having v-moda m-80's on them, also). I can always feel the headphones there though.

 

I haven't burned them in yet, so i won't write anything about the sound... but its not like im really qualified to write about sound anyway. :p 

 

The right cup won't retract as far as the left one will,  I think i read one of lorspeaker's many pairs has this same issue. There's also less resistance when rotating it, and it rotates less smoothly.

 

Somehow, when the headphones are on my head, the right cup creates what seems like an iem kind of seal for me... I can feel the air resistance when putting on and taking off the cup... i can even hear the driver flex when pushing on the cup. the music sound is fuller. The left cup won't do it though, no matter how I position it.

 

Edit: The fabric near the top of the right cup is stretched and you can see the lines. The stitching is also looser than it is on the left cup. But at least there isn't a big hole on the bottom of the right cup, like there is on the left!

 

I kind of want to return these and get a new pair, but honestly only just because i got them at $70 and theyre now selling for $60...


Edited by poopsockk - 3/18/14 at 6:22pm
post #4011 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

those uptown pads need to be rippppppppped off..its glued on i believe..unless u gotten the earliest version..?

==================

hey guys...if u are still using the stockpads...and u feel the pain of the clamp on your ears...
do this...if u are at home...

take two NEW kitchen sponge...double fold it if u must,
and slip it just above the cups between the frame n your skull.

BIG relief :P

==================

i am having a crazy time listening to 2012 soundtrack on the moddedMikros...
the drivers are shaking...pulverising the buildings...breaking those roads. arrghhhhh.
could easily passed off as an LCD2 on silver cable .
( the beauty of it all.....it is off an IPAD. :P dammmmmmmm..this is FUN !! )

==================

recently heard the Amperior again...tot the BASS wasnt textured enough...did i get it correct? 
mids n highs sounded quite like the Mikros.
No I remove them all the time. Just need to remove the screws.
post #4012 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopsockk View Post

My pair just arrived today!

impressions:
The clamp force is pretty tight, yeah. It's not uncomfortable though. I've been wearing mine for an hour or two already (but maybe I just have a small head? And maybe my head's built resistance from having v-moda m-80's on them, also). I can always feel the headphones there though.

I haven't burned them in yet, so i won't write anything about the sound... but its not like im really qualified to write about sound anyway. tongue.gif  

The right cup won't retract as far as the left one will,  I think i read one of lorspeaker's many pairs has this same issue. There's also less resistance when rotating it, and it rotates less smoothly.

Somehow, when the headphones are on my head, the right cup creates what seems like an iem kind of seal for me... I can feel the air resistance when putting on and taking off the cup... i can even hear the driver flex when pushing on the cup. the music sound is fuller. The left cup won't do it though, no matter how I position it.
My left goes just as far but is pulled back by some force (elastic?). Stays while on my head though.
post #4013 of 6486
The nice soft cheapo white beats solo HD pads ripped on me...
So I am down to one pad and deflated stock(!) Loll..
Had to look elsewhere..


ENTER LAMBSKIN MOD:



So now I'm with the ultra plush lambskin rare esw10 pads which are a perfect snug fit not tight and FEEL great with the Mikros..
Edit:
They don't slide around or move on you so this is what we need as the cups have too much swivel play and can slide forward which causes a narrow sweet spot on stock pads...Eliminated!

BUT we still need a chepo pad replacement(!),,
As I don't see people here spending $40 on pads loll.



Also..
My "ambient dispersal mod"
is coming along nicely and very banlanced but I need more tweak before spilling da beans on you all, wink.gif
Edited by Maxx134 - 3/18/14 at 6:30pm
post #4014 of 6486

esw10lambs.....ya baby...thats the one....lambbbbbbb....small lamb.....small lamb...everybody says....small lambs.

post #4015 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post



ENTER LAMBSKIN MOD:



So now I'm with the ultra plush lambskin rare esw10 pads which are a perfect snug fit not tight and FEEL great with the Mikros..
 

 

Now that's my kind of mod.  

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


BUT we still need a chepo pad replacement(!),,
As I don't see people here spending $40 on pads loll.
 

 

Well, you see wrong.  Do you know where to get them?

post #4016 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post


No I remove them all the time. Just need to remove the screws.

 

what screws?? u have screws on philips uptown??? must be a prototype...lolz

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopsockk View Post
 

My pair just arrived today!

 

impressions:

The clamp force is pretty tight, yeah. It's not uncomfortable though. I've been wearing mine for an hour or two already (but maybe I just have a small head? And maybe my head's built resistance from having v-moda m-80's on them, also). I can always feel the headphones there though.

 

I haven't burned them in yet, so i won't write anything about the sound... but its not like im really qualified to write about sound anyway. :p 

 

The right cup won't retract as far as the left one will,  I think i read one of lorspeaker's many pairs has this same issue. There's also less resistance when rotating it, and it rotates less smoothly.

 

Somehow, when the headphones are on my head, the right cup creates what seems like an iem kind of seal for me... I can feel the air resistance when putting on and taking off the cup... i can even hear the driver flex when pushing on the cup. the music sound is fuller. The left cup won't do it though, no matter how I position it.

 

Edit: The fabric near the top of the right cup is stretched and you can see the lines. The stitching is also looser than it is on the left cup. But at least there isn't a big hole on the bottom of the right cup, like there is on the left!

 

I kind of want to return these and get a new pair, but honestly only just because i got them at $70 and theyre now selling for $60...

 

i only have ONE OTHER pair...swear i only hoarded ONE OTHER ....somebody come an audit my warehouse...somebody...i didnt buy the truckload..YET !!

 

And whats happening to the "fabric"..what fabric? can u take a picture...lets examine this other prototype of yours.. :P

post #4017 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

esw10lambs.....ya baby...thats the one....lambbbbbbb....small lamb.....small lamb...everybody says....small lambs.

 

Lamb to the Slaughter...in the name of the Mikros.

post #4018 of 6486

I found the ESW10 pads...for $48.

 

Hmm...new pair of Mikros 90s...or ESW10 pads????  :confused_face_2:

post #4019 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopsockk View Post

My pair just arrived today!

Somehow, when the headphones are on my head, the right cup creates what seems like an iem kind of seal for me... I can feel the air resistance when putting on and taking off the cup... i can even hear the driver flex when pushing on the cup. the music sound is fuller. The left cup won't do it though, no matter how I position it.
The suction effect is because of the pad grip around the edge.
A normal headphone driver actually has felt covered "ports" all around it,
So there is no suction.
This unit is totally sealed front and back, with exception of... THE HOLE...
Edited by Maxx134 - 3/18/14 at 6:49pm
post #4020 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

Now that's my kind of mod.  






Well, you see wrong.  Do you know where to get them?

I will try my esw9 lambskin pads as they are cheaper..
Edit:
NOPE.. Loose and duller(!)
Edited by Maxx134 - 3/18/14 at 7:43pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones