or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 267

post #3991 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

 

u thinking of putting these drivers into grado cups?  ;p


I't would propably end up having similarities to grado look. Those rings I plan on using are actually napkin holders. I don't know when I lost it but these days a lot of everyday objects have started to look like headphone parts :D

post #3992 of 6486
TrueblueHypeist...lolz
post #3993 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beocord View Post
 


I't would propably end up having similarities to grado look. Those rings I plan on using are actually napkin holders. I don't know when I lost it but these days a lot of everyday objects have started to look like headphone parts :D

post #3994 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post





K518dj pads:
Size jus slightly larger..enuf to drop off if i dun tape it
Its like a half cicumaural...back half of my ears sat within the pads...tongue.gif
Stopped the swivelling of the cups.
Soundwise..no deterioration..or" Lifted Off"...winks.

The pleather is quite thick n semi hard...not those soft thin peelable after a month type.
Not really comfy...tolerable. hope it softens abit after some break in.
Give it a shot if u are game to somehow tape it down.

edit : doublesidetaped the pads onto the plastic drivers.


^ HA!!! :tongue:

 

Check this boi!!!

 

Skullcandy Skullcrusher Bootleg??? Pads.

 

 

 

 

.... the foam driver protector is cut/ ripped off allowing the stock Logans pads to be exposed.

 

... like so

 

..... side view, notice the Skullcrusher pads wraps VERY loosely over the stock pads, that's cuz...

 

..... the Skullcrusher pads are stuck on with painters tape, which makes it markeless/ easily removable.

                    ( these are Fostex T50RP pads btw and is just for show and tell purposes )

 

.... any over-ear pads that ain't THAT big/ thick can be used really, but the Fostex T50RP pads are wayyy too stiff/ bag to put over the stock Logan pads. It gives you a good idea how it works. Basically it's pad over pad that is held in place by some painters tape. :)

 

......... the painters tape should go on the back of the top pads, on the very edges on each side which sticks onto the edges of the stock Logan pads. Fold the tape into a tube/roll so both sides are sticky for EXTREME noobs out there. LMAO (Two pieces of tape was suffice for me)

 

..... if the over-ear pads you have around is a bit big, you can sew each side of the pads up a bit.

 

..... pinch/ fold the very lip edges of the pads like so and stick a needle with some string into it. : P

 

..... another angle for a better idea.

 

... same difference, you get the idea.

 

... i only sewed one side of the Skullcrusher pads cuz they weren't that big so no need to waste time to do both side if it fits snug. 

 

It's as basic of a mod as it gets really. The result is a bigger/ clearer/ better "lifted" staging of the Logans stock sound without changing ANYTHING esle because the pads are no longer crazy compressed onto your ears as it was the case with the stock Logan pads. BUT the best thing is the improvements of the overall COMFORT, it's soooo much better than even my previous pad over pads cuz these Skullcrusher pads are much softer/ bigger than the other pads i was using. Can literally wear these for hours with zero discomfort/ soreness on the ears. WOOO!!!

 

Happy and safe modding kiddies!!!


Edited by sfwalcer - 3/18/14 at 4:00pm
post #3995 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ HA!!! :tongue:

 

Check this boi!!!

 

Skullcandy Skullcrusher Bootleg??? Pads.

 

 

... i only sewed one side of the Skullcrusher pads cuz they weren't that big so no need to waste time to do both side if it fits snug. 

 

It's as basic of a mod as it gets really. The result is a bigger/ clearer/ better "lifted" staging of the Logans stock sound without changing ANYTHING esle because the pads are no longer crazy compressed onto your ears as it was the case with the stock Logan pads. BUT the best thing is the improvements of the overall COMFORT, it's soooo much better than even my previous pad over pads cuz these Skullcrusher pads are much softer/ bigger than the other pads i was using. Can literally wear these for hours with zero discomfort/ soreness on the ears. WOOO!!!

 

Happy and safe modding kiddies!!!

 

Haha...that is one way to fit a square peg in a round hole.  :beerchug:

 

 

 

Seeing you are handy with a needle...I'll send you my socks for mending next week.

 

post #3996 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

 

Haha...that is one way to fit a square peg in a round hole.  :beerchug:

 

 

 

Seeing you are handy with a needle...I'll send you my socks for mending next week.

 


^ Comfort is SURPRISING AMAZING. LoL

 

And there is even improvement in sound as well due to less compression WIN WIN!!! :tongue:

 

Sure thang meng, just don't forget to send your Logans along with them stank socks of yours. You know what you be getting back though as token of my "mending" services. ;)

 

SOCK IT BOI!!! CUZ I IS JUST CRAFTY LIKE THAT. :cool:

post #3997 of 6486
The alphapads fit perfectly..butbi just didnt want to CUT a 60bucks SOFT LAMB skin pad....a month ago...
A month ago....a month ago...yawnzzz...going back to bed.

(Manzz this guy is clever......take my socks off to him..err mail to him..he CAN sew...BLUE thread.....!!!??)rolleyes.gif
post #3998 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

The alphapads fit perfectly..butbi just didnt want to CUT a 60bucks SOFT LAMB skin pad....a month ago...
A month ago....a month ago...yawnzzz...going back to bed.

(Manzz this guy is clever......take my socks off to him..err mail to him..he CAN sew...BLUE thread.....!!!??)rolleyes.gif

 

^ Hey meng you gots to look fly in whateves you do. ;)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Can't say the same for how these pad over pads look on ya' though. : P

 

Comfort comes 1st though, NOT SAFE FOR PORTABLE USE!!!

 

Unless you gots some REALLY sweet lookin' pads.:cool:

post #3999 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ HA!!! :tongue:

 

Check this boi!!!

 

Skullcandy Skullcrusher Bootleg??? Pads.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

.... the foam driver protector is cut/ ripped off allowing the stock Logans pads to be exposed.

 

... like so

 

..... side view, notice the Skullcrusher pads wraps VERY loosely over the stock pads, that's cuz...

 

..... the Skullcrusher pads are stuck on with painters tape, which makes it markeless/ easily removable.

                    ( these are Fostex T50RP pads btw and is just for show and tell purposes )

 

.... any over-ear pads that ain't THAT big/ thick can be used really, but the Fostex T50RP pads are wayyy too stiff/ bag to put over the stock Logan pads. It gives you a good idea how it works. Basically it's pad over pad that is held in place by some painters tape. :)

 

......... the painters tape should go on the back of the top pads, on the very edges on each side which sticks onto the edges of the stock Logan pads. Fold the tape into a tube/roll so both sides are sticky for EXTREME noobs out there. LMAO (Two pieces of tape was suffice for me)

 

..... if the over-ear pads you have around is a bit big, you can sew each side of the pads up a bit.

 

..... pinch/ fold the very lip edges of the pads like so and stick a needle with some string into it. : P

 

..... another angle for a better idea.

 

... same difference, you get the idea.

 

... i only sewed one side of the Skullcrusher pads cuz they weren't that big so no need to waste time to do both side if it fits snug. 

 

It's as basic of a mod as it gets really. The result is a bigger/ clearer/ better "lifted" staging of the Logans stock sound without changing ANYTHING esle because the pads are no longer crazy compressed onto your ears as it was the case with the stock Logan pads. BUT the best thing is the improvements of the overall COMFORT, it's soooo much better than even my previous pad over pads cuz these Skullcrusher pads are much softer/ bigger than the other pads i was using. Can literally wear these for hours with zero discomfort/ soreness on the ears. WOOO!!!

 

Happy and safe modding kiddies!!!

 

Nice franken-padding mods there! I've gotten to really like how the 90's feel on my ears (and how they sound when adjusted just right), and I have other super comfy headphones that I swap to when the need arises. But if I get the urge for ultra-comfy 90's, I know where to look. Good stuff!

:beerchug:

post #4000 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Nice franken-padding mods there! I've gotten to really like how the 90's feel on my ears (and how they sound when adjusted just right), and I have other super comfy headphones that I swap to when the need arises. But if I get the urge for ultra-comfy 90's, I know where to look. Good stuff!

:beerchug:


^ You know i was thinking if the Sony mdr-1r pads might fly with this mod, but it might be too big sadly.

 

Anyone that has a set and is willing to cannibalize them for modding these Logans??? :bigsmile_face:

 

.... D'YAM THESE PADS LOOKS COMFY!!! Too bad they ain't as good sounding as they look/comfort-wise, sigh. Sony is slipping BAD!!!

 

Pad harvesting pads from an ova' $200 set of cans for these lowly peon $60 Logans, DATS HOW WE DO!!! :cool:

 

Feel free to experiment with other pads folks and report back, cuz there are tons of over-ear pads options out there. :beerchug: 


Edited by sfwalcer - 3/18/14 at 5:08pm
post #4001 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

 

^ Hey meng you gots to look fly in whateves you do. ;)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Can't say the same for how these pad over pads look on ya' though. : P

 

Comfort comes 1st though, NOT SAFE FOR PORTABLE USE!!!

 

Unless you gots some REALLY sweet lookin' pads.:cool:

 

since u can sew....

 

can u just do this for me? 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #4002 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ You know i was thinking if the Sony mdr-1r pads might fly with this mod, but it might be too big sadly.

 

Anyone that has a set and is willing to cannibalize them for modding these Logans??? :bigsmile_face:

 

.... D'YAM THESE PADS LOOKS COMFY!!! Too bad they ain't as good sounding as they look/comfort-wise, sigh. Sony is slipping BAD!!!

 

Pad harvesting pads from an ova' $200 set of cans for these lowly peon $60 Logans, DATS HOW WE DO!!! :cool:

 

Feel free to experiment with other pads folks and report back, cuz there are tons of over-ear pads options out there. :beerchug: 

 

You can find bunch of inexpensive (around $5) pads from China on ebay.   I'm trying to figure out will fit the Mikros but it is hard to tell from the pictures.

post #4003 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

 

since u can sew....

 

can u just do this for me? 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


^ Why sure....... :happy_face1:

........... just promise you're gonna' wear them while you do your daily thang. :bigsmile_face:

 

DAT TOILET SWAG!!!

 

Oh you're such a queen Lors.

 

Or should i say Lors Da' Toilet queen instead. :p 

post #4004 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


^ You know i was thinking if the Sony mdr-1r pads might fly with this mod, but it might be too big sadly.

Anyone that has a set and is willing to cannibalize them for modding these Logans??? bigsmile_face.gif


.... D'YAM THESE PADS LOOKS COMFY!!! Too bad they ain't as good sounding as they look/comfort-wise, sigh. Sony is slipping BAD!!!

Pad harvesting pads from an ova' $200 set of cans for these lowly peon $60 Logans, DATS HOW WE DO!!! cool.gif

Feel free to experiment with other pads folks and report back, cuz there are tons of over-ear pads options out there. beerchug.gif  
Hell no! The 1r looks to good to ruin. Now I might try the citiscape uptown's pads, or DT250 velour pads.
post #4005 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post


Hell no! The 1r looks to good to ruin. Now I might try the citiscape uptown's pads, or DT250 velour pads.


Has anybody tried the HD25 or Amperior  pads?  These might work.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones