Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 264

post #3946 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post
 


Lol skullcandy. Tell me that was a joke.

I suppose now would be a good time to interject that I've only recently started looking into headphones. I'm doing my best here but I'm broke most of the time so I can hardly afford amps or overtly expensive headgear, and I don't have access to any stores where I could audition 'phones apart from my campus store (which carries overpriced junk) and best buy (which carries moderately priced junk and Sennheiser). Maybe it would be best for me to just say "thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I really like the headphones" and leave it at that.  

post #3947 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armillary View Post
 

I suppose now would be a good time to interject that I've only recently started looking into headphones. I'm doing my best here but I'm broke most of the time so I can hardly afford amps or overtly expensive headgear, and I don't have access to any stores where I could audition 'phones apart from my campus store (which carries overpriced junk) and best buy (which carries moderately priced junk and Sennheiser). Maybe it would be best for me to just say "thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I really like the headphones" and leave it at that.  

:beerchug:

post #3948 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armillary View Post
 

I suppose now would be a good time to interject that I've only recently started looking into headphones. I'm doing my best here but I'm broke most of the time so I can hardly afford amps or overtly expensive headgear, and I don't have access to any stores where I could audition 'phones apart from my campus store (which carries overpriced junk) and best buy (which carries moderately priced junk and Sennheiser). Maybe it would be best for me to just say "thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I really like the headphones" and leave it at that.  

 

 

You're being too kind. You could/should have just ripped him a new one. 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #3949 of 5883
post #3950 of 5883

Speaking of Newegg...these fine folks have sent Mikros to replace those lost/misplaced/stolen by the good ol' ever-so reliable USPS.  Newegg sent the replacement pair via UPS...can only be better, right?  I am very pleased with their service.  Pair #1 is nicely broken in at about 230 hours, so #2 will go in for break in and be ready for mods...nothing radical.  I am not ready to make sweeping changes to the SQ...I like the stock version...just a tweak...maybe see what I an do to take the edge of the highs...just a bit.

post #3951 of 5883
Canceled amazon and ordered from Newegg. Just don't think they will drop much lower than $60.99.
post #3952 of 5883

my k518 earpads are sittg in the local PO 

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/251271699972?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

 


Edited by Lorspeaker - 3/17/14 at 5:07pm
post #3953 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

my k518 earpads are sittg in the local PO 

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/251271699972?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649


Lors...really interested to know of the fit on these...keep us posted, will you?

post #3954 of 5883

Amazon 60.99 now.

post #3955 of 5883

someone in those two companies are trying to screw our minds....n drain our pockets,

LETs HOLD the FORT, keep your monies....

 

until...

 

 

 

its

 

 

 

 

50 :P

post #3956 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post

HOLD ON!!!

I have some REAL Lamb's Wool to try--LOTS of it, if you modders want to give it a whirl!!

That way you can stay both ORGANIC and GREEN.

ERIN GO BRAGH!!!

biggrin.gif  
OMG look at all this wool I have fresh grown!!


TIME TO CUT THAT HAIR!!
anybody need dog wool??!!
Woohoo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

Newegg 61.99 now!
Wooohoooo!
post #3957 of 5883

i swapped in corkchops onto the base of my two mikros...

got a crispier overall sound, i think am a liking it.

Cork is like an inbetween...a hardfelt n a softleather...harder to softer impact..

u can finetune to your taste n your gears.

 

post #3958 of 5883
I ordered a pair from Newegg Canada for $99 shipped. Not as good as the US price but good enough I decided to give them a try. I am hoping they will keep me from wanting the FXZ850 or SRH-1540 LOL.
post #3959 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

Amazon 60.99 now.

Showing up as $69.99 for me... But newegg has it at 60.99

post #3960 of 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

I ordered a pair from Newegg Canada for $99 shipped. Not as good as the US price but good enough I decided to give them a try. I am hoping they will keep me from wanting the FXZ850 or SRH-1540 LOL.

 

Nice.

 

Welcome to the nut house. 

 

Let us know what you think of them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones