or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 256

post #3826 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

 

What?  True modders don't use chopsticks.    Do you think MarkL and Mr. Speakers use chopsticks to mod their headphones? 

 

Send me your address so I can ship you an X-Acto knife.  Geez.

 

 

Amateurs.

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Judge Judy's frustration and disgust with all you UN-MODDERS!!!

post #3827 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

 

What?  True modders don't use chopsticks.    Do you think MarkL and Mr. Speakers use chopsticks to mod their headphones? 

 

Rumor has it that MarkL uses a two-piece, custom-made chopstick for all his gouging and texturing needs.  [Oooops!  the SECRET is OUT!!!]

post #3828 of 6488

i have put the 1.5inch foam back..took out the experimental 1.5inch leather. just a tad too bright for my taste.

 

Havent tried taking out those blue tac, i plastered them in good...

so will be a bigdigging job n i hate to break those thin wires whilst digging.

I am clueless what REAL sonic benefit it has...cept that it makes my mikros looks MODDDDDED ..LOL

My experience in stewmaking tells me...

the more ingredients i throw in..the more COMPLEX the (sound)taste...

vs just adding carrot n ...salt.

 

 

Maxxx suggested some CORK....

will go into the forest n harvest some treebark from a corktree...if i can identify one. :P

Or just open up a bottle..hic*

post #3829 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Rumor has it that MarkL uses a two-piece, custom-made chopstick for all his gouging and texturing needs.  [Oooops!  the SECRET is OUT!!!]

 

think its a HOLE puncher. or a handgun...  those denon drivers  looks hole-y :P

post #3830 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Am planning on going back into the one BASS modded pair and either completely remove or significantly reduce the Blue-Tak.  The last time inside, I used the bottom of a chopstick to "gouge and texture" the Blue-Tak.  Want to go back in, diminish/"modicum-ize" the Blue-Tak, spread it much more evenly, and apply a very uniform and consistent texture into it.  Compared to my second modded pair--which uses NO Tacky--this one [with the Tacky] sounds a bit narrower and less airy [NOTE: this is NOT the latest LorsMikros Mod--but a variation of the HEARTHRUBASS Mod] but the BASS is rock solid and articulate to the nth degree of depth.

 

Put the dynamat on the plastic driver housing, just above the fully open Rabbit Hole, for resonance control.  With all that increased airflow, I figure the housing is susceptible to unwanted resonance.  Might cover the dynamat with a small strip of the Mikros packaging sheet foam [the same foam that Lors cut into 1.5" washers] to see if I notice any less of a  "reflective" character due to the exposed foil, but to tell you the truth I really don't notice anything like that now.

 

Should be getting another stock pair in soon.  Not sure if I want to take off the port stickers, though--this pair will more than likely be a gift.  Might overhaul/completely gut the first pair I modded and try the Elastoplast-only.

 

Another thing I want to do is compare MLs stock-v-stock.  I am almost convinced that the last pair I opened and am currently running stock, sound better than my original stock pair(!).  The next chapter in MikrosCrapScience will be a discussion on "stock-to-stock" variation between pairs.

 

 

 

All good and intriguing stuff 'burd!

post #3831 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

Havent tried taking out those blue tac, i plastered them in good...

so will be a bigdigging job n i hate to break those thin wires whilst digging.

 

Lol! The last time I dug it out, I was concerned how difficult it would be also. But it came out remarkably easily with tweaser/screwdriver combo, so no fear our main mad modster! Besides, since when have you been worried about breaking wires?!

post #3832 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Lors,

I think so.  This one should be coming hot off the production line.  TTYTT, I didn't realize that the cosmetics had changed.  Maybe the innards have been tweaked to further perfection as well.  Should be delivered in about three weeks--or three hundred Mikros 90 HYPE thread pages--whichever comes first.  :smile_phones:

 

Can't wait to hear the Mikros 90 "sing" even better!!!!

 

Must have cost u 30 Mikros$$?   

( Mikros is beginning to sound like CURRENCY..hehe )

 

i havent read the latest specs...maybe u get more POWER?  Dun expect a warm sound...it will likely remain a COOL REFINED sound. 

ANd it wont hit u initially, but as u sit there....u get suckkkkkkked deeep into the music...into the coool mountains of deutscheland.

post #3833 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Lol! The last time I dug it out, I was concerned how difficult it would be also. But it came out remarkably easily with tweaser/screwdriver combo, so no fear our main mad modster! Besides, since when have you been worried about breaking wires?!

The wire in the right earcup was engulfed in Tacky the last time inside for me.  And it it didn't come out that easily, either.  Was cutting the Tacky with my trusty Schrade blade, trying not to slice them wires.

 

So I understand Lors' apprehension.


Edited by pataburd - 3/14/14 at 8:49pm
post #3834 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Rumor has it that MarkL uses a two-piece, custom-made chopstick for all his gouging and texturing needs.  [Oooops!  the SECRET is OUT!!!]

 

A couple of days ago, when you left your house on an errand to find leather from an endangered species, I sneaked into your house to take a picture of your workshop.

 

Ladies and gentlemen, here is a picture of pataburd's ultra secret headphone modding workdbench:

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85


Edited by elvergun - 3/14/14 at 8:37pm
post #3835 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

 

Maxxx suggested some CORK....

will go into the forest n harvest some treebark from a corktree...if i can identify one. :P

Or just open up a bottle..hic*

Time for a modders field trip to Portugal.  We can get elvergun and vienbo to front us the money for travel expenses.

 

Maxx harvesting just enough for one pair.


Edited by pataburd - 3/14/14 at 8:43pm
post #3836 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

 

A couple of days ago, when you left your house on an errand to find leather from an endangered species, I snicked into your house to take a picture of your workshop.

 

Ladies and gentlemen, here is a picture of pataburd's ultra secret headphone modding workdbench:

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

LOL!

Must have gotten those pics with a drone and infrared!  My secret chamber has been found out!

NOW I will have to use forks and spoons!!

You sure know how to ruin perfect CrapScience, elvergun!


Edited by pataburd - 3/14/14 at 8:44pm
post #3837 of 6488

i know wats up in Pataburd's kitchen...

he's gonna replace those bluetac with...

 

freshly ground...

 

 

W A S A B I

 

post #3838 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

i know wats up in Pataburd's kitchen...
he's gonna replace those bluetac with...

freshly ground...


W A S A B I


For a second I thought that green stuff was some magic greens..and I almost applauded you. But nope.
post #3839 of 6488
its antibacterial...antiviral...kills aids virus in the ears...tames sibilance...tightens tidalresonance...with just a few drops of springwater added.
TRY IT.
post #3840 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

For a second I thought that green stuff was some magic greens..and I almost applauded you. But nope.

 

Smokem if you got'em!

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones