or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 251

post #3751 of 6492

@Maxx134, it's about time you showed your face again!

 

Welcome back!

:beerchug: 

post #3752 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

@Maxx134
, it's about time you showed your face again!

Welcome back!
beerchug.gif  
Secret modding PM coming Ur way..
wink.gif
Woops its for Lors ha
Edited by Maxx134 - 3/13/14 at 10:27am
post #3753 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


Secret modding PM coming Ur way..
wink.gif
Woops its for Lord ha

 

Yup, send it to Lord - he's the mad modster around these parts!

 

Just make sure you guys expose the "secret" at some point :smile:

post #3754 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

Really digging the Auvio cable with the 90. This is one fantastic headphone. Still not beating the On1, NAD or X1 to my ears, but it's up there in my top four favorites.

I agree with ericp10 and Pataburd.  2.97 Auvio cable from Radio Shack is the best for pop; makes them more musical compared to the stock cable.  Beats cable is either equal to or better than stock; definitely more bass.

post #3755 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Another SATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!

Armillary, welcome to the Mikros 90 Madhouse/Social HYPE Experiment.  Leave your all your preconceptions and your other headphones at the door with SFWalcer.

 

GET YOUR HYPE ON--and KEEP it ON, GUYS!!!

HYPE ACTIVATED

 

I just put them back on after leaving them overnight, every genre I throw at them sounds great. I'm wondering if I should just break these in with regular use and enjoy the ride :). At any rate I think after seeing the mod stuff's going on I might try to avoid opening these up, I have a bad habit of breaking things I open up. It might be interesting to try painting the pleather though.

post #3756 of 6492

Another fine listening session.  I tried flipping the pads back to normal and uh uh, not good enough.  A great seal used to be SO hard to get, but now it's easy, them music is less sibilant and more balanced, and they're slightly more comfortable.  Not a HUGE difference but it's enough that I don't want to go back.

 

Lors: I tried the foam mod (the latest, easiest one) but wasn't sold.  The treble takes a significant hit.  I had to EQ the treble up 7 on the X3 and at that point it sounded unbalanced.  then again, I've never liked darker, laid back headphones.  I like it neutral or bright.  A U shaped sound sig sound good too, but only for short auditions.  The M50 is a fine example.

post #3757 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

I agree with ericp10 and Pataburd.  2.97 Auvio cable from Radio Shack is the best for pop; makes them more musical compared to the stock cable.  Beats cable is either equal to or better than stock; definitely more bass.

 



I can't find the $3 auvio cable anymore. I did see it on radioshack website before this week, and the "find it nearby" inventory check showed in stock at one of my local stores. So I went to that store but could not find it anywhere. There was a radio shack lettering branded one, but it rang up as $20. So when I got home I checked the radio shack website again but I can't even find the listing anymore.
post #3758 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmod744 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

I agree with ericp10 and Pataburd.  2.97 Auvio cable from Radio Shack is the best for pop; makes them more musical compared to the stock cable.  Beats cable is either equal to or better than stock; definitely more bass.

 



I can't find the $3 auvio cable anymore. I did see it on radioshack website before this week, and the "find it nearby" inventory check showed in stock at one of my local stores. So I went to that store but could not find it anywhere. There was a radio shack lettering branded one, but it rang up as $20. So when I got home I checked the radio shack website again but I can't even find the listing anymore.

They were on CLEARANCE (priced down from $17.99 to $2.97).  Probably all out at the warehouse by now.  In hindsight, I wish I had picked up a few extra pairs myself, to supplement the Mikros 90 packages I will give as gifts to family and friends.

 

True:  the Auvio is sassy, snappy and great for POP!

 

Really like the Auvio cable with my SPACEYMOD and the KMF amp at work.  Nice full, open sound with the pile driver BASS kept at bay.  

Listening to some Japanese drumming right now--sounds really nice.


Edited by pataburd - 3/13/14 at 1:33pm
post #3759 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptic View Post

Has anyone succeeded in implementing some sort of a pad/comfort mod? The memory foam in my pads seems to be compressing and they are noticeably less comfortable. Still digging the stock sound, particularly when amped, but I need a fix as to the pads.

By the way, my self built $30 o2 sounds wretched with hd650's but great with the Mikros. It is the budget pairing to beat imo.

+1

I want to try some denser memory foam for the pads.  I like the feeling and fit of cold, hard(er) memory foam.  After they warm up and soften, the pads collapse onto my ears and can close down the Tragi--plural for Tragus, giving me an unpleasant "plugged ears" feel.

 

Diggin' Chic: "I Want Your Love" [Bernard Edwards on BASS.]


Edited by pataburd - 3/13/14 at 1:42pm
post #3760 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post
 

Another fine listening session.  I tried flipping the pads back to normal and uh uh, not good enough.  A great seal used to be SO hard to get, but now it's easy, them music is less sibilant and more balanced, and they're slightly more comfortable.  Not a HUGE difference but it's enough that I don't want to go back.

 

Lors: I tried the foam mod (the latest, easiest one) but wasn't sold.  The treble takes a significant hit.  I had to EQ the treble up 7 on the X3 and at that point it sounded unbalanced.  then again, I've never liked darker, laid back headphones.  I like it neutral or bright.  A U shaped sound sig sound good too, but only for short auditions.  The M50 is a fine example.

In truth, all of the mods I have attempted so far do seem to concede ultimate low level resolution, that sense of "gossamer inter-connectivity", to the stock Mikros 90.

I listen to my stock pair at least once a day but, truth be told again, I usually find the modded set more engaging, more "PRaTty".


Edited by pataburd - 3/13/14 at 1:50pm
post #3761 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post

They were on CLEARANCE (priced down from $17.99 to $2.97).  Probably all out at the warehouse by now.  In hindsight, I wish I had picked up a few extra pairs myself, to supplement the Mikros 90 packages I will give as gifts to family and friends.

 

True:  the Auvio is sassy, snappy and great for POP!

 

Really like the Auvio cable with my SPACEYMOD and the KMF amp at work.  Nice full, open sound with the pile driver BASS kept at bay.  

Listening to some Japanese drumming right now--sounds really nice.

 



Yep I know it was clearance and it was already out of stock online when I checked, but at least there was a listing and link to check if it was in stock at local stores. Now the online listing is gone and I can't find it at the store that showed in stock before or check online what other stores might have it in stock. I know auvio is just radio shack's in house brand but was the clearance cable branded and lettered "auvio" on the plug? Because the only 6ft cable at the store I check was branded "radio shack" on the plug, but it was hanging right next to the 3ft auvio cables on the pegs.
post #3762 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

Secret modding PM coming Ur way..
wink.gif
Woops its for Lors ha

I'll tell you my secret if you tell me yours. wink.gif






Welcome back.
post #3763 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post



I usually find the modded set more engaging, more "PRaTty".

I've got your PRaTty right here...









...in my stock 90s. smily_headphones1.gif
post #3764 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


I Am Back!
What is all this schiit here?
I leave for a few weeks... and I have to read a thousand posts?!? Lol!

Basically what the next step in the Mikros evolution,
Is to control and keep the bass while increasing the soundstage potential that THE HOLE can give...

Time to pull up the sleeves, hmmmm.
They should because yours is defective and the mod only brought it out.
I read all the back and forth posting.
You just need a replacement and that's just the bottom line,
Because I said so! Lol tongue.gif

The PRODIGAL MODDER has returned!!!

 

:beerchug:

 

HEY EVERYONE, THIS IS MAXX, THE FIRST MAN TO GO DOWN THE HOLE.  

 

He has Grand Potentate HYPER status, with all rights and privileges, on this thread.

post #3765 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

Where have all the modders gone?  Are you guys finding new material to cover the famous hole?  Are you searching for new and exotic leathers?   Are you making new cables out of silver, platinum or gold?

 

The loneliness is driving me to despair.

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

 

All of them were last seen disappearing over the horizon aboard a garbage scow:

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones