or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 245

post #3661 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post
 


I'm just saying. Be careful. Don't want you guys to get hurt. Just looking out for a fella ;)


^ If only you knew who you are talking to. haha

 

That's like saying to a crack addict to stop sniffing dem rocks. LMAO

 

..... bad analogy but you knowhatimeng. YOU SMELL ME!!!??? :evil:

post #3662 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ If only you knew who you are talking to. haha

 

That's like saying to a crack addict to stop sniffing dem rocks. LMAO

 

..... bad analogy but you knowhatimeng. YOU SMELL ME!!!??? :evil:


I smell you, smelly.

post #3663 of 6488

I wonder how these drivers would be liberated from their prison. Going to look around for a suitable donor.  Maybe a vintage AT-701 shell think I have one. Lots of room for tweaks inside.:evil: 


Edited by nick n - 3/12/14 at 1:06am
post #3664 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post
 


I smell you, smelly.

^ Now you're catching dat drift. hoho :veryevil:

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

I wonder how these drivers would be liberated from their prison. Going to look around for a suitable donor.  Maybe a vintage AT-701 shell think I have one. Lots of room for tweaks inside.:evil: 

 

^ see what i mean....

post #3665 of 6488


Simple HOLE-SOME mod :

Cut 2 piece of thin foam size 1 1/2 inch. X 3/4 inch , found in your Mikros pack.
Open up the 3 screws...without peeling the sticker off the hole.
Doubleside tape the foam to the base of the cup.
Cut a 6/8inch x 1/2inch hard felt, doubleside stick to lower end of each cup.

Enjoy a sound that's more relaxed, less sibilant...without sacrificing the clarity n slam on the bass is increased!

Photos to follow..or use your imagination.



Edited by Lorspeaker - 3/13/14 at 4:30am
post #3666 of 6488
post #3667 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

Todate...has anyone experienced leftright imbalance on the STOCK mikros? 

 

 

=================

 

can u take the test halfway down this page..n tell us your score?

 

http://www.audiocheck.net/blindtests_level.php?lvl=0.5

nada.

post #3668 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

Holeysmoke...I plastered up the hole with blue tac on my stockmikros...
And the bass went from THUM to TAC..

Nim was right ...that sticker is permeable to sound.

I will attempt to mod without pulling that darn sticker...
See how far this restriction yields..

Wasn't that a "given"???

:confused_face_2:

post #3669 of 6488

I will reopen my BASS-modded pair and cover the strip of Dynamat on the driver casing with some open cell foam, or with some of the packaging foam from the ML box.

Otherwise, the SPL might be harmful to the ears, I fear.  That is one Tidal Wave of BASS!

 

Diggin' my "spacey" mod: spinnin' some Reggae, Mon!!

post #3670 of 6488

Reading this thread makes me dizzy.

 

Trying to understand all the modifications; it makes my head spin.

 

Has anyone just added a small thin amount of bluetak into center of cup perhaps 1" to 1 1.2"  in diameter and left everything else alone on headphones? I consider a closed headphone as a small acoustic suspension speaker enclosure; sometimes all you need is a small amount of resonance control. Or maybe just a small amount of dynamat of backside of diaphragm holder.

 

Newegg.com price today $66.99 USD; must keep finger from pressing buy button!!!!!

 

I wonder if the price will ever come down to black friday price of $59.99?

post #3671 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

Holeysmoke...I plastered up the hole with blue tac on my stockmikros...
And the bass went from THUM to TAC..

Nim was right ...that sticker is permeable to sound.

 

Yes, it is definitely permeable. And different hole covering materials affect the sounds greatly. It affects the bass, mids, highs, soundstage, imaging etc. Someone someday might find an optimum material that increases the bass and soundstage to perfect levels, all the while maintaining clear and detailed mids and highs. I wonder what that material could be?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

:beerchug:

 

post #3672 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Yes, it is definitely permeable. And different hole covering materials affect the sounds greatly. It affects the bass, mids, highs, soundstage, imaging etc. Someone someday might find an optimum material that increases the bass and soundstage to perfect levels, all the while maintaining clear and detailed mids and highs. I wonder what that material could be?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




beerchug.gif
I asked Martin Logan if they would be willing to replace/repair the headphone even though I removed the sticker and they said they would.
post #3673 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

I asked Martin Logan if they would be willing to replace/repair the headphone even though I removed the sticker and they said they would.

 

That's great! 

 

They will charge you for shipping there and back though, correct?

 

I don't think that I could even consider that because shipping charges for me to/from would probably be $70. Also, I don't want them repaired! :)

post #3674 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

Amazon price dropped by $1 to $67.99:

 

http://www.amazon.com/MartinLogan-Mikros-90-Reference-Headphones/dp/B00A0AOVRS

Amazon dropped it by another $1 to $66.99.

post #3675 of 6488
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

That's great! 

They will charge you for shipping there and back though, correct?

I don't think that I could even consider that because shipping charges for me to/from would probably be $70. Also, I don't want them repaired! smily_headphones1.gif
Shipping only one way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones