Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 220

post #3286 of 5781
Are we just gonna talk about making a new thread or are we gonna do it?
post #3287 of 5781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

Are we just gonna talk about making a new thread or are we gonna do it?

 

I think most of the guys who have been posting in this thread like it here just fine.   The question of creating a new thread came up before and it was agreed to stay in this one.

post #3288 of 5781
All of the modification talks belong to the DYI IMHO. It's getting hard to find information on the stock 90. Again this is just my opinion and will shut up now. (Or just unsubscribe frown.gif
post #3289 of 5781

Fwiw, having a separate modding thread might make sense. Then I could spam it freely without worrying about annoying the poor people who couldn't care less about modding their 90's :smile:

post #3290 of 5781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post
 


They just seem a little more dynamic and coherent.

Patience.  It only gets BETTER!!

:smile_phones:

post #3291 of 5781

I had a "Mikros 90 Moment" the other day.

I couldn't remember where my 6th pair was!!

Tore the apartment up and finally found it in a box in the closet.

This can only happen to a Mikros 90 Hoarder.

:smile_phones:

post #3292 of 5781

Enjoying the stock Mikros 90 with my office rig [includes the KMF Audio amp and Auvio cable].

 

Had a late night with the modded pair, too.  

The BASS lines from Hiroshima's Third Generation album can just about plow you under, especially the slurred BASS notes that warp the space-time continuum.

 

Am bringing the modding kit home for the weekend.

:smile_phones:


Edited by pataburd - 3/7/14 at 10:28am
post #3293 of 5781
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

I had a "Mikros 90 Moment" the other day.

I couldn't remember where my 6th pair was!!

Tore the apartment up and finally found it in a box in the closet.

This can only happen to a Mikros 90 Hoarder.

:smile_phones:

6 pairs has to qualify as lifetime supply :D

post #3294 of 5781

My set won't arrive until early May, with all these hoarders taking up all the sets and the modders breaking all the sets I'm estimating their worth to be in the THOUSANDS when they finally arrive! Good investment!

post #3295 of 5781
Treble extension is definitely much better. No questions. The string plucking in Eric Clayton's unplugged album is much more sparkly along with the triangle or whatever that instrument is. Things sound much less wonky.

Also, I've also been using 2:33 in Pigs (three different ones) by pink Floyd to judge changes in the sound. The piano definitely sound much more natural now. Not perfect, but it's quite good now.
Edited by Nimzerz - 3/7/14 at 11:51am
post #3296 of 5781
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Enjoying the stock Mikros 90 with my office rig [includes the KMF Audio amp and Auvio cable].

 

Had a late night with the modded pair, too.  

The BASS lines from Hiroshima's Third Generation album can just about plow you under, especially the slurred BASS notes that warp the space-time continuum.

 

Am bringing the modding kit home for the weekend.

:smile_phones:

 

Yup, I gotta get mine modded again to get them back up to M500 levels :D  :ph34r: 

post #3297 of 5781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

Can i suggest to have a new thread for all the mod's discussion. It would be easier for the people looking for impression of the stock Mikros 90 and the modified one.

 

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

Are we just gonna talk about making a new thread or are we gonna do it?

^ Working on it to update it all on the OP post............................................................... welp not really.  Soon............................:ph34r:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

 

I think most of the guys who have been posting in this thread like it here just fine.   The question of creating a new thread came up before and it was agreed to stay in this one.

^

What he said.

 

Cuz this thread is literally like so....... 1st vs. latter halves:

....... probably not even gonna bother with the 1st half cuz of Godfather Pata's bogus hypes. :tongue:

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 


I like to keep and eye on these guys -- bassheads are never to be trusted.

^

:ksc75smile:

post #3298 of 5781

Man, why did ML decide to make these earcups with this kind of leather? Scratches too easily... it's not noticeable, but I can imagine a very noticeable scratch being made on these in the future since they're so easily scratched lol

post #3299 of 5781

My "brought back to stock form" 90's were not sounding as engaging, dynamic and layered as I remembered them sounding being before I went on my modding adventures. The bass was seemingly less, and they were just kinda sounding flat (especially when compared to my m500's). Which got me wondering if the blue tac that I left in the cups could be responsible. D'oh and yup! If you revert your 90's back to stock form, make sure that you remove the blue tac from the cups!

 

So, all is right in waynes "stock Mikros 90" world again! Now I can start on the modding adventures again from the proper starting point :)

post #3300 of 5781
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

My "brought back to stock form" 90's were not sounding as engaging, dynamic and layered as I remembered them sounding being before I went on my modding adventures. The bass was seemingly less, and they were just kinda sounding flat (especially when compared to my m500's). Which got me wondering if the blue tac that I left in the cups could be responsible. D'oh and yup! If you revert your 90's back to stock form, make sure that you remove the blue tac from the cups!

 

So, all is right in waynes "stock Mikros 90" world again! Now I can start on the modding adventures again from the proper starting point :)

I honestly think that the stock will be superior to the mods...but who knows. I don't really feel like experimenting with something that is already very balanced and coherent right now. Also only at around 30hrs right now lol.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones