or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 146

post #2176 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Have NOT gotten to the modding yet!

The cars took longer than I anticipated on Saturday.

Plus after seeing Lors' encyclopedic modding guide, I want to try something inbetween the "Gentleman's" and the "BassHead's".  Need leather.  No Blue tack at the house.

 

Lors,

THANK YOU for staying on!

The honorary HYPE-Master baton is in your capable hands!

^ D'YAM Godfather Pata is a BALLA'!!!

... i see your hustle now, with all the monies saved from these Logans go buys cars with them. :cool: BOSS!!!

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Cable-rolling update:

 

Tried the Auvio 3-ft. cable ($14.99) at Radio Shack (also come in 6-ft length for $17.99).  They come in several colors, including purple.

 

Cable is fairly thin and gnarly (doesn't "lay" nicely).  After about 15 hours, they give a snappy and lively 3-D sound with fairly smooth extended treble, slight midrange forwardness, (tight) midbass warmth, and nice rendering of cymbals and strings.  Soundstage seems a wee bit smaller than stock cable, though.  A fun and lively listen.  Give it a try.  Radio Shack is good abou returns as long as you save packaging and receipt.

 

There is also a "Radio Shack"-branded cable that looks exactly like the Auvio, but costs $3 more. 

 

^ Thanks for takin' another one for the Logan Hype Team meng. Cable rollin' is gonna eat into your cars fund BAD though!!! :beerchug:

post #2177 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Have NOT gotten to the modding yet!

The cars took longer than I anticipated on Saturday.

Plus after seeing Lors' encyclopedic modding guide, I want to try something inbetween the "Gentleman's" and the "BassHead's".  Need leather.  No Blue tack at the house.

 

Lors,

THANK YOU for staying on!

The honorary HYPE-Master baton is in your capable hands!

 

me in deeeeep meditation......

the comfort of this monstrosity makes me feel guilty.

u guys are SUFFERING in silence,

having to toe this hype like good slaves.with a vice on your head. 

those bruised ears..need healingpads. :P

 

yes a gentleman's crossbreeding into a basshead is the ultimate.....

i meant to keep this secret for awhile, only for the initiates,

but it seems it's been revealed to none other than the HIGHPriestPataBurd 

Now to find some rhinestones...

 

May the HYPE n great sufferance  be with u all... 

:L3000: 


Edited by Lorspeaker - 2/23/14 at 4:55pm
post #2178 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

 

me in deeeeep meditation......

the comfort of this monstrosity makes me feel guilty.

u guys are SUFFERING in silence,

having to toe this hype like good slaves.with a vice on your head. 

those bruised ears..need healingpads. :P

 

yes a gentleman's crossbreeding into a basshead is the ultimate.....

i meant to keep this secret for awhile, only for the initiates,

but it seems it's been revealed to none other than the HIGHPriestPataBurd 

Now to find some rhinestones...

 

May the HYPE n great sufferance  be with u all... 

:L3000: 

LOL!

Lors, you are going to metamorphose into a Haiku-writing Zen Mikros 90 modder!  . . . WAIT, you almost already have!!

post #2179 of 6486

This alphamod was begging to be birth...

precipitated by the desecration of my NtuneCrapads.

And that deep seething pain n pleasure,

each time i put on the vice...urges me on.

 

Opened the drawer, behold a CD cover..!

Inexplicable glance at the size of the alphapads-without a mission.

I said to myself, one last effort

for the Hype community...silently seeking salvation,

compassion,  stupidity overwhelmed me.

 

With deft hands, precise snipping skills...n dimming eyes..

10mins  n IT IS FINISHED. What a Beau...this side of things. :P 

 

 

post #2180 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

 

me in deeeeep meditation......

the comfort of this monstrosity makes me feel guilty.

u guys are SUFFERING in silence,

having to toe this hype like good slaves.with a vice on your head. 

those bruised ears..need healingpads. :P

 

yes a gentleman's crossbreeding into a basshead is the ultimate.....

i meant to keep this secret for awhile, only for the initiates,

but it seems it's been revealed to none other than the HIGHPriestPataBurd 

Now to find some rhinestones...

 

May the HYPE n great sufferance  be with u all... 

:L3000: 

:L3000::L3000:

post #2181 of 6486
Quote:

Originally Posted by PredatorZ View Post

Quote:
 Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

:L3000: 


 

:L3000::L3000:

:L3000::L3000::L3000:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
:basshead:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
think we are running out of hypes. : P Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NEVER!!!:deadhorse:

Edited by sfwalcer - 2/23/14 at 9:49pm
post #2182 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

This alphamod was begging to be birth...

precipitated by the desecration of my NtuneCrapads.

And that deep seething pain n pleasure,

each time i put on the vice...urges me on.

 

Opened the drawer, behold a CD cover..!

Inexplicable glance at the size of the alphapads-without a mission.

I said to myself, one last effort

for the Hype community...silently seeking salvation,

compassion,  stupidity overwhelmed me.

 

With deft hands, precise snipping skills...n dimming eyes..

10mins  n IT IS FINISHED. What a Beau...this side of things. :P 

 

 

Very nice!

Which earpads you used?

From which headphones?

Thank you!!!

post #2183 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALEEV View Post
 

Very nice!

Which earpads you used?

From which headphones?

Thank you!!!


^ Think those are alpha pads, same ones that is used in Mr. Speakers mad dogs/ alpha dogs.

 

Those pads probably cost as much as these cans. LoL :ph34r:

post #2184 of 6486
post #2185 of 6486

well I ordered them... (obviously to get the $35 free shipping with a phone case I needed... lol). They should arrive wednesday. I'm expecting godly headphones after all this hype :P. Oh and if you need to destroy the earpads to mod these what earpads that don't cost a ridiculous amount of money ($60 alpha pads for a $70 headphone... pshh) work well and don't alter the sound too much.

 

Dude sf, have you heard of "The Wind Rises" (the movie) going to try to get time to go to san francisco to watch it this friday... I think that's the release, seems like an interesting movie (probably not the right place for this lol, but you know Bay Area and all)

post #2186 of 6486

Y dun u just go ahead and order a few more.:P

 

be patient n giv your head/can a chance to bloom...

then bend a little, tweak a little, n u have a HE6 killer, 

a D7kT1bomber...out of a sansaclip+.

 

=========================================

cups..? any spare cups in your drawer are potential victims,

i look for stuff in drawers around the house. :P

 

Just saw this sheepskin for Sony7506, 30bucks..its slightly too big for the MikrosCups..just slightly.

Not sure if u can pull it off with the cupmod...if u do, then it wont look that "naked" from the outside angle ;P

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EHTG7J8/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=01VPKGBWEDS39P3MHFX1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200422&pf_rd_i=507846

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

size should be something like this...taken from another site.


Edited by Lorspeaker - 2/24/14 at 1:18am
post #2187 of 6486

I succumbed to the hype. Should have these within a day or two. Gotta see what the hype is all about.

 

If it can get past my distaste for on-ears, I'll be very impressed.

post #2188 of 6486
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

I succumbed to the hype. Should have these within a day or two. Gotta see what the hype is all about.

 

If it can get past my distaste for on-ears, I'll be very impressed.

 

same sentiment b4 i gotten it. try to suffer thru the first month...:P

and enjoy hyping !!

 

=======

 

ohhh sheeeets u have 18in subwoofers at home...??!!

anyone living within 100m of you? 

 

u can mod the Mikros into a headslammer...enjoy!!

 

=======

 

Swapped in a  pair of BEYER JMONEY pads onto the CDcover contraption...

huge sound, a jazz band swinging away around my head.,,

oh its ACOUSTIC ALCHEMY. nice fellas

 

This lady slamms so hard on my head...oooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYDSjD9U0Eo&feature=kp


Edited by Lorspeaker - 2/24/14 at 8:38am
post #2189 of 6486
Hohoho, my Mikros have apparently arrived at my local post office. I don't think I've ever had an international order ship that quickly.

Now I wonder how long it'll take the post office to process them. Probably longer than the shipping took rolleyes.gif
post #2190 of 6486

welcome SAfrica to join the train ride  !! 

how many days it took?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones