Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 131

post #1951 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post

The clamping force can be mitigated by gently bending/reforming the tubular band or, as sfwalcer stated, by using a "pad-over-pad" mod.
After extended use, coupled with user habituation, the clamping force seems to diminish on its own.
BUT, it does help on this thread to have somewhat of a masochistic tendency anyway.

NO PAIN, NO (sonic) GAIN!! 

I just ordered my first pair and also the sonic storm headphones for their replacement pads. Do you have any other pads in mind cause I feel bad buying these headphones just for pads.
post #1952 of 5893

Woo hoo - look what I got!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

All I'm missing are the damned headphones LOL!

post #1953 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

Woo hoo - look what I got!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

All I'm missing are the damned headphones LOL!

Where did you order that cable from, waynes world buddy?

post #1954 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

Woo hoo - look what I got!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

All I'm missing are the damned headphones LOL!

LOL  They must have sent them to you in a canoe...you better hope the guy is paddling as fast as he can.

post #1955 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

Woo hoo - look what I got!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

All I'm missing are the damned headphones LOL!

Those are the beats cable, correct? 

 

Is there any in amazon besides ebay?

post #1956 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkx View Post

I just ordered my first pair and also the sonic storm headphones for their replacement pads. Do you have any other pads in mind cause I feel bad buying these headphones just for pads.


U have the makings of a Mikros Hypist...u bought pads b4 the cans arrive? biggrin.gif
Let's pray the pads fit, n the rest of the carcass goes to a proper recycling feed.
post #1957 of 5893

I won't have my ET-1 cable till tomorrow :( but there are open box ones on ebay now for $7 -$10 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_nkw=Pipeline%20ET-1&clk_rvr_id=590376209538

 

Impressions tomorrow on the fit and build at least. The ET-1 is directional and individually stranded like the ET-4. hopefully sounds near as good and plugs right in.

http://pipelineet.com/et-1/

post #1958 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 

I won't have my ET-1 cable till tomorrow :( but there are open box ones on ebay now for $7 -$10 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_nkw=Pipeline%20ET-1&clk_rvr_id=590376209538

 

Impressions tomorrow on the fit and build at least. The ET-1 is directional and individually stranded like the ET-4. hopefully sounds near as good and plugs right in.

http://pipelineet.com/et-1/

 

 

Thank you jant71! :beerchug:

post #1959 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

 

Thank you jant71! :beerchug:

:beerchug:

post #1960 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 

I won't have my ET-1 cable till tomorrow :( but there are open box ones on ebay now for $7 -$10 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_nkw=Pipeline%20ET-1&clk_rvr_id=590376209538

 

Impressions tomorrow on the fit and build at least. The ET-1 is directional and individually stranded like the ET-4. hopefully sounds near as good and plugs right in.

http://pipelineet.com/et-1/

Let us know if the ET-1 fits without issue.  The ET-4 needs to be whittled down in about 95% of the cases.

Might drop by the Shack tonight and see if they have any ET-1s on the shelf.

post #1961 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

Where did you order that cable from, waynes world buddy?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Those are the beats cable, correct? 

 

Is there any in amazon besides ebay?

 

This is it:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251427199710?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

 

I'm not sure if the same thing can be found on amazon. I'm not even sure it works with the 90's lol (burning it in now with my X1's).

post #1962 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

 

This is it:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251427199710?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

 

I'm not sure if the same thing can be found on amazon. I'm not even sure it works with the 90's lol (burning it in now with my X1's).

The Beats knock-offs that sfwalcer introduced are on Amazon as:

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007B8S4JI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

99 cents with $3.99 shipping.

 

Mine are due in this week.

 

[The bass--on the stock Mikros--from the Crosby, Stills and Nash remaster is pretty BIG and AMPLE as-is.  Can't imagine where the MikrosHypedBass mod will take these tracks!]


Edited by pataburd - 2/20/14 at 2:08pm
post #1963 of 5893
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevb View Post

Put a few more hours on them.....seems to be filling out a bit in the mids. Still enjoying them here at work...got a couple of compliments on their looks. Can't turn 'em up much here though. These are amazing on guitar.....seem to be playing a ton of that today! smily_headphones1.gif

I have the Mikros 90 cranked right now, but nobody else can hear them.  The boss is going to have to get right in front of me and wave his arms frantically to get my attention.

post #1964 of 5893
The mod opens up the sound.
Deeper mids.
Solves pre-burn congestion.
Have mine in drawer 4 3days now burning at high volume.
Will be doing lords updated mod for better basss control. .
post #1965 of 5893
Forgot to say the material quality of the cups and headband is very high ...
Mostly high polished metal & leather ! smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones