Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 124

post #1846 of 4972

Alrighty, I'll see what I can do. I don't have bluetacs and such, but I'll find something to work with.

 

Do I NEED those felt pads?

 

What improvements do you guys get in the mids with the mod?


Edited by vlenbo - 2/19/14 at 9:57am
post #1847 of 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

...i am hearing some crazy sound out of my NOTE1...never b4.. i am playing Copland's FANFARE for the COMMON MAN..
yiakkkkss...that slammmer of a classical on...
a....NOTE 1...????? 
You need to root anf hack that stock rom outa dat schiit.
I had a Note2 on "kitkat" OS already!
No need to upgrade to Note3! Haha
post #1848 of 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by FajroMangxanto View Post
 

Cool. Cool. Thanks! About to order that felt pad now. Have to say I'm liking the CAL2 so far, but I wouldn't mind the modded 90 getting me back my $125. 

 

if u walk down to a DIY or hardware shop...u can easily find that felt squares i believe.

post #1849 of 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


You need to root anf hack that stock rom outa dat schiit.
I had a Note2 on "kitkat" OS already!
No need to upgrade to Note3! Haha

 

i am technically UNSOUND.... simple prying of holes...bluetacsticking....is still manageable :)

post #1850 of 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

 

if u walk down to a DIY or hardware shop...u can easily find that felt squares i believe.

 

I can hit up the local ace. I was just a little worried that depth may be off, so I was just gonna go with what you recommended. 

post #1851 of 4972

then suddenly..U ARE SATISFIED. 

 

( need to catch a wink..zz)


Edited by Lorspeaker - 3/7/14 at 9:28am
post #1852 of 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

hey guys...just experiment with watever u have around u...

cut up your old wallet...stick a leather in there if u must.

just experiment..

u will learn what WONT WORK...

then u hit on something that MIGHT work..

then u adjust...

then u change the thickness...

the placement..etc.

 

then suddenly..U ARE SATISFIED. 

 

( need to catch a wink..zz)

yeah, tell that to the non-hoarders. :rolleyes:

 

At the moment, I'm not a hoarder until I get my hands on that unopened package.

post #1853 of 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

 

^ Don't do it meng, JVC house sound is kinda meh tbh. One trick pony.

 

But them woodies...they're speaking to me!!

 

ku-xlarge.jpg

post #1854 of 4972

I have some round felt pieces that I want to try instead of the square/rectangular one.

Might do the Maxx and the Lors and compare, then try some of my own ideas with acoustic cloth.

SEE?  That's why you need four (4) Mikros 90s!!!

:biggrin:

post #1855 of 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

But them woodies...they're speaking to me!!

 

ku-xlarge.jpg


^ Exactly where's his horsey at??? Right. ;)

 

The JVC FXZ200 originally sold for $300 and up upon initial release, but look at where are they now. Right. X2 :wink_face:

 

They will be more refined than their previous models, BUT i highly doubt they will be GAME CHANGER material. Oh and woodies are for old farts. Right. X3 :tongue_smile:

post #1856 of 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Was I hallucinating? About 6 hours ago when checking out the thread via my phone, there were pages of hate-the-90's posts. They were in this thread, right? If so, does anyone know why they were nuked?

Oh, and @Lorspeaker
, as Sf said...


Impossible! There are no "nay- sayers" here!


I did try reading some of the beginning where you hear of poor souls loosing out on a lifetime of sonic bliss,
By listening to those that had bad impressions,
which I myself believe was from either defective stock or fit placement on the ear...

If you have large ears you may lose the bass seal,
And if you have angled ears the cans may slide forward because they're design.

I actually felt they held better placing them reversed cups with left on right ear & right on left ear.(!)

All that will be history once the pads come in!

I don't think the thread starter is aware of this thread growth!
Anybody care to inform him with the mods?
SF, you're good at that as that's what U did to me smily_headphones1.gif
Also:

All thanks for the initial mods from me must go to...

sfwalcer

He is the one who "proded" me to try! smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by Maxx134 - 2/19/14 at 10:38am
post #1857 of 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


Impossible! There are no "nay- sayers" here!


I did try reading some of the beginning where you hear of poor souls loosing out on a lifetime of sonic bliss,
By listening to those that had bad impressions,
which I myself believe was from either defective stock or fit placement on the ear...

If you have large ears you may lose the bass seal,
And if you have angled ears the cans may slide forward because they're design.

I actually felt they held better placing them reversed cups with left on right ear & right on left ear.(!)

All that will be history once the pads come in!

I don't think the thread starter is aware of this thread growth!
Anybody care to inform him with the mods?
SF, you're good at that as that's what U did to me smily_headphones1.gif

 

^ LoL wanted to initially PM him regarding making a troll poll: Martin Logans 90s Bruce Lee OR Bruce Leroy??? :tongue:

 

But you just gave me mo' incentive to PM him. haha

 

Will do so later after i collect the other links. :)

post #1858 of 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

^ LoL wanted to initially PM him regarding making a troll poll: Martin Logans 90s Bruce Lee OR Bruce Leroy??? tongue.gif

But you just gave me mo' incentive to PM him. haha

Will do so later after i collect the other links. smily_headphones1.gif
You had the "vision" to try!
Or else I would not have even bought them..
no one would have known!
Haha
post #1859 of 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

^ i am ok with a 10 footer, but would MUCH prefer the shorter version.

 

Let me suggest this mod...

 

Created by ImageGear, AccuSoft Corp.

 

:D 

post #1860 of 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by robm321 View Post
 

subscribed

 

Bad idea...

 

 

Get away from this thread while you still have your sanity...

 

 

...weird stuff happens here...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones