Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones - Page 92

post #1366 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

Yo pataburd, you should add the V-Moda Cable.

This is what shall happen in the future:
Its the year 2014, when the human race realizes the audio quality, the sheer dominance if Martin Logan's Mikros 90. The Mikros 100 Over Ear is released, along with the Mikros 70 in ear.

Every headphone except the ML is discontinued, leading to their self destruct. The Momentum, HP50, HE-6, even the K702/DT880/HD650, are all destroyed in the day of reckoning (what the New Testament described, the Revelation).

The remaining owners of the Mikros 90 asert dominance and authority in the aftermath, though the ML is undiscontinued. Instead of people buying different headphones, everyone buys cables, and amplifiers.

That is my prophecy.

So, in addition to the Mikros 90, we should also be hoarding ML-approved cables (and amplifiers).  :wink:

With inflation, the exchange rate will be a wheelbarrow full of HE-6s for one Mikros 90.  Or a bushel basket full of T1s for a PredatorZ-modded Pipeline ET-4.

 

*******************************************************************************************************

True, though, different cable = different headphones w/Mikros 90.

Do you have a link for the V-Moda?


Edited by pataburd - 2/13/14 at 12:13pm
post #1367 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 


How do you chose which one to use?

 

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe?

 

 

Eeny, meeny, miny, mo.   Throw the Grado out the door.  If he hollers, make him pay, fifty dollars every day (for a Mikros).  

 

:D 

LOL!


Edited by pataburd - 2/13/14 at 11:35am
post #1368 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275 View Post
 

How likely is it that the Pipeline fits the Mikros? I'm toying around with the idea of getting both the fiio and pipeline but i don't have the stuff to make the pipeline fit if it's too big

More likely than not, the input plug barrel on the Pipeline will have to whittled down--to 6.5 mm--to fit the Mikros 90.  You might get lucky, like I did, but that seems to be the exception.

 

I think PredatorZ graciously offered to do the mod for anyone interested. 


Edited by pataburd - 2/13/14 at 11:34am
post #1369 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

SF,

Nice picks!  Thanks.

Have you tried the V-Moda cable?

My UPOCC silver and copper cables are still in development.

Again, I think the Pipeline will give you DAT LOGAN MAGIC in oodles.  But you might have to whittle the input plug barrel to get the ET-4 to fully connect.


^ Yeah i got the V-Moda cable but i like it these least cuz it's a bit softer/ too airy sounding for me. I want more fullness that has better weight to the sound as well as more texture for the bass. The closest i have heard is with the stock cable hooked up to the FiiO DAC connected to the Vali amp. 2nd best is the FiiO cable.

 

But i haven't tried the FiiO DAC/Vali plus the FiiO cable yet haha, that might get a bit tooooo warm if you knowhatimeng. :L3000:

 

The Pipeline is from Radioshack right???

 

Plus i got a cheapo beats cable coming in today and will see how it goes.......

 

Not sure if i want to get anymore cables cuz have enough on my plate as is.  LMAO.

post #1370 of 6492

^ I'll be interested in how my Zu cable sounds with the 90's

post #1371 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

^ I'll be interested in how my Zu cable sounds with the 90's


Haha i was THINKING exactly that the other day. :basshead:

 

But you are gonna need a narrow adapter to connect to the Zu cuz the connects are wayyy to fat on the Zu though. Plus that cable is pretty stiff and heavy. LoL Can't use it on the go/ move that's fo' sho.

 

edit: too bad i sold it off with my Philips Xs already. :frown:


Edited by sfwalcer - 2/13/14 at 11:39am
post #1372 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ Yeah i got the V-Moda cable but i like it these least cuz it's a bit softer/ too airy sounding for me. I want more fullness that has better weight to the sound as well as more texture for the bass. The closest i have heard is with the stock cable hooked up to the FiiO DAC connected to the Vali amp. 2nd best is the FiiO cable.

 

But i haven't tried the FiiO DAC/Vali plus the FiiO cable yet haha, that might get a bit tooooo warm if you knowhatimeng. :L3000:

 

The Pipeline is from Radioshack right???

 

Plus i got a cheapo beats cable coming in today and will see how it goes.......

 

Not sure if i want to get anymore cables cuz have enough on my plate as is.  LMAO.

Pipeline from Radio Shack, yes.  RS has other, less expensive cables that might fit.  I may run over there tonight with my Mikros 90 and see if any of them do [fit].

 

V-Moda even softer than the FiiO, huh?  Thank you for the heads-up.  Don't know if I want the Logans' sound degenerating in that direction, but it might be worth doing in the spirit of scientific research. :smile_phones: 


Edited by pataburd - 2/13/14 at 1:29pm
post #1373 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Pipeline from Radio Shack, yes.  RS has other, less expensive cables that might fit.  I may run over there tonight with my Mikros 90 and see if any of them fit.

 

V-Moda even softer than the FiiO, huh?  Thank you for the heads-up.  Don't know if I want the Logans' sound degenerating in that direction, but it might be worth doing in the spirit of scientific research. :smile_phones:


^ Yeppp the V-moda is more airy sounding hence softer in presentation as well as Lorspeaker seems to also agree.

 

FOR DISCOVERY!!! LMAO :deadhorse:

post #1374 of 6492

FiiO RC MH1 is $35, almost 1/2 the price of the headphone.  Does it make that much difference?

post #1375 of 6492

After a night of burning, I'm still finding upper mids a bit harsh and unbalanced compared to the lows.  I would prefer either more lows to compensate or less upper mids.  Will keep burning to 200 hrs as pataburd suggests.

post #1376 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

FiiO RC MH1 is $35, almost 1/2 the price of the headphone.  Does it make that much difference?


^ It makes a difference but not THAT much difference though you can still hear the difference if that makes sense. LoL

 

Yeah i wouldn't pay $35 for them that's for sure. Max $20 cuz i didn't even want to pay $18 for the V-Moda cable but i need them for my incoming modded Fostex T50RPs anyways so i was like what the hell mind as well kill two birds with one stone.

 

Got the FiiO cable from a trade so i can justify it. : P

post #1377 of 6492

I made an offer on "the bay" for a red Pipeline ET-1. $10 shipped is worth a try to me.

post #1378 of 6492

Just curious if any of you have the Takstar Pro 80/Gemini HSR-1000.  I may be crazy, but I think I would put them at the top currently over HPH-200, Mikros 90, and HA-S500.  They sound the most balanced across low/mid/high and the most natural timbre wise.  Of course, this could change with more burning

post #1379 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 

I made an offer on "the bay" for a red Pipeline ET-1. $10 shipped is worth a try to me.

You might have to do a little whittling/grinding.  Make sure you duct tape off the plug before you grind the plug barrel.

ET-4 is directional--don't know whether the ET-1 is.

Might hoof it down to the luv Shack and see if I can find an ET-1 that fits.

post #1380 of 6492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

Just curious if any of you have the Takstar Pro 80/Gemini HSR-1000.  I may be crazy, but I think I would put them at the top currently over HPH-200, Mikros 90, and HA-S500.  They sound the most balanced across low/mid/high and the most natural timbre wise.  Of course, this could change with more burning

Grayson,

If you don't top rank the Mikros 90 pretty soon, the boys are gonna take you into the backroom and properly educate you on how to do that.  :biggrin:

VEE HAFF VAYZZZZZ!!!!

So be a good boy and don't make the Mikros 90 interrogation team get out their electric cattle prod(s).


Edited by pataburd - 2/13/14 at 1:24pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones