So I am not the only one putting a tablet like the picture above just for music pleasure and uses the PC to surf internet[a.k.a Head-Fi] xD
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 614
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Talk about comfort, I feel almost nothing with these tips and lightweight housing for as long as I want for listening to my music. My ears are super sensitive to anything intrusive. I admire those whose ears can take a abuse such as deep penetration. :)
This little amp deserves some recognition. It's not as neutral as my favorite Leckerton, but it's a damn good amp with dead quite background and some punchy bass. It has dual batteries with enough power.
I decided to recable this little LOD to complete my year of DIY'ing. Yes luckily I still have some time left for 2013.
Edited by DMinor - 12/31/13 at 8:00pm
You get them with most portable amps. I for once got 4 with my FiiO E12. You can find them on ebay most of the time.
On a sidenote you can embed an image with the "img" tag using the tool for editing the source of your post. My first post had an image and it was in this very thread some odd number of pages ago.
I'll look on eBay, thanks.
As for the image posting, nah, I got an email and a PM about restrictions as a new user, and not being able to post images was one. I would post an imgur link, but that's pretty much the same and I don't want to bend the rules at all if possible on my first day.
Thank you. I'm currently looking at the Sony MDR-7520 or Yamaha HPH-MT220
With regular single-ended drive you have 2 signals: Left +, Right + and ground, both sides share the same ground. With balanced driving, you use 4 signals: Left +, Left -, Right + and Right -. This means that instead of a "passive" ground signal, you get an active negative signal, pulling the driver in the opposite direction. = More control, more power, better channel separation. With my CIEMs it's the most amazingly 3D experience I've ever heard. Tons of detail suddenly available because the soundscape isn't as crowded, everything has its own clearly defined place (on good recordings, naturally).
Edited by Sorensiim - 1/1/14 at 3:18am
ALO does sell them separately.
And I'm sure other do as well.
That's a pretty reasonable first step. Sould set you up with some pretty high quality sound right off the bat!
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 41 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 56 seconds ago
- › White Lightning Moonshine speaker cables and IC's. 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Soundcard vs DAC 13 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 14 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 17 minutes ago
- › If someone buy me the headphone (any price), but not the amp and CD... 18 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob