Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 603

post #9031 of 15048
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

I can't speak for imods sold by RWA or others, but I am glad you found the X3 better.

On the ipod quality, actually I have totally opposite opinion of yours. Keep in mind these ipods are old by now since they were initially sold around 2005-2006. So wear and tear damage/loss are expected. The life of the unit also depends on how the users exercise their cares. I have not encountered one single ipod video died in the hands of mine with either the board or the HDD. Of course, I already got rid of all the HDD's from all my ipods before they even have a chance to die. The other parts can be easily fixed or replaced.
The solder on the logic board probably goes bad cause there old like you said

My imod is actually a DIYmod done by audio minor with black gate nx caps
post #9032 of 15048

*

 

*

 *** I wish it's mine.

post #9033 of 15048
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent215 View Post

*


*

 *** I wish it's mine.

Loka very Cool vincent215
How is The SQ compare another DAP like AK 100 or Sony WM ZX 1?
post #9034 of 15048
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


Loka very Cool vincent215
How is The SQ compare another DAP like AK 100 or Sony WM ZX 1?

Hi rudi, it's not mine. It's pics from a headphone shop in my country, and I have never try the AK100, DX50 or Sony. I wish I will have one of them someday.

My only rig atm is only an iphone with an almost broken RE-400, with O2/ODAC, no headphone at all. Poor student :D

post #9035 of 15048
I want Share our mini meet With Sid , Alex , Iwan , Nico. And Me :

Source : Sony WM ZX 1 as transport
Dac / Amp : Sony pha 2

Source : Ipod Classic
Dac : Cyperlabs Class Solo
Amp : Alo Rx 3 B +

Iems : Fit Ear 334 With Alo cable

Look like Sid like Sony WM ZX 1 very much









Japan food at Sumiya


Me and Sid


From left to right :
Alex , Me ,Sid , Iwan , Nico

Edited by rudi0504 - 12/26/13 at 8:23am
post #9036 of 15048
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent215 View Post

Hi rudi, it's not mine. It's pics from a headphone shop in my country, and I have never try the AK100, DX50 or Sony. I wish I will have one of them someday.
My only rig atm is only an iphone with an almost broken RE-400, with O2/ODAC, no headphone at all. Poor student biggrin.gif

As i was studenf i had Only mini Compo
In My Time Dont have iPhone or Ipod , In year 2004 i Bought My First Ipod Classic click wheel With black and White display 40 GB
Edited by rudi0504 - 12/26/13 at 8:34am
post #9037 of 15048
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

I want Share our mini meet With Sid , Alex , Iwan , Nico. And Me :

Source : Sony WM ZX 1 as transport
Dac / Amp : Sony pha 2

Source : Ipod Classic
Dac : Cyperlabs Class Solo
Amp : Alo Rx 3 B +

Iems : Fit Ear 334 With Alo cable

Look like Sid like Sony WM ZX 1 very much









Japan food at Sumiya


Me and Sid


From left to right :
Alex , Me ,Sid , Iwan , Nico

Thanks Rudi. I can't think of a better way to spend a whole afternoon - with great food, excellent portable rigs, my favorite IEM (fitear TG334) and lovely friends.

Despite the fact that I am in no mood to return to Singapore, I have to be on my way tomorrow but will be back real soon.

And yes, the Sony ZX1 is truly excellent. I am enquiring on ways to get hold of a unit ASAP.
post #9038 of 15048
Rudi, can u let me know the comparison between fitear 334 and zx1 vs fitear 334 and ak120?
post #9039 of 15048

 

 

Noble 6, with Gavin's Tralucent T1 via iPod Classic.

post #9040 of 15048
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post





Noble 6, with Gavin's Tralucent T1 via iPod Classic.

U literally just got em right? Mannn the jealousy is risin again...
post #9041 of 15048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post


U literally just got em right? Mannn the jealousy is risin again...

 

Yep, picked them up this morning.

post #9042 of 15048
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post


The solder on the logic board probably goes bad cause there old like you said

My imod is actually a DIYmod done by audio minor with black gate nx caps


That's the disadvantage of buying from others without being able to DIY. You are limited to hear JUST that particular one without a chance to hear anything else for comparison. As said, comparison is the ONLY way to separate the winner from the rest. Same thing to Rudi and others who buy and try all kinds of gears - for one thing - to compare and find the winners.

 

I know many head-fi'ers who bought DIYmod's with the Elna Silmic's and shortly sold them to chase other hi-end daps. I totally understand it because I remember how I was disappointed with my first diymod with those caps for lack of improvement. The difference is they never got another chance to hear other caps, not mentioning unconventional caps. :)

 

With that said, it's not important how you achieve your perfect sound  - DIY or buy - as long as you are completely satisfied that's what really matters.

post #9043 of 15048
post #9044 of 15048
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post


That's the disadvantage of buying from others without being able to DIY. You are limited to hear JUST that particular one without a chance to hear anything else for comparison. As said, comparison is the ONLY way to separate the winner from the rest. Same thing to Rudi and others who buy and try all kinds of gears - for one thing - to compare and find the winners.

I know many head-fi'ers who bought DIYmod's with the Elna Silmic's and shortly sold them to chase other hi-end daps. I totally understand it because I remember how I was disappointed with my first diymod with those caps for lack of improvement. The difference is they never got another chance to hear other caps, not mentioning unconventional caps. smily_headphones1.gif

With that said, it's not important how you achieve your perfect sound  - DIY or buy - as long as you are completely satisfied that's what really matters.
We'll I have heard quite a few RWA super imods and they all sounded exactly like my diymod
post #9045 of 15048
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post


We'll I have heard quite a few RWA super imods and they all sounded exactly like my diymod

 

They are expected to sound the same if they were wired the same with the same BG caps. I would be surprised if they won't sound the same. RWA iMod is no secret and that's how other diymod's followed its suit.

 

Thanks to a head-fi'er's post, which led me to this thread. The OP was flamed for his claim and now he closed his thread. At that time, I was just curious and wanted to try these unconventional caps to find out all the fuss. He didn't say anything specific about what he used, but that piece of info is enough to lead me to try and arrive at today's total satisfaction. I wish I could let the OP know that I have confirmed those were indeed fools.

 

It took me three tries in that direction and it was the last try which got me to where I am. I remember the very next day after that last try I ordered a dozen of these caps. Since then my music life couldn't be any better. :)


Edited by DMinor - 12/26/13 at 2:31pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)