or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 589

post #8821 of 17186
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post
 

Where it all started.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

No expensive amps. No external DACs. No overpriced ICs. Just an iPod and a pair of on-ears (granted the first time, they were PortaPros...)

 

Nice case, can't find them for 5th gen's anymore.  Still pull mine out for easy portable listening and still very much enjoy it.

post #8822 of 17186

Three amps and matching receivers

 

 

1. AK100 + CORDA STEPDANCE + HD25-1 II (Oyaide HPC-HD25)

 

 

2. iPOD Classic + Headroom TotalBit Head + ER4P (APure Sound Cable)

 

 

3. iPOD 5.5th + RSA Intruder + Westone ES5 (ALO SXC24 Balanced Cable)

 

 

All Together

post #8823 of 17186
@dd92
Very nice photos!
post #8824 of 17186

Thank you~

post #8825 of 17186
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd92 View Post
 

Three amps and matching receivers

 

 

 

1. AK100 + CORDA STEPDANCE + HD25-1 II (Oyaide HPC-HD25)

 

 

 

2. iPOD Classic + Headroom TotalBit Head + ER4P (APure Sound Cable)

 

 

 

3. iPOD 5.5th + RSA Intruder + Westone ES5 (ALO SXC24 Balanced Cable)

 

 

 

All Together

 

very nice rigs.  looks amazing!

post #8826 of 17186
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd92 View Post
 

Three amps and matching receivers

 

 

1. AK100 + CORDA STEPDANCE + HD25-1 II (Oyaide HPC-HD25)

 

 

2. iPOD Classic + Headroom TotalBit Head + ER4P (APure Sound Cable)

 

 

3. iPOD 5.5th + RSA Intruder + Westone ES5 (ALO SXC24 Balanced Cable)

 

 

All Together

In general, would you still buy the AK100 given that the DX50 is out, and has reportedly comparable performance for a much cheaper price?

 

I am trying to decide between the two myself.

 

Great setups though  :biggrin:

post #8827 of 17186

budget rig.  amazing value 

 

post #8828 of 17186

@TekeRugburn

 

Thank you. They sound fantastic too.

 

@Shakenbake158

 

I have not tried DX50 yet. I already got AK100 so I am going to keep it as long as it is working. (I don't want to waste money)

post #8829 of 17186

So I visited my local audio store (Noisy Motel) today to try out the Fostex line to see what they're all about:)

 

Not bad, not bad at all.

 

DX50 + O2 + TH600

 

post #8830 of 17186

Try the TH900, its not just "not bad" its pretty badass.:D

 

I was there on Monday with the TH900s with Billy and they sounded fantastic from his Bottlehead SEX/C5D (We built three SEXs together including his unit).

Putting money down for the TH900 and C5D combo and calling it a day on closed headphones.:L3000:

post #8831 of 17186
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikigill View Post
 

Try the TH900, its not just "not bad" its pretty badass.:D

 

I was there on Monday with the TH900s with Billy and they sounded fantastic from his Bottlehead SEX/C5D (We built three SEXs together including his unit).

Putting money down for the TH900 and C5D combo and calling it a day on closed headphones.:L3000:

Oh, don't you worry, I wouldn't try one Fostex sibling and leave out the other. ;)

 


Edited by SkyBleu - 12/17/13 at 9:19pm
post #8832 of 17186

What a perverted name for an amp. :tongue_smile: 

post #8833 of 17186
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

What a perverted name for an amp. :tongue_smile: 

Haha, I tried the SEX today. It was amazing. Gave me an eargasm. ;)

post #8834 of 17186
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post
 

Haha, I tried the SEX today. It was amazing. Gave me an eargasm. ;)

 

I guess bottlehead-sex wold be pretty eargasmic ;).


Edited by lee730 - 12/18/13 at 8:32pm
post #8835 of 17186
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

I guess bottlehead-sex wold be pretty eargamic ;).

Lol, don't say it. I know exactly what you're thinking when you said that!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)