Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 574

post #8596 of 13857
So basically the ZX1 is capable of ANY USB DAC/amp with no exception?
post #8597 of 13857

My extraordinarily cheap portable rig. A pair of Senn. HD 205's, a hand-me-down Galaxy S4 with a cracked screen and a $7 amp made from parts salvaged from computers and radioshack. pics once I can post them.

post #8598 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicus88 View Post
 

My extraordinarily cheap portable rig. A pair of Senn. HD 205's, a hand-me-down Galaxy S4 with a cracked screen and a $7 amp made from parts salvaged from computers and radioshack. pics once I can post them.

 

sounds like an interesting DIY project there :basshead:

post #8599 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

So basically the ZX1 is capable of ANY USB DAC/amp with no exception?


I wouldn't say it will be capable of any without exception , it sort of depend on the driver and I don't think there is any android device that is compatible with any usb dac/amp in the market (android certified ones excepted)

post #8600 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post
 


I wouldn't say it will be capable of any without exception , it sort of depend on the driver and I don't think there is any android device that is compatible with any usb dac/amp in the market (android certified ones excepted)

 

I was curious where that conclusion came from myself. Afterall the ZX1 is like other android devices (and to be more specific, Android 4.1.1...I think this is pre-Jelly Bean?). Anyway if anyone is curious, it's worked with my Leckerton UHA-6Mk2 but not my Resonessence Labs Herus.

post #8601 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

I was curious where that conclusion came from myself. Afterall the ZX1 is like other android devices (and to be more specific, Android 4.1.1...I think this is pre-Jelly Bean?). Anyway if anyone is curious, it's worked with my Leckerton UHA-6Mk2 but not my Resonessence Labs Herus.


because of how some dac amp needs a certain driver to be installed , for example the fiio e17 in windows is recognized differently than my govibe magnum , the same goes with android

 

4.1 is already jelly bean, should have a decent compability with dac amps, probably wouldn't cover them all though

post #8602 of 13857

Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor paired with the AK120

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1477536_332184723590456_1567698115_n.jpg

post #8603 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor paired with the AK120

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1477536_332184723590456_1567698115_n.jpg

 

 

Awesome DF...

 

Your UERM artwork is stunning!!!

post #8604 of 13857

RWAK120-S with Tralucent T1 amp and Spiral Ear SE5 = Audio Nirvana ;).

 

post #8605 of 13857

I can't top those AK rigs, but I've been happy with this for the last few weeks!

 

I've got my Shure SRH-840's (w/ 940 velour pads) on the FiiO X3 and FiiO E12 Mont Blanc. The right angle cable is the FiiO L8. A bit cheaper than the AK rigs but I'm extremely happy with the sound quality of this rig for the price ( Although the software still needs some work....)

 

Shure SRH-840 with the FiiO X3 + FiiO E12 Mont Blanc.

FiiO X3 + FiiO E12 Mont Blanc

FiiO X3 + FiiO E12 Mont Blanc

post #8606 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

RWAK120-S with Tralucent T1 amp and Spiral Ear SE5 = Audio Nirvana ;).

 

That cable is sure under a lot of pressure! ;)

post #8607 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor paired with the AK120

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1477536_332184723590456_1567698115_n.jpg

 

 

Nice rig, I would like to have something like that. Thanks for sharing

post #8608 of 13857

Thanks for the kind words guys. Now all i need is to try and find the ultimate bass head custom and I'm all set for the next decade or so. Oh yeah, I also need a far better custom cable for the UERM. Gavin, I'll be PMing you in a few months concerning that. Geez, it never stops does it?


Edited by DigitalFreak - 12/8/13 at 9:36pm
post #8609 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolar311 View Post
 

I can't top those AK rigs, but I've been happy with this for the last few weeks!

 

I've got my Shure SRH-840's (w/ 940 velour pads) on the FiiO X3 and FiiO E12 Mont Blanc. The right angle cable is the FiiO L8. A bit cheaper than the AK rigs but I'm extremely happy with the sound quality of this rig for the price ( Although the software still needs some work....)

 

Shure SRH-840 with the FiiO X3 + FiiO E12 Mont Blanc.

 

 

Have you thought about trying the new alcantaras on those 840s?  vvv :wink_face: 


Edited by Change is Good - 12/8/13 at 9:48pm
post #8610 of 13857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post
 

 Geez, it never stops does it?

 

Nope, it just only gets worse and some times it settles down (but just for a moment while you´re trying to find the flaws and start thinking about the possible improvements)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)