Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 559

post #8371 of 15754
Was checking out some new amps to pair with my Tera and Tralucent 1+2 with gold/silver cable.. This Sony PHA-2 sounded pretty clean and the bass was full smily_headphones1.gif .


post #8372 of 15754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsy1 View Post

Was checking out some new amps to pair with my Tera and Tralucent 1+2 with gold/silver cable.. This Sony PHA-2 sounded pretty clean and the bass was full smily_headphones1.gif .



So what's the purpose of the Vorzuge in between?smily_headphones1.gif to interchange, was it?
post #8373 of 15754
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

So what's the purpose of the Vorzuge in between?smily_headphones1.gif to interchange, was it?

No purpose, just didn't want to undo/scratch up my rig. Also was easy to A/B the amps with my rig stacked on top smily_headphones1.gif.
post #8374 of 15754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsy1 View Post

No purpose, just didn't want to undo/scratch up my rig. Also was easy to A/B the amps with my rig stacked on top smily_headphones1.gif.
Yeah, I woulda thought so. smily_headphones1.gif

Which amp did you find to perform better for your taste?
post #8375 of 15754
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Yeah, I woulda thought so. smily_headphones1.gif

Which amp did you find to perform better for your taste?

That Sony PHA-2 actually paired nicely with the Tera, but the Vorzuge Duo is still the King of portable amps in my opinion. I've tried just about every portable amp of note, but none could top the battery life, low noise floor, and bass output/detail of the Duo. I'm always interested in trying out new gear, and the Vorzuge Pure 2 and Tralucent T2 are on my radar as well smily_headphones1.gif.
post #8376 of 15754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsy1 View Post

That Sony PHA-2 actually paired nicely with the Tera, but the Vorzuge Duo is still the King of portable amps in my opinion. I've tried just about every portable amp of note, but none could top the battery life, low noise floor, and bass output/detail of the Duo. I'm always interested in trying out new gear, and the Vorzuge Pure 2 and Tralucent T2 are on my radar as well smily_headphones1.gif.

That's good to hear. I've always wanted to try out the Pure but just never have the chance to. What's the battery life of this amp?
post #8377 of 15754
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

That's good to hear. I've always wanted to try out the Pure but just never have the chance to. What's the battery life of this amp?

I just checked out the Musica Acoustics website and they said the Vorzuge Pure 2 gets a whopping 30 hours of play time smily_headphones1.gif. I get over 20+ hours with my Vorzuge Duo and it charges quickly.
post #8378 of 15754
Player : Tera Player
Amp: Vorzuge Duo
Iems: Tralucent 1+2 Gold/Silver cable
Mini to Mini cable: Tralucent Über
post #8379 of 15754

Rocking my hybrids today whilst getting some work done - 

 

iPod Classic 160gb.

Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo Vers 1.

Graham Slee Voyager.

Forza Audioworks Interconnects.

Beyer Hybrids with Mogami Quad Re cable.

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

Please excuse the ****ty iPhone pics.

post #8380 of 15754

And the latest addition - 

 

iPad 4 Retina.

Nordost Odin.

iBasso Pelican PB2.

Toxic Cables White Widow ( Balanced )

Sennheiser HD25.1.II Adidas Originals.

 

 

Once Ive sorted the Camera Kit 

I'll use the Boomslang so I can have a fully balanced rig from the iPad.


Edited by Paul Graham - 11/28/13 at 7:09am
post #8381 of 15754
T1- definitely my fav of them all



Happy holidays!!!
post #8382 of 15754

My Current Portable Rig

 

Ibasso dx50 +  westone 4

 

post #8383 of 15754
Well that plan backfired. XD

* That's the C5, not the C5D, with the ODAC connected to the Apple Camera Connection Kit
According to NwAvGuy, the "ODAC uses a bit under 1 watt" of power.


Oh, I didn't see this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

I think that's why his looking forward to CCK wink.gif
Sorry but it's not going to work, just checked, gives me the too much power bubble.
Ah well, my mom's iPad can use the CCK then.

No wait, it works with an unpowered USB hub for some reason.
Behold the most portable rig you have ever laid your eyes on. So portable that it can fit in any suitcase you bring along with you. Yeah no I don't plan on putting that son of a brick in my pocket; this was more for experimenting.


Edited by miceblue - 11/29/13 at 2:03pm
post #8384 of 15754

The robot hub is a nice touch.

post #8385 of 15754
Today's son at tutoring rig

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)