- 995 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Location: Hong Kong
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 526
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not bad at all actually...I find them to be a neutral headphone. People have said that they can be extremely treble heavy with no bass, however I have never found that to be the case. The Bass is definately there if its in the music and I find they work extremely well with accoustic vocal stuff. Weirdly though I am looking at getting rid of them as I want a change.
Well spotted.......they are indeed modded. Single entry cable replaced with Dual Entry Mini XLR Jacks (the same as Audeze). Currently being used with a FAW Claire HPC. A definate improvement over the standard T70p. The work was done by Mathew over at Forza and he has made an excellent and extremely professional and tidy job of the mods
If i had the money to spare i would love to take them of your hands. Have you ever A/B:d your modded pair with let's say the DT770 Pro or an unmodified version of the T70p:s?
Edited by skalkman - 11/4/13 at 8:33am
Not with the DT770 Pro No. But I bought these as a stock T70p and had the mod done about 6 months ago. The major improvement comes from the improvement in the cable...which I find has increased the Bass response and tamed the treble. Whether having the cable directly soldered to the drivers has made a difference its hard to say.
However having used both a FAW Claire HPC and Toxic Silver Poison with these, there is a definate improvement and sound difference between cables. I've also used these balanced with a ALO RxMkIII B and they sounded brilliant.
haha...actually wanted to listen to my other combo..i like doing experiment with my rig combination..but finally won't able to take it off . TBH, i am not a fan of pairing DAP with an amp, unless i want it to drive a full size cans (using DAP as source). That pairing above is actually beyond my expectation. The Glacier is one of my favorite amp to go with my HD650 (usually i pair it with IPC+Clasdb), but right now with tera player...they sound very nice too..especially on its MIDS, very clean and clear..and the sound still remain having that lovely warmth. I love this.
Edited by muzic4life - 11/5/13 at 4:28am
Isn't that a serious bottlenecking? Hmm, thought the Terra would be able to drive the HD650s by itself. I wouldn't be upset though, thats a great thing to be "stuck" with heh!
Edited by 24Bit - 11/5/13 at 6:10am
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 34 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 47 seconds ago
- › Does Logitech UE 6000 Mic work with PC - wondering for gaming purposes 47 seconds ago
- › $1000 Challenge - List your best amp/headphone pairing that can be... 47 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 48 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi