I think it's an impedance adapter similar to the one that came with my ultimate ears years ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's Last post on 11/20/13 at 2:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2 Last post on 3/23/13 at 10:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would like some advice on choosing a portable amp. + DAC [single unit] Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp Recommendations Last post on 2/22/13 at 2:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 520
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Source : Theorem 720 DAC plus IPod Classic 7 G 160 Gb
hi Fi M8 plus iPhone 4 s
Pre amp : T + A. P 10.2 tube pre amp
Power amp : Stax Srm 727 mk 2
Cable : Theorem use USB to mini moon audio silver dragon v1
hi Fi m8 use diy USB to Lod
Pre amp to Source use Shunyata Ztron RCA to mini
Pre Amp to Power Amp : use diy balance cable
Headphone : Stax Sr 009
Please guess who is the winner ?
Newly updated portable rig with a silver LOD and Fiio E07k
Warning: Spoiler! what is the little thing on the side? (Click to show)
what is that little doohickie on the side of your stack?
I think they're good, yeah, especially the low end, I feel they're very much atmosphere, vibe, timbre, (Sony house sound at it's best) orientated over absolute detail. I think if you're going to put them on and crank it up thinking hell yeah SONY EX1000 you might be slightly disappointed however, if you take them in as an audiophile they're rather special. Treble can spike a little or sounds a little tinny or offensive with certain tracks. Compared to my RDB v1 they're a little congested and don't layer as well or emit the same detail levels in the mid range. I give stage width to the RDB too.
But yeah, not to shabby at all.
Thank you all for the pop corn
My opinion are withdraw , please read here
toying around...i love either one...they are sweet...
Ipod classic 160gb-wav files / Alo cable Ref-8 / Senn HD800 / Fitear Parterre / Alo Contivental V3 / Alo MK3Bplus / CLASdb / m2m Alo SXC24 / b2b single-core 4 braided cable
* with the mk3b-plus i noticed slight improvements over my previous MK3:
- the knobs on mk3plus is now a lot smoother when i turn it
- i find no static noise at all - they are clean !
- not sure with other unit, but mine seems significantly less hissing than my previous MK3. Pairing this with Parterre, the hiss is VERY soft (at medium gain - i noticed the hiss is softer than my Theorem). Alo has done a wonderful job on this...not to mention the longer batt life. I like it !!
- i don't get a chance to ab-ing them with MK3 for the SQ, so can not comment..
Edited by muzic4life - 11/1/13 at 12:58am
- Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
- › Grado SR225 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Upgrade Suggestions from NFB-12 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 6 minutes ago
- › Explain your avatar 6 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe